New Here But !5yr Vet Owning a Conquest TSI

Make yourself known to other members here! Dont be shy!
notstock88

New Here But !5yr Vet Owning a Conquest TSI

Post by notstock88 »

WHen I was 17yr old I was detailing cars at a chrysler dealership when an older lady traded in her 1988 chrysler conquest tsi (Mitsubishi Starion ESI-R). It had a mere 36,xxxMI on it. I scooped it up quickly not even knowing how to change the oil or even what a turbo was. Next thing you know I am a fanatical about these cars.

15years later i still own the car, it looks kinda rough on the outside but she runs awesome with the all factory bottom end - I did a full MPI conversion and run a megasquirt ecu. I still run the stock factory pistons that somehow have not blow up on me after 142,xxxMI now. On the dyno I put down 380HP to the wheels and 421ft/lb torque.

The turbo is a custom comp turbo that has a 60mm compressor wheel and a 62mm turbine wheel. Its a true T4 with a tubular manifold and 3" exhaust.

Here is my build thread;
http://www.sqperformance.com/forum/index.php?topic=74.0

brichman

Re: New Here But !5yr Vet Owning a Conquest TSI

Post by brichman »

My life goal is to own one of these cars, they're ridiculously rare here in Aus... She's a beauty :)
notstock88

Re: New Here But !5yr Vet Owning a Conquest TSI

Post by notstock88 »

thank you. I tried to keep it up as best I could but being I was 17yr old and had to daily drive the car for nearly 10yr in the rain/snow the body shows its age.

Now I am in the middle of piecing together a forged bottom end, a new head (looking for a m9 head) and putting more power down next year.