G'day...

Make yourself known to other members here! Dont be shy!
74GalantGB

G'day...

Post by 74GalantGB »

G'day...
I've got no idea what to write. :-)

I love my car. She's a beast ;-) haha. :-)

1974 Valiant Galant GB, GL.
Was Auto, but have converted to manual.

Interior:
I didn't get any 'before' photos of interior of my car... but i found these of another car EXACTLY the same =D
(Although I'll admit that mine was in better condition... carpet, etc was less worn.
Not a single tear or cut or anything on seats.

http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_ima ... _large.jpg

Will get interior photos of my car 'now' tomorrow sometime and put on here. =]

Exterior:
The day after I got it:

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-s ... 65_722.jpg

Added a sticker to the windscreen =) See that? CHRYSLER, not MITSUBISHI! ;-) Haha :-)
No such thing as a Mitsubishi Valiant... so it's gotta be Chrysler Valiant Galant, right?? (Is my logic flawed? ... I hope not!)

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-s ... 6_1381.jpg

Got two new stickers for car... =D
In case ya haven't guessed, I'm a country-Aussie =] Lol.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak- ... 0749_n.jpg

New wheels/tyres/mags. woot! =D I love my baby ;-)

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak- ... 7662_n.jpg

Want more photos? Tell me what ya want photos of and I'll post 'em. =] I love showing off my car lol. :-)
Will get pics under bonnet tomorrow some time... if i can find my camera. :-) Although, will admit that there's nothing special going on under the bonnet... yet <.< ;-)
'74 GB.

R.I.P ALF; my darling little car. You never had a fault in/on you. ~ </3

Definition: "Shim"; being a supreme being of awesomeness which is neither male nor female but walks among both worlds as it pleases.

<.* Yes, I'm an idiot. Get over it. :) *.>
tango76hardtop

Re: G'day...

Post by tango76hardtop »

welcome to the forum, love your very tidy galant and the factory look :thumpsup:
I want to go down on you and make you really happy, then i want to come back up slowly and fuck you real good, yours sincerely Petrol prices.
A112H

Post by A112H »

Nice ride mate, looking forward to more pics. Do you have any big plans yet?
My GC has Mitsubishi, Chrysler and Valiant badges.
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

That's a pretty tidy GB.
Welcome to the site.
I see you've posted on the Parra cruise topic. Where are you located?
We might be able to do a cruise nearer to you on the next one, if there is interest?

Dave...
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
shuggy

Post by shuggy »

love the ride mate - welcome to the site
74GalantGB

Post by 74GalantGB »

75wagon wrote:That's a pretty tidy GB.
Welcome to the site.
I see you've posted on the Parra cruise topic. Where are you located?
We might be able to do a cruise nearer to you on the next one, if there is interest?

Dave...
G'day.
I'm actually in Tas, mate...
My partner and I are both into Galants, etc., so we'd both make the effort to come the next time if it's up that way =]
'74 GB.

Definition: "Shim"; being a supreme being of awesomeness which is neither male nor female but walks among both worlds as it pleases.

74GalantGB

Post by 74GalantGB »

Galant_GT0 wrote:Nice ride mate, looking forward to more pics. Do you have any big plans yet?
My GC has Mitsubishi, Chrysler and Valiant badges.
I don't have any Mitsubishi badges on it that I know of, but I'm guessing that the horse on the grill and middle of the steering wheel would possibly be Mitsubishi..?? My own theory there, so don't quote me on it! ;-)

No really big plans... I want it to be louder, and would love turbo =D Lol.
Hoping I cou0ld have it lifted somewhat, and bigger (wider?) tyres... I love the 'chunky' looking tyres.
Yep - I love loud cars, too... hehe.
I don't really know much about cars... my dad is a mechanic, so whenever he does something to my car I like to help as best I can ;-) :-) and try to learn what I can about it.
But yeah, I'm not really sure what is POSSIBLE to do to it... o.o

Also plan on getting it re-painted one of these days... still undecided whether to just get it re-sprayed same colour (metallic bronze), or go for something new...

Money is always an issue, too... heh.. :roll:
'74 GB.

75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

We do them every couple of months, and always great to see new faces :thumpsup:

There may be a Melbourne cruise coming up soonish, keep watching for it (H)

Galants are Mitsubishi's no matter what badges they have, or what people call them. In America they were sold as Dodge Colts, In Canada they were sold as Plymouth Crickets.
Old School Misubishi's are great cars no matter what badges are on them, I've had 13, 14 if you include 80's colts.

Dave...
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
astronturbo77
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Post by astronturbo77 »

WOW i love it when tassie members join!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! where abouts are you located mate, im well into galant and lancers. i used to have a one owner sky blue gb with a black vinyal roof! wish i didnt sell it, interested in selling yours? lol sorry :$
BUILT NOT BROUGHT BY ALGIE.
74GalantGB

Post by 74GalantGB »

We do them every couple of months, and always great to see new faces :thumpsup:

There may be a Melbourne cruise coming up soonish, keep watching for it (H)

Galants are Mitsubishi's no matter what badges they have, or what people call them. In America they were sold as Dodge Colts, In Canada they were sold as Plymouth Crickets.
Old School Misubishi's are great cars no matter what badges are on them, I've had 13, 14 if you include 80's colts.

Dave...
Well I'm gonna have to out and admit that I'm a Chrysler person, so I'll just keep believing that it's a Chrysler ;-) Lol. :-)
Speaking of Plymouths... 'Cuda... Mmmm.... *drools*
OK, back on subject... ;-)
This is my first Galant... So Chrysler/Mitsubishi.
My dad owns a 1980(?) Chrysler Valiant CM GLX, and has owned HEAPS of Chryslers before that... He's a huge Chrysler fanatic, so I guess I take after him. He used to drag 'em, too. :-)
If he believed my car to be a Mitsubishi, he'd be less happy to let me park it on his property, and wouldn't show it off to anyone who shows interest in Chryslers ;-) Lol.
Ah well, guess she's just a Chrysler-Mitsubishi, aye? =D
I don't really care either way. She's a great little car, and I love it.. that's all that matters to me ^_^

Look forward to having this debate in person at one of these cruises, some time. ;-)
Will certainly keep watching for updates. =D Melbourne would be a great location, as would be the easiest place (outta Tas) for me to get to... =D

Kim.
'74 GB.

74GalantGB

Post by 74GalantGB »

astronturbo77 wrote:WOW i love it when tassie members join!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! where abouts are you located mate, im well into galant and lancers. i used to have a one owner sky blue gb with a black vinyal roof! wish i didnt sell it, interested in selling yours? lol sorry :$

I'm guessing there aren't many other Tassie members?? :-)
I'm in the North-East... (no offense, but I'm not giving exact location ;-) I'm sure ya understand though :-))

Haha, nah mate... NOT interested in selling mine. Love it far too much =]
But I have found one on the net (located at Hawley Beach, Tas) that I'd LOVE, but never be able to afford =/ Not sure if it's still there, but the add is, and I still drool over it frequently ;-)
Link:
http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/pri ... 6725%20902
'74 GB.

astronturbo77
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Post by astronturbo77 »

yeah mate i totally understand about the location thing, im in hobart area. ive seen that silver gd in action, goes very well!

i think at last count ive have had about 7 galants, i have a GD coupe at the moment that is under restoration, but ive had to put it in storage untill i finish my lancer sedan 74 which is a 2.6 turbo! also have a Vh valaiant ute with 66*** miles. absolutly love the chryslers mitsus, oh and i have a starion aswell.
BUILT NOT BROUGHT BY ALGIE.
74GalantGB

Post by 74GalantGB »

yeah mate i totally understand about the location thing, im in hobart area. ive seen that silver gd in action, goes very well!

i think at last count ive have had about 7 galants, i have a GD coupe at the moment that is under restoration, but ive had to put it in storage untill i finish my lancer sedan 74 which is a 2.6 turbo! also have a Vh valaiant ute with 66*** miles. absolutly love the chryslers mitsus, oh and i have a starion aswell.

I LOVE the Valiant utes! Dad has had a few, and made one at one point o.o chopped a valiant up and added a ute tray. Ended up looking better than it sounds ;-). A mate of mine has a Town&Country one... she's beauty!! :-) and the same mate also has two Pacers. :-)
Dad used to own a couple of Chargers, too. And has had a few different Valiants (and other Chryslers). Probably the reason I've fallen in love with them. :-)
I love the older cars, and muscle cars... =)
Big fan of Plymouth 'Cudas and RoadRunners, too. :-)
'74 GB.