Introduction of me and my GB Galant

Make yourself known to other members here! Dont be shy!
Gary

Introduction of me and my GB Galant

Post by Gary »

Hi everyone, my Name is Gary and used to live in Adelaide, now I live in Perth, and purchased the Galant from my lady's aunt, she bought it new in 1972, and drove it until around 1990 when she placed it in her shed, I came across to Perth in 1990 and discovered the car some years later, kept an interest in it and finally asked her. The Aunt wanted too much for it , although it appeared good on the outside and unknown to her it needed repair. She finally let the car go for my asking price. I found out the Galant was in need of some brake and blocked cooling system repairs found at the hose entrances to the motor. Apart from that it was a good condition car to have. I need a few parts eg. a factory radio, and a sun visor, a fender mirror. Currently the Galant, which has been registered since new in 1972, remains a daily drive, as we are using as our second car. I think soon though I will cease full rego and put it on club plates but we must buy a newer car first. The colour is light blue in one colour only, very little rust, and comes up fine after a polish. Sigma-Galant members I know are, Jason from South Australia.

My Father was a Chrysler employee, in Adelaide, back in the 1950's right up to his retirement. Dad was a fitter and turner, then on to tool-maker, specializing in factory machinery breakdown repairs. He got me a job there once, on the line. I remember working on the line when Sigma's first came out. My dad bought a few valiants, Holdens, but mainly valiants. He used to tell as kids about new models and he did say how special they were and how nice they were made, and pointe out some special features like the tail lights for the Charger. He's still alive at 94. Thanks for reading this far, bye.