Returning to the pack

Make yourself known to other members here! Dont be shy!
Duckman

Returning to the pack

Post by Duckman »

Hey all

just thought I'd put a little something in here as I'm bored at work(got hours to kill on this contract :-)) and I've been lurking about for a few weeks now.

Well my first car was a 76? GD galant I bought in 1999 as a silly 15 year old.
Ran sweet, taught me to drive but I got rid of her to a mate when I moved interstate.
He thrashed the pants off her, went through 3 Saturn engines and finally had some wanker set her on fire whilst parked on the side of the road.

Since then I've owned a few cars and motorbikes and have just got back to Brisbane after over a year travelling abroad.
Which brings me to my present situation. My job(I'm a fridgey) usually means I'm supplied with a work vehicle but due to the perculiar nature of my current position I've gone without. So I'm new back into the country, without vehicle and slowly getting my finances in order. I decided no more silly loans for cars/bikes so I've decided to get back to my automotive roots.
I want another GC/GD Galant!
It makes perfect sense! In the next couple of years I'll probably be grain back to uni full time so something easy/cheap to fix and run is essential ad since I'm in no great hurry to have a running automobile I can spend a bit of time flashing her up(thinking a heart transplant and some minor brake/suspension work)

anywho that's a little about me and what I'm after. The only thing stopping me is lack of advertised Galants around Brisbane and actually finding the time to go and see any(working 6-7 days a week at the moment...working on highrise AC can be anti social due to the after hours work required!!) as well as sweet talkin the girlfriend into driving me about.
Hopefully I can find a good base to start workin with in the next couple of months!

-Adam
leoca

Re: Returning to the pack

Post by leoca »

Welcome to the site Adam, sounds like a great plan .!
Yep theres no many Galants around Bris ...there was a few a year or two ago but.
Keep lookin' :)
GC75
Admin

Re: Returning to the pack

Post by GC75 »

Welcome ;)
Previous owner of a GC Coupe, a few GSRS and random Sigmas.
Converted to the Ultimate Driving Machines