sup everyone newbie here

Make yourself known to other members here! Dont be shy!
greengalant

sup everyone newbie here

Post by greengalant »

Hello all just a quick hello I have just purchased a GD I think it is 76?? from my other halfs dad for cheap which is handy. Its some what clean and straight green, well it was green its faded to a weird colour green, its a wagon with 4spd manual and 1600. Needs some work but thats always fun to do. I am at south side of brissy. Okies later. Might down the track convert it to a 2l with a 5spd if can be bothered but we will have to see. :)
75wagon
Admin

Re: sup everyone newbie here

Post by 75wagon »

Welcome to the site...
You are going to have to posts some pics of your wagon.

Dave...
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
A112H

Post by A112H »

Welcome mate, good to see more and more people interested in the old Mitsi's. Have a look around, pleanty of ideas and pics to look at and things to read. Use the search button, it is your friend. And don't for get to show us all some pics.
greengalant

Post by greengalant »

thanks guys. i was wondering if there is like a directory on the forum to see what people do for cars, i want some work done on it down the track with paint work etc and would rather a mitsu guy do it then a random. I am at redbank plains near ipswich. And on a side note this seems to be working well on my n96 atm good work to the guys running the site.
GC75
Admin

Post by GC75 »

welcome to the site mate :thumpsup:
Previous owner of a GC Coupe, a few GSRS and random Sigmas.
Converted to the Ultimate Driving Machines
greengalant

Post by greengalant »

It needs some work but hey thats the fun of it all....
Is there a place around to get the bumpers well straightened and stuff to look pretty?
And if there is any panel beater/spray painters around that would be handy we should deff talk..
Also chasing info on if a 5spd will fit behind the 1600 thats in it and if so out of which..
Also what model is it I dont know anything bout galant models i was a sigma man myself

Thats enough for now laters
rob020

Post by rob020 »

you want a narrow block jap 5 speed... all saturns (4g32, 4g33 etc) are narrow block, borg warner box is physically larger and wont fit in the tunnel, mabye if you start with an auto.. you also need an gearbox mount from a 1400... a2613 i believe? mackay part number? ill just double check for you..

otherwise, its a bolt in swap
Last edited by rob020 on Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
"launching missiles? who do they think i am? iraq? where would i get a missile from?" "that means rocks too dumbaass" "oh"
conversation recently overheard at police station after big night out
rob020

Post by rob020 »

a2612.... a2613 is the 1600 part number... the 1600 one has a narrower bolt spacing... you want the 1400 one with the 6cm spacing... i just got mine the other day from supercheap, $75
"launching missiles? who do they think i am? iraq? where would i get a missile from?" "that means rocks too dumbaass" "oh"
greengalant

Post by greengalant »

Its currently a 4sp manual with stock 1600 i plan to keep the motor at least for a while but it will be doing some high way driving and don't really want it screaming i know they go and i plan to do a rebuild in the engine in the next month to make it go well again.
shuggy

Post by shuggy »

haha dave is gonna love you. Green wagon and stock 1.6. :thumpsup:
you are after a 5 speed from a 2lt sigma mate. That will fit. Can also get an 8 bolt diff with 3.4ish ratio out of a ge sigma i think? Use the search button, it actually works now :)
greengalant

Post by greengalant »

Thanks dude I did think a sigma would fit in it.
rob020

Post by rob020 »

my LA lancer is only a 4 speed, originally a 1400 but with a 1600.. i get about 3.5k rpm at 100km/h

if the borg warner box does fit in the galant tunnel (i dunno?) any 2l sigma box will do... but if it doesnt, you need the one that DOESNT have a removable bellhousing... the jap box

whoops, meant to say gearbox mount, doesnt matter whhat engine you want, you need a 1400 gearbox mount for a 5 speed
A112H

Post by A112H »

Welcome mate, wagon looks like a pretty good starting point.
Your wagon is a GD Galant
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

shuggy wrote:haha dave is gonna love you. Green wagon and stock 1.6. :thumpsup:
I do love it :thumpsup:
Have a look at my members rides post, it'll show you what I've done to my GC wagon... http://www.sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=2742
You can fit a 5 speed from either a 2ltr Sigma or an LB/LC Lancer hatch. They both fit. here is the conversion topic... http://www.sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=3635

Dave...
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
rob020

Post by rob020 »

so a borg warner out of a 2l will fit a galant tunnel?
shuggy

Post by shuggy »

well
yea i spose
but you dont want that one :thumpsup:
they have a dendancy to 'fall apart in your hands' :lol:
rob020

Post by rob020 »

oh, fair enough... i know they dont fit a lancer... didnt want this poor chap goin out and getting any old 2l 5 speed cos we gave him a bum steer...

cheers,
rob
greengalant

Post by greengalant »

Thanks for the help guys much appreciated.

I plan to keep the galant pretty much 100% stock maybe some extracors ( plan to weld some stainless ones up, if people are keen after i master one set i could make more who knows. Might also put some different rims on it and thats pretty much it and a respray the fiancee wants it purple..........Im not to sure i was thinking a nice clean white with a purple pearl over it depends on $$$ i do think. Is there anyone on here thats in brissy thats a pretty good with pain on the forum would like to support other mitsu guys and also the bumper looking for someone or know of some where to get it straightened to make it look pretty again any help would be great.
rob020

Post by rob020 »

i know it is possible to get bumpers re rolled... you seem to have abit of an imprint of the post that was hit though, i reckon why spend the money fixing that one when itll never be perfect, galant bumpers arent that hard to find (even in tassie) just try a few wreckers, adelaide has heaps of old mitsubishi chryslers. might have to get one sent over

cheers,
rob
A112H

Post by A112H »

No swapsies thanks rob20, lol. We like our bumpers here and thats where they will stay, lol

Try this guy
http://www.startlocal.com.au/industrial ... 97932.html
All over the aussie forums they rave about bumpers australia
These guys also seem pretty legit
http://www.aclassmetal.com.au/profile_introduction.htm
I have no affiliation with either company and except no responsability for work under taken. Just a disclaimer, lol
rob020

Post by rob020 »

haha, i love adelaide, but you guys gotta learn to share your chrylser parts, im thinking bout heading over there JUST to check out pick-a-part... last time i was at the lonsdale(i think?) one they had a few lancer hatches i wanted :) haha, i was driving my scorpion and i blew out at all the mitsubishi street names.. lol
A112H

Post by A112H »

The Mitsi/Chrysler names around there are pretty cool.
Sadly, buth the U-Pull It's (Lonsdale and Elizabeth West) had a massive clean out about 6 months ago and the oldest Mitsi there after was an 82 Siggy. They have bought a few more 70's Mitsi's recently but not like it was.
rob020

Post by rob020 »

i wonder how often they have to replace street signs? lol
Skidmark

Post by Skidmark »

welcome to the site GreenGalant.
85 GN ,daily driver
86 GN ,resto project .
phildeb

Post by phildeb »

Hi there welcome to the room,, :D ,You got a bit of work to do .But keep working youll get there..Wont catch up to me though :lol:
phildeb
Sunshine Coast
1977 chrysler lancer hatchback
greengalant

Post by greengalant »

Not only will I catch up but i will pass you muahahahahahahahaaaaaa :P :P :P :P :P :P
Now where is that 4g63 turbo and a 5spd supra box and hilux diff and some 19"s that would do it o and a respray to ford purple that should do for this weekend lol
Nah would be interesting to do.....
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

greengalant wrote:a respray the fiancee wants it purple..........Im not to sure i was thinking a nice clean white with a purple pearl over it depends on $$$ i do think.
Here's some of what others have got or done...
Wagon tribute :thumpsup:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

This should help you decide what to, or what not to paint your wagon :thumpsup: Hope it helps anyway.

Dave...

Go the wagons :thumpsup:
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

As far as colours go, a lot comes down to personal taste.
The other colour that I was seriously considering for mine was 'BMW Daytona Pearl Metallic' it's a really dark metallic purple that looks black at night. I painted my VK Commodore wagon that colour. It's from BMW (obviously) from 1993 I think. The reason I didn't was I still had the Commodore when I started the build. Didn't want 2 cars the same colour.

My advice for colour is this:
If you want to keep a standard look, pick a colour that looks like it could have been standard when you car was new. If you are going to put big wheels and modern motor then maybe go for something a bit less standard (unless you're trying to go sleeper or grand-pa look).

I wanted something that looked like it could have been from the factory but wasn't. I think the green works well.

Dave...
stealth

Post by stealth »

sorry to hi jack thread
hey dave one of those wagons in your tribute is mine i think,this is a small world
its the crapy blue one in the paddock?
do you know where that photo is taken ?
cheers stealth (H)
Engineering the unfair advantage !
Red bull , fuelling the fastest race cars on earth !
A112H

Post by A112H »

In your paddock?