We're new here...1980 Chrysler Scorpion (Bright Blue)

Make yourself known to other members here! Dont be shy!
Velociraptor

We're new here...1980 Chrysler Scorpion (Bright Blue)

Post by Velociraptor »

Hi everyone, I've just joined this forum after checking it out since buying my Scorpion at the start of the year. My car is in really good original condition and has Vic club registration. It was the story you hear so often: the car belonged to an elderly lady who (probably) had it since new, drove it once a week right up until she couldn't drive any more; it got sold, went into storage, got sold again, and went into storage again, then was sold to me. It needed barely more than a service and a small rust spot cut out of the front fender to put it on the road; it's my first club car, and a great place to start enjoying "the classics".

My parents had Mitsubishis in the '80s, and I hung around the local dealership a bit as a kid, dreaming about what car I wanted to own: first, I wanted a Sigma; then a Cordia; then a SWB Pajero. My first car (20 years ago and long gone now) was a GH Sigma wagon, and my partner and I have a 1983 SWB Pajero, too! Oh, and a couple of Magnas. This Mitsubishi craze was all completely unplanned, but in hindsight seems preordained!!

We go on club runs with our local car club, and while it doesn't get the slavering praise of a [insert iconic Aussie musclehead car name here, like my partner's XU-1 Torana], it does get a lot of interest, and I often hear "remember so-and-so used to have one of these, you don't see them much any more!"