The dream project (new member)

Make yourself known to other members here! Dont be shy!
ThisWayUp

The dream project (new member)

Post by ThisWayUp »

well allo everyone. Intro myself, ok. Raymond. My dad used to own a 2 door chrysler with a 318 fireball motor and i recall it was the first time i was enthused about cars. Years later when the chrysler (was still chrysler then ) brought out the sigma my dad bought one. it was a great car, that metallic brown colour and my dad used to take great pride in blowing away six cylinders with the humble 2.6. A year or so later we were on holiday and i saw a chrysler scorpion and instantly fell in love with its curvy lines and stance which was helped by its two tone metallic silver and blue paintjob. skip to future...........................> I am not one of those people that believes any manufacturer has everything to offer so I have three dream vehicles as such, they are the 1949 ford mercury ( preferably chopped and channelled etc as any good hot rodder would appreciate ), the volkswagen karmann ghia, early small indicator model, dumped with polished empis to look good and finally the chrysler scorpion ( no offence to the mitsi version but I just prefer those rounder lines as you can see by my other two choices of car ). well its been a long time coming but I finally bought one and by the fact I'm here and also not rich you can guess which of the three I've got. It is a silver baby the same as you see in the scorpion promotional brochure and with those same wheels. Unfortunately it was defected after the previous owner thought he could beat a tree but nothing too major. The worst bit was he was on P plates and as we know that means Police Magnet so with cut springs (Looks great at its current height though ) and a mangled front i get to fix it ( already sorted the front end, gotta love U Pullit ) so the previous owner can reregister it then sell it to me. ( Thats the law, can't buy it defected unless I get it classified as a write off ) So I will probably have a few questions to post ( Hopefully not too stoopid ), chat to a few of you and maybe even answer some of your questions at sometime. This looks like a great site and I look forward to checking it all out and keeping all updated on the scorps progress. Yeah I know :blah: :blah: :blah: =)
A112H

Re: The dream project (new member)

Post by A112H »

Welcome Raymond. I gotta agree with you about the Scorpions, I much prefer the older ones. I am guessing you are in SA?
We are going to need some pics of ya car and some progress pics too :lol:
Don't worry about blabbing on from time to time mate, we all do it. I think it is a true sign of the passion
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

Love your dream cars, I agree with all except the Scorp. I'd replace that with a Galant, but it's all good. :thumpsup:
Welcome to the site.
I look forward to seeing some pics , and also what you do with your car...

Dave...
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
crystalmeths

Post by crystalmeths »

welcome......................... now pics or ban :lol:
kirkstanton

Post by kirkstanton »

Wow loved the write up! Great story. I find people that just keep coming back for the old Mitsubishi's so inspiring, that way I know its not just me and my opinion isn't biased. Again great write up! Welcome to the site, I look forward to seeing some pics

Thanks,
Kirk