New Member from the Philippines.

Make yourself known to other members here! Dont be shy!
TheMangJose

New Member from the Philippines.

Post by TheMangJose »

Hi guys! New member from the Philippines and I recently just got my hands on this 84 Galant GL which came with a 5-speed stock. Will be rebuilding it into trackable street car and hopefully you guys could help out. :) Will post progress pics as well in another topic, also help would be awesome :D

Just some info about the car:
- Picked it up 3 months ago as a non-runner. (It was really cheap and it was just beside my house and our neighbor owned it lol.)
- Paint is in really bad condition since the car was abandoned for 2 years. The clear coat is peeling off already.
- Lots of rust as well, will be doing that next.
- Shocks are dead, will be replacing with a coilover conversion.
- Rubber needs to be replaced, some water gets inside when it's raining.
- Interior is bad but I don't mind since I will be stripping it out and getting a cage for it in the future.
- Only the driver side and rear passenger windows work, the power window motors are shot. (Don't know how to fix yet)
- Right side mirror doesn't work so I can't see that side clearly.
- So far, the only thing I've done is fix up the engine so it runs smooth as well as complete electrical rewiring.
- It still drives okay except for the huge play which will hopefully be removed by getting a rack and pinion conversion.
- Well it has a nice headunit and A/C is still cold, so i've got that going for me, which is nice.

Here's a picture of it, sorry it has that hipstagram filter on it trololo.

Thanks! :D
geezer101

Re: New Member from the Philippines.

Post by geezer101 »

Welcome to Sigma-Galant TheMangJose. Other than the paint being tired your Sigma looks like it's reasonably straight. It was good to see that you had little trouble getting it up and running properly. Keep us posted with your progress and TAKE PICTURES!!?!? The good thing about the older car scene in the Philippines is the amount of parts that seem to be available. You should have it looking and driving great in no time. :thumpsup:
TheMangJose

Re: New Member from the Philippines.

Post by TheMangJose »

Thanks geezer101. Will be posting on the build board soon and will be taking more pictures haha :) Yeah there are a lot of parts for old school cars but I'm mostly using Lancer GSRs or the A174 parts lying around since there are barely any parts from Sigmas themselves. Actually I just bought a whole rear set, 4.2 open diff, axles, and rear disc brakes awhile ago from a GSR lol. :D