New guy from SA with blue galant

Make yourself known to other members here! Dont be shy!
kirkstanton

New guy from SA with blue galant

Post by kirkstanton »

hey guys,

im from south aussie, my galant only had 1 owner before me, unfortunately she passed away, and the galant got given to her family, this is where i came in, i bought it off them for 3 and a half grand, and its only done 84000k's!! i recently installed a new sound system, (took the original board in the back out. and cut my own piece of board out, and now my speakers reside there :). ) and i put the cd player underneath the dash on the passenger side (i made a rig, and put it in there, again i didnt want to ruin anything that was original in the car, as i feel that a car in the condition that mine is in at the moment, may, may not, be worth alot one day.) a couple weeks ago i got a new exhaust system installed from extractors to the tip and it sounds amazing.

im still a new galant owner, as you have probably gathered, and i look foreword to meeting fellow galant owners in south aussie.

check out my galant

here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3815374

i should be updating it soon, with some pics of the interior
GC75
Admin

Re: New guy from SA with blue galant

Post by GC75 »

welcome mate, nice car very clean :thumpsup:
Previous owner of a GC Coupe, a few GSRS and random Sigmas.
Converted to the Ultimate Driving Machines
tandanus

Post by tandanus »

Welcome!
That's sweet :)
T.
The highest reward for a man's toil is not what he gets for it but who he becomes by it.
John Ruskin
kirkstanton

Post by kirkstanton »

thanks guys,

i want to get some new pics up soon, but my camera battery died the other day when i took these pics :banh:

need to give it a charge! :D
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

Yeah welcome to the site....

More Galants awesome...
You are right about not destroying your cars originality by cutting it up to put a stereo in it.
Have a look what I did http://www.sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=2742. My car never originally came with a console, I added one and put the stereo into it. I also have an original console, to replace it if I need to. And in the back for speakers I used old house speaker boxes and put my 6x9's in them.

Hope you get to make it to the SA cruise :thumpsup:
Dave
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
tandanus

Post by tandanus »

There was a chap on the old site (Jethro, cant remember his nic) who put his sub in a wicker picnic basket bolted to the floor in the back of his GC wagon. Stealth sub! (H)
T.
The highest reward for a man's toil is not what he gets for it but who he becomes by it.
John Ruskin
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

That was exactly what I was telling Dean (77galantv6) not 2 weeks ago that I was going to do.
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
DanTurboLancer

Post by DanTurboLancer »

Worth every cent man, that is immaculate!
kirkstanton

Post by kirkstanton »

thanks guys,
the next thing im wanting to do is get some new rims and tyres, and maybe try boost the power of the 4g32 if its possible, do you guys have any suggestions?
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

If you want to keep the original thing going, you might be able to source so original fitment twin carbs like mine. If not krohny has these for sale... http://www.sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=3248, but you would need to do other mods as well to make full use of them... note: not very original, but would sound awesome... :thumpsup:

tandanus

Post by tandanus »

75wagon wrote:That was exactly what I was telling Dean (77galantv6) not 2 weeks ago that I was going to do.
Plus ce change...... :)
IMHO, the best Galant stealth performance mods are:
Ballance the 4G32 and find someone that knows how to do headwork
Extra half leafs in the rear
LSD
Pretty much undetectable to all but the cognoscenti :)
If you dont mind changing the 13" steelies, GH struts and brakes too.
T.
John Ruskin