New project Lancer

Make yourself known to other members here! Dont be shy!
Chrislb

New project Lancer

Post by Chrislb »

Hey guys,

Recently bought a stock 77 Lb Lancer Hatch as a project car. I'm focussing on the body first, trying to fix up some surface rust and a bit of panel beating to be done.

Here is the car

This is the left side

The back

and the front

as you can see theres a bit of work to be done. I'd appreciate any helpful hints anyone can give me as this is my first project.

Really diggin the forum, already found out loads of info and will be doing lots of research on here!

Chris

Ps. If anyone has a spare front grille or know how to get a hold of one that would be great!
geezer101

Re: New project Lancer

Post by geezer101 »

Welcome to sigma-galant. Nice score with the LB! I'd be tempted to get a whole rear quarter off a wreck and pay a crash repairer to weld it in (that rust doesn't look good and will be hard to patch without it coming back). Rest of the shell looks good in the photos. Plenty of tips and help here!
A112H

Post by A112H »

I have a mint condition grill badge I might part with but not a whole grill sorry.
I gotta agree with geezer, that rear 1/4 will be a pig to patch, better off sourcing a good replacement panel.
Cottees
Admin

Post by Cottees »

I have a straight rear quarter panel, it just has a bit of rust around the petrol opening. If you are after some parts, yell out since I have a complete lc shell, and a stack of spares.
Chrislb

Post by Chrislb »

I was gonna try to grind away most of the rust and use rust converter, as I didn't think I'd find a hatch at a wreckers for the quarter. But I may take up your offer cottees! The only thing is you're in SA and I'm in Melbourne.. Also I don't know how to weld, but thinking of doing a welding course next year. Or I could just take it to the crash repairer like you said geezer.

Anyway thanks for your help! Might send out some PMs soon.