How did you find Sigma-Galant.com?

Make yourself known to other members here! Dont be shy!
Glenzo777

Re: How did you find Sigma-Galant.com?

Post by Glenzo777 »

G'day I'm Glen I live in Ballarat and I have a couple of GK GSR's, one original which I bought in 1993 with 104000km on the clock and one with efi and a few other mods. I still have my original one on the road, although it's getting a bit rusty now and earlier repairs are now starting to show, it's done 250000km and I still really enjoy driving it. Will post some pics when I can. Great to see other mitsubishi's and builds. See you around.
galantproject

Post by galantproject »

i googled galant car club and this come up. i was stoked.. people that love and appreiciate real cars
72GalantGirl

Post by 72GalantGirl »

I was wasting my time in google world browsing for information about the new project I picked up since it was raining and I couldn't play with it (4g31 72 Galant) and stumbled upon this site!! Been a great source of information so far and hoping more because I am going need some help ;)

Its not about how much you spend.... Its about how much of the work you did yourself!!! :)
A112H

Post by A112H »

I think we will need some pics and more detailed information on your car and what you are doing to it :thumpsup:
72GalantGirl

Post by 72GalantGirl »

Pics uploaded and a little bit of info :)
Feel free to have a look !

http://www.sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.p ... 923#p59923

Its not about how much you spend.... Its about how much of the work you did yourself!!! :)
Tone

Post by Tone »

Google found it for me
1MEANG

Post by 1MEANG »

I googled, 89vr4 and ended up here!
SOUTHSIDE REPERSENT

GSUSSR

Sigma-Galant.com facebook site put me onto ya:)

Post by GSUSSR »

hay mate love tha wagon! i had a 76 sedan back in tha day!!
gota quick question
im after a ""BIG SIZED WHITE SIGMA-GALANT.COM STICKER""
for tha top of the back windscreen of my worked GSR turbo!!
if ya can give me any info on price, size and how ta get, would be great!!
heard your tha man ta see!!:)
thanks mate, chat soon!
peace
mitsuturbo

Post by mitsuturbo »

was googling stuff like mitsubishi sapporo, scorp and sigma-galant.com came up. wish i had found it years ago. :thumpsup:
A112H

Re: Sigma-Galant.com facebook site put me onto ya:)

Post by A112H »

GSUSSR wrote:hay mate love tha wagon! i had a 76 sedan back in tha day!!
gota quick question
im after a ""BIG SIZED WHITE SIGMA-GALANT.COM STICKER""
for tha top of the back windscreen of my worked GSR turbo!!
if ya can give me any info on price, size and how ta get, would be great!!
heard your tha man ta see!!:)
thanks mate, chat soon!
peace

Send a PM to Dave, 75wagon, he will fix you up with stickers.
evilhighway

Post by evilhighway »

I found sg.com when it was very small and it was back in about 1999 - 2001 ish? been a member on and off for years since then. When you used to hear heaps from C.fernence and kodos and a few others also back when EVL 076 was known as Lethal etc etc..... I have seen many changes on this site but still hasnt died completely. It was also back in the day when an efi converision was only new and looked at costing thousands for it.
nigiej

Post by nigiej »

a guy from Australia building a v8 sigma introduced me 2 the site...
hooligan1

searching for bellhousing info and came across this interest

Post by hooligan1 »

75wagon wrote:How did you find Sigma-Galant.com?
We, as a community, would like to know how to expand our site. Any information that you could provide would be an asset to the site.

Sigma-galant.com is going through a stage of accelerated growth lately, and we want to be able to make the most of this. There are future plans underway to make the site a better place for new and existing members.

That way we could tell what is working and put some concentrated efforts towards further advertisements??

Feel free to leave any feedback below.

As suggested by: Danturbolancer, and a top idea, so I acted on it :thumpsup:
edit: I deleted the poll because it didn't work.
robsimmons

Post by robsimmons »

Rob here currently living in the state of Kentucky, USA. I found reference to Sigma-Glant.com on ClassicColt.com. I am purchasing what in the US is a '78 Dodge Colt with a 4G32B and a 5 speed. Searching here I believe it is the LB Lancer. I also have an '81 Dodge Challenger tube fram drag car powered by a Chrysler 225 Slant 6 running on methanol.
Great info here! I'll be spending a lot of time into the wee hours of the night learning all I can!
mrelshauno

Post by mrelshauno »

Stoked to have found this site.
Found it via http://www.oldschool.co.nz
Will update you all about my project as time goes on and ask a heap of questions.
I have what we call a 1976 Galant 1850 Coupe (GC Hardtop as I have seen on here)
A112H

Post by A112H »

Welcome mrelshauno, looking forward to seeing pics and some more info on your car. 1976 sounds like it might be what were refer to as a GD. Only real difference with the hardtops is flat or lumpy tail lights, lol.
Nath76LA

Post by Nath76LA »

Jas,

It maybe a GC type 1850. My GC Hardtop is a 1976 model. It would depend on the type of grill and tail lights it has I would think.
1976 Galant Hardtop
mrelshauno

Post by mrelshauno »

Yeah, they had different grills and tail lights to what are common in Oz. I will post pics later but our tail lights are "flat"as opposed to seperated like yours commonly are. There were some like this in NZ but buggar all. I've owned 4 now and they have all been the same.
mrelshauno

Post by mrelshauno »

A112H wrote:Welcome mrelshauno, looking forward to seeing pics and some more info on your car. 1976 sounds like it might be what were refer to as a GD. Only real difference with the hardtops is flat or lumpy tail lights, lol.
Yeah mate, have read more on here, so much to absorb. GD like yours but different grill and tail lights.
What width are your wheels?
I was looking at something like the old Superlites;
http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-par ... 315181.htm
Been getting fizzed up about the project after reading on here. Saw the Turbo/Computer Guru mate today to have words.
Looking good. I will look at starting a build thread and pics in the next week or so.
garagegoo

Post by garagegoo »

Hi there!

Am so new here. Even new on the web posting.

How do I found the site? While searching for features and images of my newly bought wagon.. a Sigma maybe.

1980, manual 5, 4G32 and beige colour.. kinda.

Just to say hello and hope this will work out good :)
A112H

Post by A112H »

Welcome to the site garagegoo, Sounds like you have what we call a Sigma, would be great to see some pictures.
Follow this link to see how to add pictures to the site;
http://www.sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=21
staytuned6336

Post by staytuned6336 »

hi, im Fahad and im an aviator as profession. i recently managed to buy a galant colt A51 from a workshop. i had been after this car for years and they just kept refusing to give it to me.

brief intro, im an automobile enthusiast and i like anything that has an engine. Besides that i like restoring old vehicles and modifying new ones upto my standard requirements/likings.

i live in Pakistan which, in many ways, is far from updated when it comes to vehicles. be it auto industry or classic imports. But yes one can find good classic imports which have not been exploited. only hard part is when it comes to restoring original stuff. because not only there is the lack of awareness/requirements, but also importing stuff from abroad is a hassle. alot of sellers on ebay do not honor paki customers. i have been doing DIY projects as a hobby and when ever i can go abroad anywhere i mostly bring back car parts :D
http://www.sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=2530
:google: i googled for galant colt. and i found this fine gentleman's A51 on your website and i must say its been very useful. i will join your facebook page and post my updates there too.
Paki tourism tag line "welcome to Pakistan, have a BLAST" :P
BAD-SIG

Post by BAD-SIG »

Wow talk about a bit of nostalgia! My name is Fabio and I can't believe this site is still going after all this time! We created a monster!! And from very humble beginnings... I've always been a car-nut and my first car (which I still own) was a light blue GE Sigma SE I bought for $1200 back in December 1998. As a true petrol-head, I started looking for a car club for older Mitsubishis and to my surprise, found none. I couldn't even find a website devoted to these machines! And I was so looking forward to meeting other people with the same passion I had for these cars. I knew they were out there as ocasionaly an old Lancer, Galant, Sigma or Scorpion would show up as a feature car on the Fast Fours & Rotaries or Hot 4s magazines.

So, tired of waiting, I decided to get it started on my own. I wanted to show you guys what the very first website I created looked like, so I looked through my old backups and look what I found! The old website is still up!!! This is how it all started (before Sigma-Galant.com): http://carsetc.tripod.com/badsig.htm. According to the main page, I started the website on 18-March-1999.

So a few people found my website and asked if I could post a small feature with photos and info on their cars on my website. So I picked a new free web hosting server (can't remember which, had a few over the years and it was too long ago) and uploaded a second improved version of my website. Soon after, I started a free public Network54 forum so we could discuss the cars we love, organize meetings and cruises, etc. And guess what! The old forum is still up: http://www.network54.com/Forum/172720/. The forum was inspired by another forum that was quite popular at the time, dedicated to 4G** Mitsubishi engines: http://www.network54.com/Forum/133789/.

By then more and more people kept joining in the fun, emailing me photos and info of their Chryslers and Mitsubishis and participating in the forum. So we decided to have our first meet/cruise on 13-January-2002: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1gC849clq0. We met at the top open carpark at Southland Shopping Centre complex in Melbourne. Funily enough, no Sigma or Scorpion owners showed up besides me, all other cars and owners where from the Cordia and Starion clubs.

Second cruise/meet was in 23-February-2002: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33WRU84cLG0. Finally some old-school Chryslers and Mitsubishis :) More videos can be seen at my Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/20B4ME.

After that, the website and forum (plus meetings) kept getting bigger and bigger, way too popular for just one person to manage! It was then that I met C.fernance, Bones (Mr D) and a couple others offered to help and started the old www.sigma-galant.com forums and the rest is history!

Nowadays, I reckon I've owned well over 7 Sigmas (including a couple of parts cars) but still own my light blue GE Sigma SE, although it's getting way too rusty to save, but I still can't bring myself to send it to the tip... My current Sigma is a golden 1978 GE Sigma SE, of which I'm the second registered owner, and it still has only 98,500kms original! It's a rare example too as it has all the factory options, including really rare real leather seats, factory air-conditioning, vinyl roof, mud flaps, etc. The forums here are going great but I still felt like something was missing. A place online where fans of pre-1985 Chrysler/Mitsubishis can always find cool facts and info on these increasingly rare cars. Plus I felt I wanted to share my experiences with my Sigmas. So I created a blog: http://bad-sig.blogspot.com.au.

And what about the future? I plan to keep being a part of this great community and hope that my kids will follow in my footsteps (which they are already doing, they love the Sigma and can spot one on the road a mile away!!). I'll keep working on my blog too and once my golden GE Sigma is properly registered and legal, I plan on bringing back the regular monthly cruises we used to have in Melbourne!

Wow, took me a couple of hours to research and write all that! Hope it's been as interesting to you as it has to me. Maybe we should create a sigma-galant.com history thread where everyone can contribute to tell the story of this community? Maybe even a wikipedia page?
Please click below to visit my blog dedicated to my GE Sigma SE:
http://www.galant-sigma.com

Please click below to visit my cardomain website dedicated to my GE Sigma SE:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/293989

A112H

Post by A112H »

Cheers for that Fabio, great reat and some very interesting links :thumpsup:
A112H

Post by A112H »

A112H wrote:According to the old site I joined on the 18th of May 2007, I really would have thought it was 2005 or 06? Anyway, searching for parts or info on my coupe I googled Galant and found the old site, been hanging around ever since.
5700 Posts later and I am still here, 1100 posts ahead of the pack. I am the post leader :P
I think most of them are about me, my car or in the "Last one to post" thread :lol:
Maybe 1500 of them might be of use to others ;)
2I6es

Post by 2I6es »

Went to YouTube to look for video of GC /GD galants and somehow via a side-link to google for car clubs then to here.

Cheers Vincenzo (Vinny)
bumpy

Post by bumpy »

I was googling a rotary conversion, and it came up with a link to the site. I had a GH Sigma as my first car, and it was a beast, 1.6L Saturn Motor, 4 speed manual, blue interior, and 100% stock. I loved it, loved the shape, and had big plans for it, but me being stupid, blew the old Saturn, and ended up dropping a 2L Astron motor, and it was never the same again. Anyway, life goes on, and i have always had a soft spot for a Sigma, and now looking at getting another GH and convert it to a 13BT, as a road going drag car... well the plan anyway.
mitsushed

Post by mitsushed »

I was googling to find a decent forum for pajero owners in new south wales, and when i found nothing i googled for a 2.6 forum. I found this site and I've been reading threads since.
Narcotics

Post by Narcotics »

I googled SIGMA and it came up with medication, so I googled SIGMA FORUM & this was on top ;-) :google:
The most expensive car I've ever bought was a 1984 Mitsubishi... in 2014.
Giert

Post by Giert »

Searching for more information on my new car, and one of the first hits on Google was a forum post in here