Make yourself known to other members here! Dont be shy!
smitta12

Post by smitta12 »

Hey all Andrew Smith here, mechanic from Horsham, Victoria, bought myself an 81 GH sigma turbo about 6 months ago, build number 243, silver/black :) Gave it a full service and some ball joints, bushes, tie-rod ends and a good clean up for the roadworthy and Drove it for a few weeks. was pretty happy with it so time for a birthday. The car is still registered and is currently a bare shell and getting a bare metal respray from the boys at work, work has a service, panel and spray shop :) rust has been romoved from behind the front screen and still need to do rear and slight rust patch in LHR guarter, all the doors and boot were rusted and had bog so found another gh for donour parts. Doors and boot are good and the boys have metal finished and primed both front doors. just like to say cheers rodge and sam for the work done so far.
The genuine turbo 2.0L engine has done 290,000kms and is a bit sad so have removed and will rebuild it. I have rebuilt a 4G54 astron 2.6L from i think a GJ a few years ago for an L300 and only yesterday put the carby turbo maniflods on and got it running on the bench. Also have a TP magna head, manifolds, ECU, dizzy, wiring loom, etc. to inject the 2.6 but will need a new turbo and will need to rebuild the genuine turbo for the 2.0L anyway. Any advice on which way to go would be awesome. looking forward to chatting to ya all and will get some pics of the car some stage this week, just need a camera and someone with some idea what they are doing lol
A112H

Re: New Member

Post by A112H »

Welcome to the site Andrew.
Sounds like you have some work ahead of you but will end up with a great result.
Are you respraying it the original colours?
As for the engine, as you have the option I think I would build a 2.6 with efi turbo for some real fun but restore the 2.0 to factory specs and store it if you should ever want to turn it back to stock.
Good luck with what ever you choose and keep us up to date.
Skidmark

Post by Skidmark »

Welcome to the site Andrew.Look fwd to your pics and build thread.
85 GN ,daily driver
86 GN ,resto project .
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

Wow, what a project.
Sounds like you have some choices ahead of you though?
I wish I could advise you on which way to go with the motor, but I have no experience on either set up so my opinion would be worth squat.
I certainly want to see pics of it though.
Here is the link to How to 'Upload' a picture or video http://www.sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=21 this should help you get the pics up a bit easier...

Dave...
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
smitta12

Post by smitta12 »

cheers boys, yeah going original colours. wasnt going to originally wanted something out there and didnt know anything about the sigma turbo, didnt know there were only 500 made so better keep her original??? cheers for the help on uploading the pics, better take some now lol get em on for ya this week boys
GC75
Admin

Post by GC75 »

Welcome and pics are a must :P
Previous owner of a GC Coupe, a few GSRS and random Sigmas.
Converted to the Ultimate Driving Machines
ISKA8

Post by ISKA8 »

welcome andrew,yeah pics would be cool..
1984 SIGMA GK GSR (was EFI TURBO 10psi 194.0kw atw ) N/A head & cam
*1991 VN SS 5spd...HI COMP HEAD & CAM
2004 MITSUBISHI EXPRESS BIG RIG MOBILE DETAILING 0414017857!
MY NEW TOY F6310
smitta12

Post by smitta12 »

hey boys finally got some photos and think the mrs and i worked out how to get the pics up, fingers crossed. will have more pics this weekend have done a little more since took the last lot. it didnt work so just check out the album. here is the link

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2 ... d42718fd7b
PROSSER

Post by PROSSER »

Cant wait to see this finished! looking good so far and sounds like your putting in alot of work into the old girl :D
Samual
strx3

Post by strx3 »

Hi Andrew

Keep it original mate. I have built number 135 red/black which is carby fed but uses a 2.6 lt block. I have an original 2lt turbo block and other turbo parts at home. I'm starting to build another complete carby fed turbo motor using the m7 magna head. Let me know if you need any parts.

Steven