UK mitsi sigma wagon 96 3 litre manual gearbox

Make yourself known to other members here! Dont be shy!
sigmapetman

UK mitsi sigma wagon 96 3 litre manual gearbox

Post by sigmapetman »

Hi, new member from the UK here hoping to find out more about my
new motor . Over in the UK we call my car a sigma estate ,
I'm not sure what you call it over in Australia and New Zealand,
Over here we have a website that allows you to enter your make
and model and it looks on the DVLA vehicle register and according to
that site I have the last road registered and legal 1996 , 3 litre ,
manual gearbox , estate in the whole of the UK and would like to keep her
running sweet . I will try and post some pictures and hopefully get some helpful
advice .
Cheers
C_Fernance

Re: UK mitsi sigma wagon 96 3 litre manual gearbox

Post by C_Fernance »

That sounds like a Magna wagon to us. Could be either 2nd or 3rd generation as 1996 is when they changed.

2nd gen

3rd gen
sigmapetman

Post by sigmapetman »

Hi , sorry for the delay in getting back to you , my main computer is ancient and doesn't like to work too often and this mobile phone needs adjustment with a hammer !
Just seen your reply and I think it is definitely a 2nd generation , over here they are badged as Sigma's but my local Mitsi dealer calls it a galant .so it is tricky trying to get answers to questions when it depends who your chatting with and what country they are in !
I hope you can help me with assessment of problems and hopefully some easy fixes .
But for tonight I've gotta get some kip , 02.45a.m ,gotta be up at 07.00am
I've hopefully got this phone thing sorted with sign in now so it probably won't take so long to check back on the website now.
Cheers
Dave
BlueThunder

Post by BlueThunder »

sigmapetman wrote:Hi , sorry for the delay in getting back to you , my main computer is ancient and doesn't like to work too often and this mobile phone needs adjustment with a hammer !
Just seen your reply and I think it is definitely a 2nd generation , over here they are badged as Sigma's but my local Mitsi dealer calls it a galant .so it is tricky trying to get answers to questions when it depends who your chatting with and what country they are in !
I hope you can help me with assessment of problems and hopefully some easy fixes .
But for tonight I've gotta get some kip , 02.45a.m ,gotta be up at 07.00am
I've hopefully got this phone thing sorted with sign in now so it probably won't take so long to check back on the website now.
Cheers
Dave
Hi Dave

In Belgium we also call them Sigma's. They came with the 6g72 engine: SOHC and DOHC ones...

Cheerz
Sven
sigmapetman

Post by sigmapetman »

Hi sven , someone a bit nearer than Australia ! ,
Do you have the saloon or wagon or estate as we call it in the UK. Are there many sigma's left over in Belgium , I have yet to see one on the road over her.
Are used parts easily available over there ? Is your car a manual or automatic ?
BlueThunder

Post by BlueThunder »

sigmapetman wrote:Hi sven , someone a bit nearer than Australia ! ,
Do you have the saloon or wagon or estate as we call it in the UK. Are there many sigma's left over in Belgium , I have yet to see one on the road over her.
Are used parts easily available over there ? Is your car a manual or automatic ?
We have both versions over here but I don't know how much there are left, not many, that's for sure. So finding used parts can be hard. I don't have one myself. I drive a Colt CZ3 diesel, a Celeste and just recently bought a 3000GT (GTO)... All manual ones