New Lancer Lover from WA

Make yourself known to other members here! Dont be shy!
ChetEaston

New Lancer Lover from WA

Post by ChetEaston »

Hey there! Fresh off my last project (VK Calais 308), I've decied to fix up my ex-girlfriend's LB Lancer (which is now my LB Lancer). Unmolested 4G33 with rebuilt carby. Guy who had it before me had 'done it up', which basically means removin the choke, lowering the hell out of it, tinting the windows, putting a sony explode sound system in an sticking a tin can on the exhaust. Well... the tint can stay. Would love any tips/advice/suggestions from members. Such amazing looking little cars, even in it's bogan spec state we would get looks - even in Mt Lawley. Still got the original number plates too, don't see too many X's aroun anymore. Apart from the front tie rod ends etc, she's in remarkabley good nic. Figure I'll keep everything stock - like the VK, these classic cars are great just the way they are. The rim's aren't standard, but similar era I believe.

So far I've:
-gotten a rebuilt carby
-new battery, new wiring incl indicator relays
-suspension just lower than stock

Still do do:
-full doors closed respray in factory
-get speakers hooked up to stock radio (it still works, I love it!)
-new carpet
-retrim in the bits that need it (still looks pretty good)
-rechromed trim where applicable

She'd in pieces awaiting rust removal and priming. Hope this is the right place to post photos, can put elsewhere if need be.

75wagon
Admin

Re: New Lancer Lover from WA

Post by 75wagon »

Welcome aboard.

Looks like a good project.
As for mods, it depends what you're after, bolt in stuff or stuff that needs engineering.

What were you hoping for?

Dave...
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
ddt

Post by ddt »

Another WA guy, awesome.
Welcome to the site and props for your decision to shine some love on the old girl. I agree that the old lancers are a good lookin car -with nice proportions for a small car.
I sometimes see a white lancer like yours getting around but with 13in cheviots.

Plenty of tech info here on S-G if you need it.
Also I can recommend http://japanesenostalgiccar.com/ for general inspiration but especially good for oggling at old-school wheels that may suit your tastes as the guys there like their cars with a certain kind of authenticity.
'Member's Rides' Link for LIL RED WGN: http://www.sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=4742
natosig

Post by natosig »

Nice litle lancer mate its good to see these cars still on the road theres not many here in wa good luck
84 gk sigma
siggyloverWA

Post by siggyloverWA »

Hell yea scored a wicked find considering what perths car market is like, you keeping the fart canon on the old girl?
ChetEaston

Post by ChetEaston »

Yeah, I'm gettig rid of the tin can :)