Hi, some guy with a 1979 Colt Sigma signing in :)

Make yourself known to other members here! Dont be shy!
Giert

Hi, some guy with a 1979 Colt Sigma signing in :)

Post by Giert »

Hi everyone!

Some young norwegian fella here, just bought my first car. Been looking for "the right car" for a long time when I stumbled upon a nice 1979 Colt Sigma for sale. However, it has had a few "unfortunate" modifications done to it by previous owners, but I have big plans to make it shine again. And with the help of this community this might even become a reality. :)

geezer101

Re: Hi, some guy with a 1979 Colt Sigma signing in :)

Post by geezer101 »

Hi Giert, welcome to S-G. Your Sigma is in amazing condition - even more so for the climate it has been in! It looks like it won't take much effort at all to get it back to 100%. What are your future plans with it - modify or preserve? And what's the story behind the car? The early Mitsubishis seem to be treated fairly rough in Europe and the fact that it's not only running but in physically good condition is surprising (many end up being scrapped due to rust). Glad to see you've taken mercy on the Sigma and have been brave enough to buy something different :thumpsup:
BlueThunder

Post by BlueThunder »

Hi Giert!

Great to meet another member from Europe! Your Galant Sigma looks really great! Pitty about the modified electrics but that i'm sure you can get sorted out. If you want I'll have a look in my collection of books and see if I can find you a wiring schematic...

Geezer: Yes, we have a very humid climate and in some countries they use salt in the winter to get the frost/snow from the streets. So they rust pretty fast and get scrapped as you said :(

Cheerz!
Sven
Giert

Post by Giert »

Thanks for such fast replies! :D

I've opened a thread over at the "build" section, where I go into a bit more details on what needs to get fixed. http://www.sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=12236. Mostly electrickal issues, so a wiring schematic would be great, BlueThunder!

As for my future plans, my first concern is to sort out the electrical issues, and perserve the car as much as I can. Then over time I might decide to do some minor modifications. I've already decided to repaint it. It doesn't show in the pictures, but the paint is pretty bad; lots of small scratches, patches of rust on the hood, etc. Haven't decided on a color yet, tho.

Don't know much about it's story. Previous owner had it for about half a year as a side project,but then his other car "ate" one of it's sylinders... The Sigma does show signs of rough usage, but this far north they luckily use mostly gravel instead of salt