Finding Inspiration

Make yourself known to other members here! Dont be shy!
galantgrunt

Finding Inspiration

Post by galantgrunt »

Hi,
I have not been here for a while and I see the site has changed again. Looks great by the way and you all should be proud of the valuable recourse you have created. I know a lot of you understand the value of this site to get information and buy parts or sell parts. However, I would like to tell you about my experience with possibly the most powerful function this site has to offer in its ability to Inspire me, and im sure others, to persist with these old school mitsi's.

Well some of you may remember i posted some photos around this time last year, of what id been up to and then dissapeared. Well i built a fairly hot turbo setup, to4e, injection, wisecos, all the goodies only to have it destroy itself within the first couple of hours. Well needless to say I was a little bit dissheartened and was very close to walking away. And if I had not spent so much time and money on the rest of the build I probably would.

But sometime a few months ago I got back on the site and after seeing the work some of you had been up to and needing to make a decision about what I was going to do I decided to give it another go. I finally worked out that the copper head gasket was cut for an original bore and thus a small section overhung into the cylinder ever slightly and the piston caught on this section creating a hot spot and scoring the bore. Live and learn, measure everything once, twice three times from now on.

Anyway it is now back together and going, minus the turbo (for the moment) and close to getting engineered and back on the road.

So here are some photos to help inspire someone else or just so you can have a gander at another galant.

mucking around with how low i would like it to sit

75wagon
Admin

Re: Finding Inspiration

Post by 75wagon »

Wow, I'm impressed.
That looks like an epic build, and again, welcome back.
It's good to see people who take their builds seriously.
And it's obvious you have...
Nice work.
Dave
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

You're coming on the cruise aren't you?
you've gotta come... only being at Maitland.
Follow the link in my signature...
Hope to see you there...
Dave
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
tango76hardtop

Post by tango76hardtop »

very nice ride, and i seen youve done away with the distributer looks like a very serious motor. I totally agree on what you said about inspiration, before i joined this site i had just covered up my galant and let it sit there for years and even contemplated on selling it a few times but thanks to this site its got me inspired to pull my finger out and finish it.
I want to go down on you and make you really happy, then i want to come back up slowly and fuck you real good, yours sincerely Petrol prices.
TUFSIG
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Post by TUFSIG »

very nice mate indeed love the coil setup its what im doing atm :P
TUFSIG
Boost Is the Only Way
1984 GK Sigma GSR, 2.6 EFI Turbo
1992 Aus Delivered 3000GT Twin Turbo
1984 GK Sigma GSR Stocka

77galantv6

Post by 77galantv6 »

i can remember this car from the old site.
always loved the colour...
glad to see you are keeping at it.
hope to see you on the cruise, if not somewhere around the area.

cheers,
Dean
'77 Galant V6....

1977 Galant with Commodore V6 conversion.

GC75
Admin

Post by GC75 »

thats mad man love it.

welcome to the site :thumpsup:
Previous owner of a GC Coupe, a few GSRS and random Sigmas.
Converted to the Ultimate Driving Machines
galantgrunt

Post by galantgrunt »

Wow what a welcom thanks to everyone for your kind words and compliments on the old girl. I think the colour choice is one you either hate or love and it changes for me from week to week one week i love it the next i wish i had of went orrange or green or some other colour. in hindsite though, after doing a lot of the prep work myself, I have come to realise that for the work thats involved and what i want to use the car for, circuit days, hill climbs, back roads blasts like the one to wisemans ferry, white probably would of been a safe option as it allways looks neat and is very easy to repair.
Unfortunately It won't be ready for the Sydney cruise, but I think i might ride my other toy xjr1300 to wisemans ferry to say hi and have a peek at your pride and joys.
GC75
Admin

Post by GC75 »

well im changing from white, its boring aha
Previous owner of a GC Coupe, a few GSRS and random Sigmas.
Converted to the Ultimate Driving Machines
galantman1976

Post by galantman1976 »

white may be boring but it doesn't attract attention.

cheers
galantman1976