1971 Colt Galant - USA (Colorado)

Make yourself known to other members here! Dont be shy!
SuperSloth

1971 Colt Galant - USA (Colorado)

Post by SuperSloth »

Hey, just found this site when i was looking for the 70'sColtGalant forums. There were only like two people on there who seemed to post, so im glad i was forced to find a new forum when that disappeared!

I traded my '66 Toyota Stout for a Colt Galant, and here it is. I do find it a bit ironic that both the stout and the colt are extremely rare in the US, and for both vehicles i have had to turn to Australia for parts!

Well the stout was not in amazing shape, so the colt i traded it for wasn't either. The engine had a blown head gasket, and when i took it apart to rebuild it, it was packed full of what looked like dirt. It must have been rust, tons of it. Sadly, after having the engine bored out and buying everything i needed, i used a friends broken torque wrench and broke two connecting rod bolts. Because of the lack of parts here in the US, after searching for about 6 months i am sort of giving up on the engine... all because i can't find a couple lousy connecting rod bolts.

So now i got my hands on a 4d55t engine. Seems to bolt right up to the colt engine mounts, although i haven't checked if the transmission bolts right up yet. Now i get to sort of start over though. This one is not complete either, and i have to buy some bits and reassemble it. This is really turning out to be an ordeal. I just want to drive it again!!

Anyway. This is getting a bit long for an into, but thanks for reading. Hopefully i will have a running vehicle to show for myself... at some point haha.

75wagon
Admin

Re: 1971 Colt Galant - USA (Colorado)

Post by 75wagon »

I didn't realise that 70'sColtGalant wasn't around anymore?

This forum has been around for quite a while now and isn't going anywhere anytime soon.
Welcome aboard :thumpsup:

Not a bad looking car you have there, shame about the damage, how did the damage happen to it?

Dave...
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
Scorpma82
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Post by Scorpma82 »

Well that was a very short lived forum......clearly the admin team there didn't know what they were doing and took on an over ambitious task...

Tops looking car mate.....that damage looks quite tricky to rectify, what size motor is the 4d55t????
Built with pride, Driven in anger
SuperSloth

Post by SuperSloth »

I bought the car with the damage. Now, I wouldn't intentionally do it to the car, but I kind of like it. Especially if I can get a decent little power plant in it, I think it will be pretty humorous in a sort of banged up body.

The engine is a 2.3 litre turbo diesel. Not astounding power, but more than stock for sure. Should be fun!
RaptorReed

Post by RaptorReed »

This forum has a lot of resources as well as ClassicColt. I haven't ventured onto 70sColtgalants in a while. You'll find most of the US/Canada based owners on ClassicColt, although a few of us are on here as well and JNC.
Tim
94 Montero SR
79 GE Sigma Wagon
76 Galant Coupe
92 Galant VR4
88 Fiji Blue Starion
WaterChestnuts

Post by WaterChestnuts »

I know what you mean about the damage. I have a dented up voyager, its funnier smoking people when its dented up.
'80 4g33 and a few 80's Chrysler turbos.