How did you find Sigma-Galant.com?

Make yourself known to other members here! Dont be shy!
luke77

Re: How did you find Sigma-Galant.com?

Post by luke77 »

Researching new rally car to build, decided on a Sigma and Googled "Sigma Modifications". On a note, SG has been a great help with ideas etc on build up of car.......... Keep up the good work :thumpsup:
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - beer in one hand, smoke in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming -WOO HOO! What a Ride!"
kirkstanton

Post by kirkstanton »

i just bought my galant and i wanted some info on spare parts i stumbled across this site and didnt think too much of it.

then a couple days latter i was looking for some info on my galant and this site cam up again, i decided to browse the forum some more, just too see what was here. guess what i found? a gold mine of galant info and other people that love the cars just as much as me and best of all CRUISES!!!
TUFSIG
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Post by TUFSIG »

i bought my first GSR back in 05 and a mate of mine foound the old site and linked me to it and ive been here ever since and had various GSR, GH turbos and scorpions lol
TUFSIG
Boost Is the Only Way
1984 GK Sigma GSR, 2.6 EFI Turbo
1992 Aus Delivered 3000GT Twin Turbo
1984 GK Sigma GSR Stocka

L300BongoVan

Post by L300BongoVan »

A while back I went to see a mates Galant when he was stripping it back and he was talking about this site.

Recently I purchased a L300 4x4 and was looking for an engine swap and everywhere I looked all signs pointed back here for top info on engines and boxes etc.

The only problem is I don't think it will be too long before I end up with a Galant in my shed and me wondering how it came about.... especially the photos page in the galant section! You bastards!! :D

Cheers,

Mark.

One thing though.....and it seems to be a general forum problem and that is that the search function doesn't really search to well. (could just be me though)
A112H

Post by A112H »

According to the old site I joined on the 18th of May 2007, I really would have thought it was 2005 or 06? Anyway, searching for parts or info on my coupe I googled Galant and found the old site, been hanging around ever since.
mrd
God Admin

Post by mrd »

Way back about 8 or so (?) years ago my friend boof bought a scorpion after I had bought a sigma wagon and he started searching for sigma clubs (being the proud owner that he was). He came accross a very small australian website created by a fellow named Fabio. We (boof, s3uoq, and I) made friends with Fabio (I'm so sorry dude I can't remember what your alias was :() and started an IRC channel called #sigma-galant for a realtime chat place where sigma-galant owners could make friends etc which proved popular enough to gather about 20-30 regulars at it's peak where we met Rallyant, C_fernance and others.
Shortly after that (being into webdesign at the time) I created a website to compliment the IRC chat channel. Fabio was made a senior/founding member and he put hard work into helping the s-g community get off the ground (...so at the end of the day most of the credit for the original idea/birth of s-g.com goes to him as he was trying to get it happening (as were others) well before my friends and I turned up). So that was the birth ofsigma-galant.cjb.net (to later become sigma-galant.com). With the help of early regulars like karl_2ltgc, rallyant (also had a mitsu/chrysler forum before s-g started), galantman, DVSGAL, oldn64, C_Fernance (also had a mitsu/chrysler forum before s-g started), and Brett our recently retired moderator (just to name a few - I'm so sorry if I've forgotten to mention you here!) sigma-galant.com was turned into a thriving community. With the kind dedication and hard work of innumerable volunteers (least of all our current mod team) we have survived through a number of serious website crashes/rebirths (not to mention car crashes/rebirths) up to the point we are at today. :)
shuggy

Post by shuggy »

found the name of the site written on a piece of paper in the ash tray of my 1st galant - it was a sign and ive stuck to it ever since
which the old site says is 27th december 2008, b ti thought it was before then.. never mind
ddt

Post by ddt »

been circling around since the 4G forum days -is that 6yrs ago or more? then donated some cash when there was a push to get the sigma-galant domain name -but didn't hang around too much longer after that when i became sigma-less. I am now re-sigmafied. Hmm maybe i should change my username to 're-sigmafied'..
'Member's Rides' Link for LIL RED WGN: http://www.sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=4742
RaptorReed

Post by RaptorReed »

Googling for Sigma Galant forums to find more info to research on these cars.
Tim
94 Montero SR
79 GE Sigma Wagon
76 Galant Coupe
92 Galant VR4
88 Fiji Blue Starion
74GalantGB

Post by 74GalantGB »

Google.
=D
Was looking for Galants similar to mine... just for a perve ;-)
'74 GB.

R.I.P ALF; my darling little car. You never had a fault in/on you. ~ </3

Definition: "Shim"; being a supreme being of awesomeness which is neither male nor female but walks among both worlds as it pleases.

<.* Yes, I'm an idiot. Get over it. :) *.>
Wagontrain

Post by Wagontrain »

75wagon wrote:Any new members interested in adding to this?
I was looking for any ideas on auto gearbox problems via Google, and got sucked in by the pictures of members rides.
Still havn't fixed the gearbox! Glenn
GC=Good Car
amg560

Post by amg560 »

hi! 75wagon told me about the site from car domain. THANKS SIR! nice site!
GC75
Admin

Post by GC75 »

^^ Love daves work :thumpsup:
Previous owner of a GC Coupe, a few GSRS and random Sigmas.
Converted to the Ultimate Driving Machines
gashy

Post by gashy »

used a search engine forgot witch one :wut:
kodos

Post by kodos »

It was pretty much a ghost town at the time :P
Needs GA or GB galant front cut to resurrect a GTO. Please help if you can :mrgreen:
CRACKN

Post by CRACKN »

Through an SMS from Matt (drsigma).
He'd already been telling me about it.
Cottees
Admin

Post by Cottees »

Just had a look at the old site, I was the 154th member and signed up on the 14th of April 2006. When the new site opened, I was the 35th member on the 22nd of March 2009.

Just checked old photos. It was a parts car that I bought that had a Sigma-Galant.com sticker on the back windscreen that made me check out the site.

You can just see the sticker on the back windscreen.
Mitsulangi

Post by Mitsulangi »

Hi!

I was here on the old board. And the last time I was just reading. Now I registered again.
I´m also at the facebook-page and on cardomain. (Mitsulangi is everywhere! ;-) )

Hope to finish the restauration of my old A123A Galant Sigma 2000 GLX, AT. There is to much rust! Last year I got a A123C Sapporo (Scorpion) in very bad condition. But I need it for spare. And there was a lot of usefull parts on it.

My english is not the best, but I hope you understand what I mean. I haven´t so much business contact in english. So I´m sorry for all mistakes.

This time I have 10 Mitsubishi. But I love the Galant Sigma most of them.

I hope, I can help somebody and I´m sure, somebody here can help me.
´78 Celeste 1600 ST
´79 Celeste 2000 GT
´79 Celeste 2000 GSR (2.2 + 2x double Webers)
´84 Tredia 1600 GLS (2x)
´79 Galant Sigma 2000GLX
´84 Galant Wagon 2.3 TD
´91 Galant GTI 16V Dynamic 4 (Hatchback)
´91 Galant GTI 16V ECS
´93 Galant GTI 16V Dynamic 4 (Sedan)
Lancie

Post by Lancie »

i found this forum while im searching some infos regarding 4g37..

and i found this forum sweet! very informative! :thumpsup: :thumpsup: :thumpsup:
ISKA8

Post by ISKA8 »

i was searching for some sigma parts on google and came across the site then..ive been meaning to sign up to the website for ages but didnt think that there were too much sigma enthusiasts until now..lol great site. :thumpsup:
1984 SIGMA GK GSR (was EFI TURBO 10psi 194.0kw atw ) N/A head & cam
*1991 VN SS 5spd...HI COMP HEAD & CAM
2004 MITSUBISHI EXPRESS BIG RIG MOBILE DETAILING 0414017857!
MY NEW TOY F6310
AphraMX6

Post by AphraMX6 »

I was driving back to the office today (down Tonkin Hwy at about 1600h) and was following a green galant with the site's sticker on it. Ok I dont drive one now, but my very first car was a 1974 galant sedan in electric blue - and I loved her (number plate MY 235), till some idiot ran up the back of her and totalled her.... :(

My ex teacher (who I had the biggest MEGA crush on) also used to drive a sigma...

OK now I dont drive a galant anymore, but I was so totally in awe and in love with this car...I went past my exit!!!
If you must all know..I drive something just as 'different' or well 'uncommon' - but its a *gulp* 1994 Mazda MX6.

So, please dont reject me!
I just love these cars - it takes me back to a time when my life was less complicated.

OOPPS AND I know a bit about cars and engines and stuff as I do all my own work on mine - so I am not just a silly blonde/redhead...
sssbluebird

Post by sssbluebird »

hi i found this site coz i was looking up info on sigma turbos as i had 1 years ago red and black ,i think it was #104 but not 100% sure was too long ago,still love them.
82v6sigma

Post by 82v6sigma »

hi guys i found your site wen i was lookn for a conversion kit for my sigma
MitsiMitch

Post by MitsiMitch »

I find it through google..alol :D but honestly im looking for mitsubishi forums and I browse this site http://www.boostcruising.com/forums/ind ... opic=76295 where you are in the list
daffy2102

Post by daffy2102 »

hi there my name is louis im from new zealand and have an 81 super saloon sigma 4g63 2l carb rwd ive had it for nearly a year and am slowly working on it while at tech i found this site simply by typing in sigma car club on google hahaha didnt think id actually find one though but there are a few by the look of it this was the fist one that came up
iwannaLA

Post by iwannaLA »

hi, my names chad and i found this site by searching up lancer la's on google, my dad used to have one
and still regrets getting rid of it, im trying to find one to start my project, im over commodores everyone has one
so if anyone knows of one being sold let me know :)
in search of lancer la
Sparkington
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Post by Sparkington »

I found this site through Australia magna club, as there was a thread discussing 4G54 and said that this forum had a lot of useful information. So that how I found this forum (H)
orangelancer

Post by orangelancer »

a guy at the motorshow with the peter wherret sigma told me and my dad about it. and now im looking at buying an old lancer so i thought id join up
schubelik

Post by schubelik »

I found this site surfing the internet, really by chance. . .
Accuracy, the politeness of kings!
http://www.galant-club.md
damian

Post by damian »

sheer luck with Google. Googled a few weeks back, found nothing. Googled again, found this.

looking for info for a GE Stigma myself and 2 mates are turning into a Rally / Khanacross car.

located in Radelaide, South Oz

1st event

2nd event
http://www.freewebs.com/philwillmedia/a ... =119837834

hoping to find lots if useful info here