New member with GH Sigma on YouTube

Make yourself known to other members here! Dont be shy!
PeterAnderson

New member with GH Sigma on YouTube

Post by PeterAnderson »

Hello All,

I recently bought a GH Sigma and decided to film and upload its makeover on YouTube. I'm a retired VACC mechanic and retrained as an electronics technician before deciding to become a secondary school teacher. I've been in this profession for the past 18 years. Although everyone keeps telling me that the work I'm doing on the Sigma is a restoration, I don't considering it to be, but I do want a nice clean car when the work is complete. I usually restore and work on old Ford V8 stuff and I also have an MGB, a 57 Plymouth Belvedere and a couple of other cars, but felt the need for a little Sigma when I saw this car offered for sale recently. GH Sigmas are very familiar to me since my mother bought a new GLX from Eastside back in 81. I remember on delivery day they left it on a slope alongside the showroom and it rolled back into another GH (SE), she wasn't used to the clutch and was laughing, Dad was cringing and I didn't know what to think. Much later, I took ownership of that car and turbocharged it and had a ball, such a great and reliable car. My brother also had a Ferrett special and I built an entire GH from parts we had for my wife when I met her... yep... I have a fondness for these cars. Anyway, if you're bored, my YouTube channel is under my name, Peter Anderson and the URL is:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-FVfP ... 6PANryzwYg

I haven't organised the Sigma videos into a playlist yet because I've been lazy, but they are all the most recent, there are about 14 of them.

Cheers and take care,

Peter Anderson
Scorpma82
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Re: New member with GH Sigma on YouTube

Post by Scorpma82 »

G'day Peter,

I've been following your channel since the the beginning of your XW restoration and always look forward to an update. I've been meaning to get in contact fact with you regarding the Sigma as I have plenty of Sigma literature (former mechanic at Dandenong Mitsubishi, former employee at PBR/Bosch and RACV). I've been keeping a hawk-eye on this particular project as it has brought back many memories with my experiences. Namely, my GJ Sigma Wagon with a GJ Scorpion nose cone (essentially, a GJ Scorpion wagon). Anyways, I'm based in Skye so if you want to borrow any of the literature during the build or need an extra pair of hands, I'm more than happy to help out with that. As with any forum, information is plentyful with a bit of searching

I look forward to your response and your next update

Kind regards
Scorpio (John)
Built with pride, Driven in anger