Old Dog - Wanting to learn New Tricks

Make yourself known to other members here! Dont be shy!
SimplyKen

Old Dog - Wanting to learn New Tricks

Post by SimplyKen »

Actually, I'm looking for a Magna (MPI) intake configuration to install on a Starion - Conquest... Would depend on price and the cost of jet fuel to determine if I can afford to buy more than a couple, but probably best to start with one and see how the process works... I've only seen the set-up in photos... so, not much knowledge here... I do have an M6 head though, bare as a bone - used by a little ole' lady from Victoria, that only drove it on the weekends at the local race track.

Any help will be greatly appreciated... I also have many many many... did I say many... Starion - Conquest parts... but then some of you do also... But on the one hand, my shipping costs are much higher than yours... so there.

I would be glad to help find parts in the USA - I have a computer and can type 3 letters a minute... I said I was old... I really am and most likely older than you think, even if I lied and can really type 3.5 letters a minute.

Simply, Ken
geezer101

Re: Old Dog - Wanting to learn New Tricks

Post by geezer101 »

Hi SimplyKen, welcome to S-G. To cut your costs you'll need to get a fwd manifold and wiring loom sent over from here in Oz and get a local guy (or maybe yourself if alloy welding is covered in your vocational skills) to swap the throttle body over to the front of the manifold. It is a pretty straightforward process. No doubt you've already been hunting through the site to get info on how this really common injection install is performed. Post up a wanted ad in our Exchange topics section listing what you're after (make sure you follow the instructions and supply all the information) and see if you can get some bites. Good luck! :thumpsup:
Sigmaproject

Re: Old Dog - Wanting to learn New Tricks

Post by Sigmaproject »

This is the TP Magna manifold that is the general choice for people doing the conversion locally. This one has been converted for RWD, and fitted with a 65mm throttle body . Another option is a custom fabricated inlet. There are a few examples on this site.