New to site, :D

Make yourself known to other members here! Dont be shy!
Chris84gsr

New to site, :D

Post by Chris84gsr »

G'day, im chris, im 16 and currently on my L plates, i live on the outskirts of sydney, left school last year and 4months into a light vehicle mechanic apprenticeship, bought my first car today, 1984 Sigma GK GSR, Brown, been garaged most its life with good paint, one spot of rust on the door, one dent on the guard, got the nice 15" pepperpot wheels and spoiler on the back :D, cream interior, had seatcovers on all its life so its absolutely mint in there!!!! only non original thing in there is a cd player, its a 5speed manual with the 2.6ltr astron 4g54 engine in it, i bought it for $1350 with rego till october 2010, had one drive in it and love it already, so easy to drive apart from the steering is REALLY heavy, anyone know a cure for this? ive been looking into sigmas for a while now and as soon as i saw this bargain i couldnt resist it, its got a small front bodykit on it that looks pretty mean i think this comes stock on the gsr's, the engine was reconditioned 40'000km ago and its sitting on 230'000 at the moment, also the past owner said they had the rocket cover gasket changed 5months ago. the car has been in the family between numerous different family members for 16years, finally leaving that family and coming to me :D oh lucky!

well there we have it my life story of the past 24hours, ill try get some photos up soon as i dont have a clue how to do it
75wagon
Admin

Re: New to site, :D

Post by 75wagon »

Welcome to the site Chris...
Sounds like you've got yourself a tidy GSR...
Chris84gsr wrote:so easy to drive apart from the steering is REALLY heavy, anyone know a cure for this?
Some sigma's had power steering, some of the members know a bit about how to convert it (I'm not one). If you think your steering is heavy you should try mine, the big offset wheels I have don't help.
Chris84gsr wrote:also the past owner said they had the rocket cover gasket changed 5months ago.
It's actually a rocker cover. It covers the rockers and valve train. There aren't any rockets in there. Common naming mistake.
Chris84gsr wrote:its got a small front bodykit on it that looks pretty mean i think this comes stock on the gsr's
It does, don't break it, you'll have a hell of a time finding another.
Chris84gsr wrote:ill try get some photos up soon as i dont have a clue how to do it
Look here http://www.sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=21

Dave...
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
coltspeed2000

Post by coltspeed2000 »

G'day Chris - Congrats and Welcome

I was about to say the same thing as 75wagon re uploading photos.

What he forgot to say was we've got a cruise day coming up why don't you come along? It'll be local for all Sydney siders.

http://www.sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.php?f=66&t=4093

Steve
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

coltspeed2000 wrote:What he forgot to say was we've got a cruise day coming up why don't you come along? It'll be local for all Sydney siders.
Thanks for that, Anyone is welcome to come, if you've got a car suitable come on and have a look, it should be a big one this time around.
I didn't mention it because the link is in my signature....

Dave...
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
coltspeed2000

Post by coltspeed2000 »

oops didn't see that - where are my glasses...

(H) stevie wonder
GC75
Admin

Post by GC75 »

pics or ban (H)
Previous owner of a GC Coupe, a few GSRS and random Sigmas.
Converted to the Ultimate Driving Machines
Chris84gsr

Post by Chris84gsr »

Very sorry for the spam but my first time uploading pictures, now i know what to do and wont spam anymore, impressed all my mates who dont have cars and sat in it listening to music and chatting
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

Fixed the pic for ya :thumpsup:

Dave...
GC75
Admin

Post by GC75 »

looks nice mate :thumpsup:
Previous owner of a GC Coupe, a few GSRS and random Sigmas.
Converted to the Ultimate Driving Machines
TUFSIG
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Post by TUFSIG »

nice gsr mate fist one ive seen with that decal down the side and ive had nearly 10 lol
very nice mate if you need help getting parts or want to know more about anything related to it let me know ive had quite a few
nice pickup
TUFSIG
Boost Is the Only Way
1984 GK Sigma GSR, 2.6 EFI Turbo
1992 Aus Delivered 3000GT Twin Turbo
1984 GK Sigma GSR Stocka

ISKA8

Post by ISKA8 »

hey mate,welcome to the site..nice GSR.
tufsig:your right bro,thats the first ive seen with the pinstripeing?? still they look fukn sexy dont they...
1984 SIGMA GK GSR (was EFI TURBO 10psi 194.0kw atw ) N/A head & cam
*1991 VN SS 5spd...HI COMP HEAD & CAM
2004 MITSUBISHI EXPRESS BIG RIG MOBILE DETAILING 0414017857!
MY NEW TOY F6310
shuggy

Post by shuggy »

Chris84gsr wrote:impressed all my mates who dont have cars and sat in it listening to music and chatting
this is how it all starts, we have all sat in our cars and dreamed
Skidmark

Post by Skidmark »

1300 bucks, well done ,thats a bargain I reckon.Welcome to S.G com.
85 GN ,daily driver
86 GN ,resto project .
Chris84gsr

Post by Chris84gsr »

Its a dream to drive so far, fixed up most of the small problems but my dash gauges and everything is slowly dropping out, my tacho works if im lucky, engine temp sits on cold no matter what, and tonight i put 15L of fuel into it - level went up to half a tank then after 5minutes of driving i had a glance down and it was at empty, still drove for another hour after that and no petrol lights came on or anything. Loose wiring may be the problem, tomorow ill give the dash a good wacking and see if anything reconnects and works for me :D
im hoping its just a simple rewire or just cheap fuel and tacho gauges that i need to bolt into somewhere