Hi Everbody

Make yourself known to other members here! Dont be shy!
marconi212003

Hi Everbody

Post by marconi212003 »

So my son has acquired 2x Gallants (4dr 75/76) 1 stock not bad body but a bit too smoky for rego. rust boot & bonnet shell but the skins are ok. 2 VERY rusty but fitted with certified 2.6 Astron & 5sp. looking for a CHEAP bolt in option to replace engine in car 1. Is there a Express VAN that might be a good donor for a 1.6 or 1.8 that will go straight in with NO fuss??
We are in NSW Oz Close to Canberra.
Scorpma82
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Re: Hi Everbody

Post by Scorpma82 »

Very interchangeable but gotta research which parts u need as there are wide and narrow options available for the engines and transmissions.....plenty of pages on here with the relevant info
Built with pride, Driven in anger
JimmyG

Post by JimmyG »

Might be worth starting a build thread so well can follow your progress and help out if you get stuck. Old cars have a habit of making you scratch your head from time to time. ;)

Welcome. :)
Cars: 95 Wrx, 77 Galant, 73 Galant.
marconi212003

Post by marconi212003 »

Thanks for the response guys.
We will get some pics up in the "gallant garage" section.
I have been doing a bit of googleing & there seems to be quite a bit of info on gearbox & engine options (wide & narrow block etc)
I have my eye on an express van that is growing grass around the corner from us that I spotted yesterday. I'll have to check if it can be used.