Gday :)

Make yourself known to other members here! Dont be shy!
Sparkington
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Gday :)

Post by Sparkington »

Gday

My name Dave I live in Queensland in Australia, I don't have a sigma but I have got a 92 Mitsubishi magna that uses a 4G54 motor and I'm slowly doing up the old girl. I belong to a few other forums. I have started slowly do it up but need some information on the 4G54 and have been told this is the place. The magna forums hate this engine but for me to graph a V6 in place, is a awful idea. And would need to get mods plate, so I rather spend some money on the engine and this way have a unique magna :D

So I will hopeful find some information about the engine and try and help out were I can :) Hope I can meet some interesting members and make some new friends :)

Cheer Sparkington
AFC3S

Re: Gday :)

Post by AFC3S »

Hey Dave,
Welcome to SG..

Don’t be shy to post some picture of your girl… It’s still a Mitsubishi… I know there will be few the guys here can help you on engine… Good luck.
Click Here For > Garage_10
Sparkington

Post by Sparkington »

Most recent photo I have of the car.
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

Welcome Dave.
Sparkington wrote:The magna forums hate this engine
That's pretty funny really considering how many Magna's have 2.6's?
Sparkington wrote:so I rather spend some money on the engine and this way have a unique magna :D

What sort of mods do you want to do? Turbo?

Dave...
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
ISKA8

Post by ISKA8 »

HEY DAVE,WELCOME TO THE SITE BUDS..
MY MATE HAD ONE OF THOSE MAGNA'S,IT WAS DARK GREEN,FULL BODYKIT,DTM WHEELS,MASSIVE SYSTEM AND A 300GT MOTOR IN IT..WHEN HARD!
It was in magazines and all over the auto salon.?might have seen it? :\
1984 SIGMA GK GSR (was EFI TURBO 10psi 194.0kw atw ) N/A head & cam
*1991 VN SS 5spd...HI COMP HEAD & CAM
2004 MITSUBISHI EXPRESS BIG RIG MOBILE DETAILING 0414017857!
MY NEW TOY F6310
Sparkington

Post by Sparkington »

My engine mods aren't set in concrete as of yet. But was looking to go NA motor as it will be easier to get back on the road. Without haven't to fill in extra paper work lol So I was just look around here see what sort of power get out of these engines :)

I do know they can get bored out to 2.9L but will lose some power at top of the rev band. Looking to rip out the balance shafts. Shave and port the head, lumpy cam, extractor and bigger exhaust, and to get an after market ecu.

These motors are hated by the forum because they slow, no real perfomance parts avaiable and heaps more reason.

I know of a TR with a 3.8L dohc motor car call TUFFTR, but haven't seen your mates magna :( So I'm here to learn :D

My car got mainly comestic mods at the moment. I have lowered it, 16" rims with nice fat tires, diamante bumper, verada tails lights, diamante center console, elite cluster blue lit and verada headlights.

So I have been to bolt a few other motors but why when I hopeful get some decent figures out the engine that came with my car (H)

Will post a thread with all my mods, I have mainly hit a brick wall as where to go with engine mods. Any help would be a great help :)
A112H

Post by A112H »

out of interest; if all magna 2.6 are narrow and all 4g63's are narrow (besides the Starion engine) why couldn't you fit a VR4 or EVO engine??
If this isn't something you want to do then you will find a heap of info here on 4g54 mods.
You might wanna start here if you are after power without a mod plate.
http://sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=6260
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

Being from Queensland, I would give stealth a pm. He's quite well versed with the 4G54 motors.

Have a look at these threads:
Stealths Performance Warehouse (Picture Thread)

Stealth's Performance Warehouse Discussion/Request thread

Dave...
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
Sparkington

Post by Sparkington »

out of interest; if all magna 2.6 are narrow and all 4g63's are narrow (besides the Starion engine) why couldn't you fit a VR4 or EVO engine??
If this isn't something you want to do then you will find a heap of info here on 4g54 mods.
You might wanna start here if you are after power without a mod plate.
Yes I want to avoid having a mod plates :) Plus I want to be different in my engine choice. I have been told I can bolt in 4G63 but being a smaller engine capacity, I image the engine will work hard to push the TR around. If I re-weld the passenger engine mount to a V6 version, I can install a V6 but this will cost more rego :) Yes I'm kinda a stubborn bloke. Not sure if it is the wide or narrow block, I think it the wide block but heads are interchangeable so I have told. But at this stage weighing up all option :)
Being from Queensland, I would give stealth a pm. He's quite well versed with the 4G54 motors.

Have a look at these threads:
Stealths Performance Warehouse (Picture Thread)

Stealth's Performance Warehouse Discussion/Request thread

Dave...
Cheers 75 Wagon I will talk to Stealth and ask some question about 4G54 :)

Cheers Dave
astronturbo77

Post by astronturbo77 »

All magna's are narrow, but just curious (not trying to be rude in any way) but its a magna, fwd, oil burning, poor handling, poor looks, 4 door sedan... why not get a VR4 as a better starting point? i would personly be going turbo if it was mine, i have a turbo 2.6 pushing 230rwkw.
BUILT NOT BROUGHT BY ALGIE.
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

Sparkington wrote:Not sure if it is the wide or narrow block
All Fwd 2.6's are narrow block (that's manual and auto).
Sparkington wrote: can install a V6 but this will cost more rego :) Yes I'm kinda a stubborn bloke.
I don't mean to be a smart arse, but if a small step up in rego is too expensive, then maybe you should find a different hobby to modifying cars :P
It could be a lot worse, you could be paying rego at NSW prices.

Dave...
Sparkington

Post by Sparkington »

True, I look at this way the government already take my taxes and waste the taxes on worthless projects. Then they try ruining my other hobby. So I say screw them lol So why would I give them any more money to stuff around with. Plus I rather not to have to worry about a mod plate :) I'm no way a cheapskate, just bloke that wants to beats some wanna be only to lift the hood all there is a astorn staring back at them :D I could go other routes but at the end of the day it only money :) If this path fails rip it out bolt in another motor lol
Sparkington

Post by Sparkington »

astronturbo77 wrote:All magna's are narrow, but just curious (not trying to be rude in any way) but its a magna, fwd, oil burning, poor handling, poor looks, 4 door sedan... why not get a VR4 as a better starting point? i would personly be going turbo if it was mine, i have a turbo 2.6 pushing 230rwkw.
No clue I have just really like this car from the first time I drove her :) Nah it alright I dont mind people judging me, I get it all the time. I like to drive a car that nobody has any passion for.

Why does anybody do up a certain car?

Ok cool, turbo I might look into that :)
ddt

Post by ddt »

but its a magna, fwd, oil burning, poor handling, poor looks
I really liked my old TS wagon -was a V6 though. Thought it drove and handled very well. What i didn't like was the autobox and the pov pack blue interior -yours looks to be a KR verada though (?) which was much nicer inside.
Is your magna an auto or manual? If it's auto and uses the same box that the V6 uses, even with more power it will still spend all day deciding whether to kick down or not when you plant it. Though if running a turbo 4g54 through an autobox, one advantage might be that you will stay on boost during gear changes.

personally I reckon a manual magna V6 with some minor front suspension tweeks would be a sweet thang.
'Member's Rides' Link for LIL RED WGN: http://www.sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=4742