GK GSR Owner

Make yourself known to other members here! Dont be shy!
Jkon

GK GSR Owner

Post by Jkon »

I've been a member for a few weeks now but thought I would let you know what I'm up to.

This is a long story but bear with me....

In the 80's I worked for the local Mitsubishi dealership and back then did not own a Mitsubishi.
It was not until the mid 90's that I bought a white 2/85 GK GSR. I bought this off of a young
local girl that had used it as her first car. She had looked after it well and had bought it off
of an older couple who had purchased it new from the local dealer (Hutchinson Motors).

When I saw this car I could remember it when it had been sold new and when I checked the
log books that were still with it I found my signature on the pre-delivery docket, the 1,500
and 10,000 services!!!

She was selling this car as she had dinged it and all I had to do was replace the RH headlight,
the RH indicator and the RH front fender. I registered it and used it for about nine years and
it was a brilliant car.

By then I had other cars and the Sigma was surplus to our needs so I got talked into selling
it. I did not want to as it was such a great car but I did to a local lad's father and his son was
using it to go to Uni in Bendigo. He used it for a couple of years and then it disappeared.
When I asked what had happened to it they told me that it had a head gasket leak and it was
sold as is. I thought "I bet this car will be stripped and wrecked, what a shame!!" They could
even tell me who they had sold it to. Looks like that's the end of it......

While we were in Adelaide on holidays over January this year I read the article in the Unique
Cars site about an"affordable classic car, the GK GSR Sigma". This rekindled my memories
of the little Sigma and I started to keep a look out for one.

A couple of months ago I found one on Ebay and knock me down it was my old GSR. Long story
short I won it, brought it back home and everything was still the same as I had sold it other
than some things a little worse for wear. Even the glovebox manuals, paperwork and my old
Rego papers were still in the glovebox!!

So at this stage I am in the process of doing it up and figured that being a member of the
forum will allow me to possibly track down the parts I need as I want to bring it back to its
former glory unmodified. I only want to use it on rare occasions and store it away on most
days, to have it for others to see in years to come. Its not until you look for them that you
realize that they are hard to come by in original condition.

http://s1317.photobucket.com/user/jjkontrec/library/

I have also added a link so you can see it current condition (hopefully this works) and as I get
closer to finishing it I will update.

Also great job to all involved with the site and for those who are keeping it up and running.

Well done to you all!!!

Anyway off to the wanted section shortly

John
A112H

Re: GK GSR Owner

Post by A112H »

Welcome to the site John, great story mate and very lucky to have found it in such good condition.
Looks like a little work ahead of you but for the most part it is all there ready for restoration.
Good luck and keep us up to date :thumpsup:
Glenzo777

Re: GK GSR Owner

Post by Glenzo777 »

G'day John, interesting story on your GSR I hope you still have it. I can relate to it well, check out my post in "members rides GK GSR all original" I still have mine and take it out occasionally and still enjoy driving it, too hard to find a good original one now, they're getting rare. Regards, Glen.