Newbie sigma form Malaysia

Make yourself known to other members here! Dont be shy!
Dwan

Newbie sigma form Malaysia

Post by Dwan »

hi,juz call me dwan...i'm from malaysia...juz ride my sigma since 2002...

juz change engine to rb20det from nissan skyline r32 GTS...engine old stock galant turbo too rare here...hope can get some knowledge from this forum about my sigma... :)
psshhhht

Re: Newbie sigma form Malaysia

Post by psshhhht »

welcome mate!
Dang, RB20DET in that? Talk about sleeper, if it wasn't for the pins, you'd never suspect anything until it left you for dead! SWEET!!! :D
looking to start an mechanical apprenticeship, if you know of anyone in Melbourne or Gippsland who's looking for a first year, let me know!
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

That thing must really go.
any chance of seeing photos with the bonnet open?

What sort of things do you want to know?
I'm sure someone could help you, but probably not me, I don't know all that much about sigmas.

Sigmas Look good it black. Nice car.
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
Dwan

Post by Dwan »

Thanx bro psshhhht and 75wagon...this some pic of my engine bay...

before this,use blue colour,but my friend drive my sigma and got accidnet.... :evil:

now juz restore again with black colour...

still thingking,what type of my sigma,someone can expalin me,what the different type of sigma?and,what sigma got LSD axle?
GC75
Admin

Post by GC75 »

welcome to the site...

shit ay dont let no one drive ya car!

dunno what type it is, one of the sigma bois will know.
Previous owner of a GC Coupe, a few GSRS and random Sigmas.
Converted to the Ultimate Driving Machines
psshhhht

Post by psshhhht »

i'm taking a guess at it being a GK.

Dunno about LSD - didn't think any sigmas had them (maybe Galant turbos did?)

would love to see that with a fmic but doesn't look like much room, you might be better of going with a water/air intercooler in that, would be better than that tiny factory core - just a thought :)

Cheers
looking to start an mechanical apprenticeship, if you know of anyone in Melbourne or Gippsland who's looking for a first year, let me know!
Dwan

Post by Dwan »

hehe...yup,GC75...after this,no one can drive this car anymore...don't want this happen again...will remind that...

hm,yup...looking for GTR intercooler for front mount intercooler after this...but,my country,need endorsed first coz change engine car need approve from government...my car not endorsed yet :) after can put and looking for front intercooler....

water cooler to rare here bro...looking for that item also...but too expensive here...

for rear absober,there is any suggestion,what type absober can i put?
panda

Post by panda »

Welcome Dwan to our forum.

As you can see I'm a fan of the Sigma. Your Sigma shape was manufactured & sold in Australia from 1981 to 1986. Our models were given 2 digit model numbers.
GJ 1981 - 1983
GK 1983 - 1985
GN 1985 - 1986
All had the same basic body shape, just had grill & light variations. Also was available in a wagon.
The biggest difference was that GJ & GK used the Astron I motor, whereas the GN had the Astron II.
As far as LSD's are concerned, they were never ever available with an LSD in Australia, nor does any any LSD fit a Sigma housing, but.................
in Asia, things might be different. If you find some Asian model variations, we in Australia would love to hear about it.
Cheers, panda
I'm here for a good time, not a long time !

GJ Rally Sigma, 2.6 Haltech MPI [SOLD]
Dwan

Post by Dwan »

hm,i see now...that mena waht difference of GJ,GK and GN....thats mean,my sigma is from GJ version right...

about LSD,the part to rare here...3 years try to find it,but still can't find the part...juz got axle with rear disk brake....
another research,someone got it...but not really sure coz not see it on my eye...
also hear that juz take from scorpion axle,not IRS one...and,does LSD from lancer can fit into sigma also?
panda

Post by panda »

Dwan wrote:hm,i see now...that mena waht difference of GJ,GK and GN....thats mean,my sigma is from GJ version right...

about LSD,the part to rare here...3 years try to find it,but still can't find the part...juz got axle with rear disk brake....
another research,someone got it...but not really sure coz not see it on my eye...
also hear that juz take from scorpion axle,not IRS one...and,does LSD from lancer can fit into sigma also?
Yes, it seems yours is similar to the Australian GJ model. Ours came with an optional disc brake rear end (solid axle), or standard on the GSR sports pack.
Sorry, but Scorpion axle does not fit GJ Sigma. and NO, the Lancer LSD does not fit either.
Keep on searching.
Cheers.

Dwan

Post by Dwan »

TUFSIG wrote:nice ride man
Thanx dude :D

panda wrote:
Dwan wrote:hm,i see now...that mena waht difference of GJ,GK and GN....thats mean,my sigma is from GJ version right...

Yes, it seems yours is similar to the Australian GJ model. Ours came with an optional disc brake rear end (solid axle), or standard on the GSR sports pack.
Sorry, but Scorpion axle does not fit GJ Sigma. and NO, the Lancer LSD does not fit either.
Keep on searching.
Cheers.
waa...sad about that..
hm,how much HORSEPOWER standard axle sigma can handle?coz if not mistake,ae86 axle can't handle the power above 200HP...and standard axle sigma,don't have any pick up but if long distance,we can been faster right?
panda

Post by panda »

Quite a few on this forum have Sigma's with 200RWHP on standard diffs.
But.......... you can break one with 50HP, or you can have no issues with 200HP, depends on how you abuse your diff. ;)

Dwan

Post by Dwan »

hm,you'r right bro...
in aus,what cc of engine for their sigma yaa?coz at malaysia,sigma juz have 1.6,1.8 and 2.0...but 2.0 not much in my country..here,not much knowledge i can get coz here,people like to play old car like nissan and toyota...
Cottees
Admin

Post by Cottees »

In the GH-GN Sigma, we got the 1.6L (4G32) Saturn Engine, as well as the 2.0L (4G52) and 2.6L (4G54) Astron engine.
Dwan

Post by Dwan »

waa....2.6L??in malasia,don't have this engine...sad...

em,forgot to ask...what max of rim can plug in to this sigma ya??can or not if want to put 18'' rim or need to put spacer?