Im new

Make yourself known to other members here! Dont be shy!
Sigman

Im new

Post by Sigman »

Hi there. I have just purchased a 1985 GK Sigma that I plan to do some mods to. I would like to put disc brakes on the rear and sometime down the track build a turbo engine or do a conversion. I hope this forum can help me along the way.
Cheers, Adam.
http://imageshack.com/a/img924/480/xfLsx2.jpg
Scorpma82
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Re: Im new

Post by Scorpma82 »

Welcome to the forum

Looks like Uve got a great starting point with the gk

As far as rear disc brakes are concerned.... Any SE or Super Saloon from gj onwards will bolt straight up (sedan only) however, the diff won't hold the power of a turbo motor.

To solve that, ull need either a scorpion rear end with a starion centre, or a shortened BW.
(R31 skylines are a popular starting point as they are already the same stud pattern as the sigma's, but basically, any falcon or commodore diff will sustain the power and abuse ur looking at
Built with pride, Driven in anger
Sigmaproject

Post by Sigmaproject »

I put discs on the rear of my GN wagon using the existing housing and sourcing the discs from a GK.
From what I remember the outer axle bearings are different between the disc and drum setup. So are the handbrake cables , backing plates return springs and hydraulic brake lines.
I kept my drum/drum master cylinder and it works just fine. Excellent brakes.
Sigman

Post by Sigman »

Cool, Thanks guys.
Scorpma82
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Post by Scorpma82 »

I kept my drum/drum master cylinder and it works just fine. Excellent brakes.[/quote]

Don't you mean Disc/drum?????
Or did your car have four wheel drums???
Built with pride, Driven in anger