Adelaide Sigma newbie

Make yourself known to other members here! Dont be shy!
SSIKness666

Adelaide Sigma newbie

Post by SSIKness666 »

Well after browsing this forum on and off since my registration, and just tonight finishing perusing through the Random Sigma Photos and For Sale threads on here I figured I'd make an introduction. First and foremost, I don't own a Sigma - yet! I wouldn't say I am in the market for one right now, but I am always ready for the opportunity if the right one presents itself.

I am 28yrs old and from Adelaide. My name is Varsam (pronounced Varsharm - I had to say that cuz it sounds so much better than how it's spelt). I would be interested in local meets with forum members to talk Sigmas and to learn more. When I am ready to buy a Sigma, my prerequisites are that it be 5sp manual to save me the drama converting, as I currently drive an auto as my daily. I am quite fond of the GE and GH models though beggars can't be choosers, likewise that I would be happy with sedan or wagon, though my preference would be sedan ;) I want one that doesn't require much/if at all, mechanical attention in order to get it running.

I already have a fair idea of where I would like to see myself and my Future Sigma:
fender mounted side mirrors
upgraded intake eg. twin Webers, race carbs, tuned. I don't want EFI, I would to be proud to drive and rep an old carby engine car :)
stage 2 cams
headers + exhaust
wheels
LSD?
coilovers? or at least super low springs
venetians
duck lip spoiler, if sedan
GT front bar or whatever you want to call them
tint
and enjoy :D
basically it would be a combination of old school, new, JDM, Aussie

If you wish to point me in any direction which would bring me closer to owning my first Sigma and subsequently getting a build thread going for all you fanatics, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks for reading my introduction!
84GKSIG
Admin

Re: Adelaide Sigma newbie

Post by 84GKSIG »

hi mate welcome to the forum, im always keeping my eye out for sigmas have a look on gumtree most seem to pop up there, whats your budget on the car its self, in my experience its pretty hard to find one in decent condition under 1000 bucks unless you know some one or the car has body damage, ive been seeing quite a few autos popping up lately actually.

budget?
2.0 or 2.6?
SSIKness666

Post by SSIKness666 »

I'm looking to spend as little as possible haha! Maybe $1400?

Yeah I have daily notifications on Gumtree set for Mitsubishi Sigma and Chrysler Sigma in both Australia and Adelaide Regions, plus notifications from Trovit Cars.

2.6 would be ideal. Don't think I could settle on a 2.0 manual or 2.6 auto.. =/
Narcotics

Post by Narcotics »

$480 negotiable
http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/tanunda/ ... 1064062103

Most sigma that have survived in SA seem to be automatics but usally they are looked after & didn't have teenagers
thrashing them back in the 90's
The most expensive car I've ever bought was a 1984 Mitsubishi... in 2014.