UK Colt owner!

Make yourself known to other members here! Dont be shy!
Lex

UK Colt owner!

Post by Lex »

Hi all. Not sure if my car fits into the usual on this forum but basically I cannot find hardly any information on this car and it's starting to do my head in so I've gone in search for classic Mitsubishi forums and landed here.
I'm hoping perhaps some here will know something about these cars that could hopefully help me out!

Here's a couple of photos to get it rolling, thanks! :)

Narcotics

Re: UK Colt owner!

Post by Narcotics »

welcome :P
Do you have any photos of the engine?

generally most members have these older rear wheel drive cars but all are welcome here :)
The most expensive car I've ever bought was a 1984 Mitsubishi... in 2014.
Lex

Post by Lex »

I wish we had these in plentiful supply here. I don't think I've even seen one in this country!

It has a 4G15 engine. Basically what I've been trying to find out is what other Mitsubishis shared parts with this one. It's a nightmare to get parts and sometimes just knowing a higher spec car can share parts with it would mean I can do more with it. Suspension, brakes etc.
geezer101

Post by geezer101 »

Hi Lex, welcome to the Sigma-Galant family. Were these marketted as the "Mirage" in Japan? You got a rarity there Lex (as far as the site is concerned you are the only member that owns one of these gems (H) ) The engine appears to be the same as the ones used in base spec Lancers. Which way does the engine face - engine to the left or right of the engine bay? Do not despair! Mitsubishi is sorta kind to it's fans and with a bit of investigation you'll be amazed at what level of parts compatibility and range of engines are available for transplants. Have you looked at Hyundai or Kia engines? They share a lot of mechanicals with Mitsubishis. Have a stab at Youtube for info too, I've found out some interesting stuff from there. :thumpsup:
75glnt

Post by 75glnt »

Welcome mate :)

That thing looks like a cross between the 1st gen hyundai excel, with a cordia front :) it's cool! :thumpsup:
N/A ALL THE WAY
simon

Post by simon »

Hi,Lex welcome. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitsubishi_Colt
you might find this link helpful
I think there are quite a lot of options with upgrades for your colt.i think the 4g15 has the same bellhousing bolt pattern as the 4g61, 4g62, 4g63, 4g93 and you might be able to use a lot of parts out of gallant gsr[4g93t,gearbox,brakes,suspension, etc
] or something similar
simon
75glnt

Post by 75glnt »

I know a vr4 bolts directly into a first gen excel.. Using some evo parts...
N/A ALL THE WAY
Nath76LA

Post by Nath76LA »

Hi Lex,

I know these were sold in NZ and there was a 1.5L (I think) turbo motor. Friends of the family over there used to have a turbo one and it didn't go to bad.
1976 Galant Hardtop
Scorpma82
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Post by Scorpma82 »

geezer101 wrote:Hi Lex, welcome to the Sigma-Galant family. Were these marketted as the "Mirage" in Japan? You got a rarity there Lex (as far as the site is concerned you are the only member that owns one of these gems (H) ) The engine appears to be the same as the ones used in base spec Lancers. Which way does the engine face - engine to the left or right of the engine bay? Do not despair! Mitsubishi is sorta kind to it's fans and with a bit of investigation you'll be amazed at what level of parts compatibility and range of engines are available for transplants. Have you looked at Hyundai or Kia engines? They share a lot of mechanicals with Mitsubishis. Have a stab at Youtube for info too, I've found out some interesting stuff from there. :thumpsup:

'95-'02 Mitsubishi Lancer and Mirage has the 4G15 engine
Same aged Hyundai Excels have an engine derived from the 4G15
(I believe) the '02 - 06' Mitsubishi colt had an engine derived from the 4G15 also
Built with pride, Driven in anger