Long time reader, first time poster (from Melbourne)

Make yourself known to other members here! Dont be shy!
EzyRider

Long time reader, first time poster (from Melbourne)

Post by EzyRider »

So I've been lurking around on here for a while, searching for the new ideal toy, decided I should register and get into the forum a little more.

Anyway, little bit about me.. married for 10 years, 4 kids, owned an old GC Galant back in my "youth", and had an absolute ball with that. Used to work at a place in Braeside called Sigmawreck as one of their engine reconditioners for a while, then moved into the import side of the business with them, dragging old jap cars over here for dismantling. Got jake of that fairly quickly, so moved on to other things.. but it did put me in love with all small Mitsu cars. So the GC got the full treatment to the 4G32 that had resided in the engine bay all it's life, and went balls to the wall with everything I could do other than EFI and turbo. Held on to that for several years, until my first wife (yes, that's right.. you'd think I'd be once bitten, twice shy, but no.. here I am, wearing the golden nut cruncher on my ring finger again..) decided it had to go. So I moved on with life, went through the usual gamut of different cars, but none that were anywhere near as much fun to drive.

Glance forward several years, and here I was, back to trying to source a decent Galant again, just to relive the youthful days again. Checked eBay daily, all forums I could find, found several that were within the budget and condition, but too far away.. then whammo, someone has a GB 4 door in fairly reasonable condition on eBay, right sort of dollars ($367), right area, right everything.

So, picked it up this afternoon, got it home, and I cannot say how rapt I am now. It's silver with MG rims on it, 1600 Saturn (which won't be there for long), 4 speed, and next to bugger all rust (so far).

Now, here I am, back to the addiction I had before, with wanting everything done right now, or even yesterday, so I can go have some laughs tootling around in a fun-to-drive handy little pocket rocket!

4G54, EFI, turbo.. hell, I want the works, and I want it all. Thankfully, I still have my contacts in Imlachs in Clayton (at least, I hope I do.. it's been a while), so it should ease the pain of the wife kicking me in the jewels for spending far too much money.

Photos have been taken, and will be posted shortly of the new toy. Don't expect miracles from her, but she should be tickling the asphalt again soon, so long as I can sell the wife and kids, the dogs, my bike, the garden shed, and any sundry items that I deem are no longer needed.

Already know a few people from here due to some friends in common, plus I'm an old hand from IRC.. and I can recognise several names from there already.

Look forward to talking more, sharing more, crying more, and even laughing more with you all in the very near future~!

Regards,

Ezy.
75wagon
Admin

Re: Long time reader, first time poster (from Melbourne)

Post by 75wagon »

So that would be this one then.

Code: Select all

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160364382572&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT
Welcome to the site......
Good luck with it, looks like a good place to start. I miss my old GB (was taken out by a dump truck that pulled out in front of me on a round about). :evil:
You've found the right place.
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
EzyRider

Post by EzyRider »

Yep, that's the one alright. Clean enough as a starting project, and it gets me away from those money-hungry V8's I've been tinkering with for far too long.

Some good info on here for all and sundry, and actually some things that I wasn't aware of. Look forward to spending some time around the traps.
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

I like the suggestion in your other post of retaining the 1600.
I'm probably biased though. I really like my car with the 1600 still in it. But I don't care how fast it is either.
I think a tricked out 1600, with the brakes and handling that a galant has is a nice balance.
One of my mates has a Datsun 1600 with an sr20 with a bigger turbo and all that shit. It's stupid to drive, way to much power. It can't get traction in any gear. How is that something good to drive?
Anyway, welcome to the site. I'm sure you'll workout which way you want to go with your car. There are some people on here that really know their stuff and are willing to advise on which ever way you choose to go.
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
GC75
Admin

Post by GC75 »

hey welcome to sg.com

dont forgot to read the rules and what not, have a read on our announcement topics etc.
Previous owner of a GC Coupe, a few GSRS and random Sigmas.
Converted to the Ultimate Driving Machines
GLANT

Post by GLANT »

I saw that, if no bids it was gonna be mine. Well done ,great to see another galant saved! Might have a bottom quater section for rear for it, i have a few shells here.
1972 GA GALANT/COLT, with a VR4 4G63T 151kw atw :-)
EzyRider

Post by EzyRider »

GLANT wrote:I saw that, if no bids it was gonna be mine. Well done ,great to see another galant saved! Might have a bottom quater section for rear for it, i have a few shells here.
Might have to take you up on that. Rear left quarter is a little mangled and a bit of rust in there.. could do with a decent replacement section if you have one spare. Shoot me a pm with some details of what you want for one.

Thanks ;)