Hi new member from Newcastle

Make yourself known to other members here! Dont be shy!
TommyMoon

Hi new member from Newcastle

Post by TommyMoon »

Hi guys,

Just bought an 86 Sigma GL 2.6L manual for a project.
Big fan of the sigmas, my first car was a 2L auto, and I've had two of them before.
Just bought this one because I couldn't help myself.
Interior is amazing with only 140,000k on the clock, and the exterior is rust free with good paint :) (though cream coloured bleugh!).
I have immediate plans to get her performing better NA.
Maybe turbo a few years down the track, but for the time being I'm thinking webers and extractors, maybe a head skim.

Now to start the process of going through all the threads... Wish me luck!
Sigmaproject

Re: Hi new member from Newcastle

Post by Sigmaproject »

Welcome..another GN will be a welcome addition. Even though I may be a little biased.
Jordan1249

Post by Jordan1249 »

welcome mate if you have a running car you should come to the meet in few weeks in brooklyn
TommyMoon

Post by TommyMoon »

When's the meet? I'm keen as mustard.
Yeh car runs fine so i'll have no troubles coming down.

cheers

Pics of the old girl coming soon.
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

Welcome to the forum TommyMoon.
TommyMoon wrote:Pics of the old girl coming soon.
That's what I'm waiting for :thumpsup:

The Newcastle end are pretty tight, we're all good mates up here (those that meet up anyway).
It's getting closer to another go kart day or something (maybe Sigmaproject should come along, I still haven't met him?)

Dave...
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
TommyMoon

Post by TommyMoon »

That's awesome to hear that there's a strong local contingent!
I'll be keen for any activities you guys are doing, keep me in the loop for sure. (love the gokarts. Thornton or Broady? I work round the corner from Thornton karts)

Hopefully I'll be able to enlist some help from you guys RE good exhausts and re-carbing.

ATM its even slower than I remember from my teens haha, so more power is first on the cards.
Suspension wise though I'm blown away. I remember horrid body roll and bad damping from my 82, but this one feels like its on rails.

Can anyone help with how to post pics? Do you put them in your profile or something?
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

You on Facebook?
if so click on the pics you want (that are loaded on there of course) and copy the url to the pic.
Highlight the link then use the url tags at the top of the post.

make sure you use the preview option before you submit, so you can view what you are putting up before you submit,

Dave...
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
TommyMoon

Post by TommyMoon »

Below are some pics of my '82 sigma from when I was in my teens, and my recent GN Sigma purchase below that.
Please forgive the 'TURBO' livery... that was the day it went on the truck to the wreckers after blowing up the motor and I felt a bit of graffiti for the memento photos was in order.

75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

Pic links fixed.