Greetings From A Longtime Fan

Make yourself known to other members here! Dont be shy!
astronomical

Greetings From A Longtime Fan

Post by astronomical »

G'day everyone,

Just thought i'd swing by and say hi. My name is Matt, i'm 24 and i reside in Bunbury, Western Australia. Ever since i can remember i've always had a wiered obsession with Sigmas haha, so now i'm going to bite the bullet and start searching for a nice example of my favourite models the GH and GK. I currently own a 1996 EL Ford Fairmont Ghia which i have just completed an engine conversion consisting of a 4.0L DOHC from a BA Falcon, i'm now adding to this with BA XR6 Turbo bits and pieces for a bit fun =) . On top of this, i'd like to have a crack at getting an older car back to it's original form and what better car to do this to than a Sigma!

Well, that's enough from me. Hope to speak to you all in the forum!

Cheers - Matt
psshhhht

Re: Greetings From A Longtime Fan

Post by psshhhht »

welcome mate, and good to see another GH fan here... good luck with your ventures, this is the place to be for stacks of sigma info :)
looking to start an mechanical apprenticeship, if you know of anyone in Melbourne or Gippsland who's looking for a first year, let me know!
Petersen

Post by Petersen »

Welcome to the site. Go the GH they look the best, just watch for rust.
- Petersen

1981 GH Sigma SE, 2L Auto, Moon Dust (Gold)
astronomical

Post by astronomical »

Thank's for the warm welcome guys, much appreciated.

Thank's psshhhht, i was hoping i'd find a Sigma forum with all the good stuff. I found a few Mitsubishi forums, but they didn't concentrate on the Sigma/Scorpion/Galant models like this forum does =)

Petersen, i do like the classic look of the GH, but there's something about the more 'modern' look of the GK that really appeals, this is going to be a difficult decision to have to make. I just hope i can find either model with as little rust as possible, i don't think i'll have much luck finding a rust-less car, but the less damage the better.]

TUFFSIG, i had found a nice looking GK GSR on ebay, it had a Microtech ECM and a decent looking respray, but it was a pity that it was in QLD, just a bit too far away haha.