Bosozoku Fanatic Is Here!

Make yourself known to other members here! Dont be shy!
Gormzz

Bosozoku Fanatic Is Here!

Post by Gormzz »

Hey Guys,

The names Dan. I have recently acquired a 1975 GC Galant which is in the forbidden "gingerbread" colour. Picked it up dirt cheap from Brisbane recently with a engine that still runs quite well and only a slight slip in the autobox (autobox will be gone in future). Body wise its pretty straight besides a dent in the left side of the roof and only spots of rust at bottom of right hand front guard and behind the right hand rear door seal, other then that the rust is at a minimum! Paint will need some attention in the future but for the price i paid this car was a steal. Now i have got other projects/car's such as a 83' Starion & a 1977 Toyota Cressida, Can't get enough of my old Japanese cars! I'm Bosozoku styling inspired and intend to apply that to all of my vehicles. Hence why i am here.. to talk to other likeminded people (if there is any) and acquire parts such as flares, chin spoilers and so forth. Anyway hope to meet some of you Queensland enthusiasts in the near future!

Cheers,
Daniel.
Toyota Cressida 77,79'
Mitsubishi Starion Track Car 84'
Mitsubishi Starion Widebody 89'

My projects/cars.
ddt

Re: Bosozoku Fanatic Is Here!

Post by ddt »

Welcome aboard Gormzz,
What level of bosozoku are you aiming for. As I understand it, bosozoku style varies considerably. With wild, intentionally obnoxious styling at the extreme end.
show us some pics of your rides and also some of other cars that are inspiring you at the moment.
'Member's Rides' Link for LIL RED WGN: http://www.sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=4742
75glnt

Post by 75glnt »

Welcome Dan :)

I'm a Queensland member (south Brisbane - Gold Coast area).

Is that style where you see the overly huge flares and a 2m long front spoiler? I'm info the jdm style tuning myself :)
N/A ALL THE WAY
geezer101

Post by geezer101 »

Hi Gormzz, welcome to S-G. The bosozoku look 'sort' of passed through Australia in the 90's but was nowhere near as outlandish as its Japanese inspired brethren. Remember the huge rear wings and front spoilers that were bolted onto Excels and Celicas? I like some of the more subdued boso cars but you'll have no hope in hell of driving them on our roads (if the cops don't hunt you in hordes, the actual roads will tear chunks off it). We'll be interested in how you're going to put your individual stamp on it. It is weird, it is loud and its an art in its own right. Bring forth the crazy metal flake paint jobs and the stretched rubber on tiny rims 8-)
Gormzz

Post by Gormzz »

Thank you for such a warm welcome fellows!

@ddt - I understand our roads and enforcement aren't exactly ideal for this type of styling (who am i kidding, any modified car) so it will only be mild with flares, low, stretched tyres on small wheels with deep dish, front and rear lips and rear spoiler just to name the main things. I'm not into the huge bodykits you see on some of them, i don't mind the ridiculous exhaust though.. mine however won't be sticking up that high i don't think lol.

@75glnt - Oh awesome mate! Queensland Rep. Yeah main essentially it is, i just think its so unique and really makes our old japanese cars.. look tough.

@geezer101 - Oh well there you go! I'm afraid i haven't as i would've been a young chap in the 90's! Yeah my cars will be very subdued.. and just enough for my liking. Hopefully they won't get to much hassle otherwise they will just be weekend warriors. haha that is exactly it! So keen on this new galant now as the people i have shown are amazed at its size and how awesome it looks. I'm so keen on getting the GD front on this GC so i have the best from both worlds.

I will eventually make my own build thread when i properly begin.. Like i have with my cressida which is nearly painted and my starion which is about to undergo some engine modifications so its ready to hit the track and drift.
Toyota Cressida 77,79'

My projects/cars.
75glnt

Post by 75glnt »

Are you in the SE QLD area? :) putting on a cruise around Christmas/new year :)
N/A ALL THE WAY
Gormzz

Post by Gormzz »

Yeah i am mate. Bundaberg to be exact, 4hrs north of brisbane. I'm unsure if i'll have the galant on the road by then as its a "in line" project lol. I can try to get it on the road but its nowhere near perfect for my liking just yet. See what happens in closer days!

P.S. I know andrew harris and lennon childs who both have GD galants in bundaberg (which are on this website).. so as far as i know i'm the third person in this town on register to have own one.
Last edited by Gormzz on Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Toyota Cressida 77,79'

My projects/cars.
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

Got any pics of you Galant Gormzz?
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
Gormzz

Post by Gormzz »

Believe it or not but i haven't!! I will try get some asap of its current condition and what needs to be sorted.

The other option i had for the meantime to be a little less cop bait was to keep it relatively stock with a cool engine under the hood like a 13bt or 4g63t and use it as a sleeper until i decided to do the respray and such.
Toyota Cressida 77,79'

My projects/cars.
A112H

Post by A112H »

This is my favorite Bosozoku, I like that he didn't go too silly with the exhaust, or his outfit :lol:

Gormzz

Post by Gormzz »

now that is some extreme bosozoku! lol.
Toyota Cressida 77,79'

My projects/cars.
Gormzz

Post by Gormzz »

One thing i wanted to know also.. Is that i have got a bodge job from the previous owner on the rust at the bottom of the front guard. Would this link below be suffice to just cut and weld this new piece in? (I can do this myself and would prefer not to try make up my own piece).

http://www.rarespares.net.au/rarespares ... duct=RP633
Toyota Cressida 77,79'

My projects/cars.
75glnt

Post by 75glnt »

Yea as long as you get the side you need :P but line it up with the rusted section on the guard, mark where your new one sits, remove the guard. And cut :)

Good tip; measure twice, cut once :)
N/A ALL THE WAY
Gormzz

Post by Gormzz »

Yeah they sell both left and right hand bottoms for the front guards. Makes my life a bit easier consider its also bent at the bottom where the rust is... Never would've thought they'd have rust sections for the galant lol.
Toyota Cressida 77,79'

My projects/cars.
75glnt

Post by 75glnt »

Haha me either! Jase pointed me to em :)
N/A ALL THE WAY
Gormzz

Post by Gormzz »

oh well i'm glad they exist! Cause at the moment thats the only spot of rust i can find on the car *touches wood*
Toyota Cressida 77,79'

My projects/cars.
A112H

Post by A112H »

Is this what you were thinking Gormzz??

The understated Skyline, not that white Boso wannabee :P
Gormzz

Post by Gormzz »

similar to the white car.. just a bit more subtle with the flares and the front lip.. so not as big... and the wing on the back i will probably go a duckbill/boot lip idea. I don't want it to stand out to much obviously cause of the police enforcement.. but enough to satisfy my liking :P.
Toyota Cressida 77,79'

My projects/cars.
Gormzz

Post by Gormzz »

Still yet to get some pictures guys.. so lazy! I however fixed the slipping from the auto transmission.. Was simply in need of a band's adjusting! So much better to drive now. Gave it a good degrease and damn the grandma before me defintiely took some care of this little baby. The engine is so silver! Change of plans happened recently and might be seeing this galant on the road earlier then i thought.. Need a new car to drive and its the only decent one close to a roadworthy! So a few bits to touch up with rust and i'll be getting this baby registered! Will need to make a build thread on this soon i think.
Toyota Cressida 77,79'

My projects/cars.