G'day from WA

Make yourself known to other members here! Dont be shy!
ddt

G'day from WA

Post by ddt »

Hi All,
I'm from Perth -any other Perth people out there?
I used to frequent sigma-galant back in the old days when i had my golden-brown 78 sigma wagon (my first car). For a while i also had a blue 81 GH sedan with holden V6. So I've been sigma-less for about 3 or 4 yrs.. until 2 days ago when i bought a 79 GE wagon! (yep; unashamed nostalgia).

Here she is after a quick turtle wax (gotta love non-metallic paints for revivability);

Note that the roof rack is not mounted yet -was working out placing (was going to fit to my old wagon but never happened).

It was a one-owner and it has never been in an accident. However it seems to have done just shy of 500,000km but need to double-check that the odometer is a proper 6 digit one as my old '78 GE was really 5 digit -the 6th being 100m.
Currently sorting carby vacuum issues.

DDT
'Member's Rides' Link for LIL RED WGN: http://www.sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=4742
Skidmark

Re: G'day from WA

Post by Skidmark »

Welcome to S.G.com.Neat wagon ,you wouldnt think its got 500,000 on it buy looking at it.
Skidmark
85 GN ,daily driver
86 GN ,resto project .
tango76hardtop

Post by tango76hardtop »

welcome back and very nice and tidy sigma, you might want to check out the events section as shuggy is trying to start a cruise in perth :)
I want to go down on you and make you really happy, then i want to come back up slowly and fuck you real good, yours sincerely Petrol prices.
shuggy

Post by shuggy »

very nice wagon, that is beautiful, never seen a GE wagon in the flesh, maybe i will get to see this one!

yep check out the cruise section - - http://www.sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.php?f=66&t=4215
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

Good to see another WA member...
Welcome and all that.

GE's are the best Sigma in my honest opinion... I always wanted a white SE wagon

Dave...
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
shuggy

Post by shuggy »

75wagon wrote:GE's are the best Sigma in my honest opinion... I always wanted a white SE wagon
:stupid: :stupid: :stupid: :stupid: :thumpsup:
ddt

Post by ddt »

Thanks guys,

yeah, i prefer the GE too- specifically the SE model though I prefer the GL front end which I'm sure is the original as the designer intended -the SE front end looks a bit like 'some-one else's' idea to me. So i'm on the look out for a bumper and grill from a GL. Thought i saw new old stock grills on ebay a few yrs back..

I'm keen on the cruise- I'll try and make that for sure.

DDT
'Member's Rides' Link for LIL RED WGN: http://www.sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=4742
shuggy

Post by shuggy »

awesome sounds good to me
camB

Post by camB »

So i'm on the look out for a bumper and grill from a GL
Is that the honeycomb grille, like mine? They pop up on ebay around Melbourne ever so often... dunno about WA though.
ddt

Post by ddt »

yep, the honeycomb one -like on your awesome GE.
i just found out today the only pick-a-part here in perth closed down a couple of years back :@
I'll keep an eye out on Ebay and the local Quokka magazine for bits and pieces. Also would like a set of Globe Montego rims (AKA Wherret rims) - actually is there a wanted section here? -i think i'll have a look for it and post up my wish list!
camB

Post by camB »

:D

Yeah, the turbo/Wherret rims show up on ebay (and here) semi-regularly. There are both wanted and for sale sections on here, so good luck.