i think i'm a newbie!!

Make yourself known to other members here! Dont be shy!
kezrob23

i think i'm a newbie!!

Post by kezrob23 »

i thought i had already registered, but i guess not!!...

i am the proud owner of an '81 sigma. i've owned it since 98, and it has been pretending to be a garden gnome for the last 8 or so years. poor thing!!

it's in really rough condition, full of rust, running on 3 cylinders and boat fuel... but still running!! i swear nothing will ever kill this car!!

but it's time for it to move on, so i've come to this forum to get some info on it's wheels... my partner thinks they are scorpion wheels, but we are unsure...

if anyone can point me towards the correct forum for info that would be great!!
geezer101

Re: i think i'm a newbie!!

Post by geezer101 »

Hi kezrob23, welcome to Sigma-Galant. If you're looking to identify your wheels check the Scorpion section of the site http://www.sigma-galant.com/viewforum.php?f=26 and have a look through there. I get the feeling you're going to let your Sigma yard ornament go off into it's final journey - is this the end of your Mitsubishi/Chrysler affair or are you looking for something new and shiny to fill the void? Or are you gonna roll up the sleeves and resurrect it?
ddt

Post by ddt »

Hi Kezrob23,
Welcome to the site -I got my first sigma in 98 and got about 7 years of service out of it also. It was reliable till the end -it was even driven to the wreckers. Sometimes a car can get to a point where it has literally no good parts on it and yet still runs.
Are your rims any of the below?
'Member's Rides' Link for LIL RED WGN: http://www.sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=4742
Narcotics

Post by Narcotics »

are you selling the whole car?
what state?
The most expensive car I've ever bought was a 1984 Mitsubishi... in 2014.
kezrob23

Post by kezrob23 »

DDT - yes! They are the wheels on the left! We have 5 of them, any info on value would be greatly appreciated!! Are they sought after?

geezer101 - this is the end of my Mitsubishi era. I currently have a corolla I purchased in '01, my partner used the sigma after that till about '06, but it is now definitely time for it to go. I am a bit shattered, it was my first car!!

narcotics - yes, hopefully!! I'm in Melton, Vic :)

thanks everyone!!
A112H

Post by A112H »

Hi Kezrob,
Sadly not many people like the early wheels and they aren't rare so this reflects in their value.
I personally am a fan of them and even I wouldn't pay more than $50 per wheel.
kezrob23

Post by kezrob23 »

A112H wrote:Hi Kezrob,
Sadly not many people like the early wheels and they aren't rare so this reflects in their value.
I personally am a fan of them and even I wouldn't pay more than $50 per wheel.
thank you so much!!