VGJONO's 1976 GD Galant Daily

Members Rides can be viewed here, remember when posting here to keep mechanical discussions for its appropriate forum.
VGJONO

Re: VGJONO's 1976 GD Galant Daily

Post by VGJONO »

ozdusterdave wrote:if you are going to take your car to an organised car cruise/photo day/meet up..whatever ..surely you could at least spend about 15 minutes washing your car quickly..maybe even clean the windows?! Otherwise wtf sort of car enthusiasts are we?!
Im sure everyone would be happy for you to come and wash our cars to show us your standards of cleaning :lol: but in all seriousness, is it really about having a nice looking car for Hard-parking, or a car that is tidy but fun to drive :thumpsup:
71GA wrote:I really like your car VGJONO and i hope you got your dramas sorted.

Marty,
Cheers mate, im starting to get ontop of it, have a bit to go still, just going to have to bare with it on Queensland Raceway tomorrow

Cheers
VGJONO :thumpsup:
77galantv6

Post by 77galantv6 »

VGJONO wrote: Im sure everyone would be happy for you to come and wash our cars to show us your standards of cleaning :lol: but in all seriousness, is it really about having a nice looking car for Hard-parking, or a car that is tidy but fun to drive
You can have both....
I drive my car as hard if not harder than most (plenty on here can back that up), yet I still make sure it looks good prior to going to a meet or cruise.
'77 Galant V6....

1977 Galant with Commodore V6 conversion.

VGJONO

Post by VGJONO »

Today was fun, Got the old girl running somewhat better, jumped in and drove it to the MCM QLD meet/Lunch and laps and got to have some track time with the MCM boys (got CHOPPED! by Marty and Moog in Gramps)

Cheers
BlownPajero

Post by BlownPajero »

Looking good with the hotwires (H) :thumpsup:

have you got lowered springs in the front?
webby

Post by webby »

:thumpsup:
Needs lowering a touch in the rear
-Josh.
Daily: 7/96 EF Falcon, 4.0 SOHC, BTR95LE, 3.45:1 LSD/Lukey extractors, full 2.5” exhaust, EL intake, Tickford snorkel, 87DA cam, AU injectors, shiftkits.com.au single stage kit. PB 14.93@91mph.
Project: Red '81 Scorpion-http://www.sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=11889
Gormzz

Post by Gormzz »

heard the mcm meet was a decent turnout. good to see your rig get there all good!
Toyota Cressida 77,79'
Mitsubishi Starion Track Car 84'
Mitsubishi Starion Widebody 89'

My projects/cars.
VGJONO

Post by VGJONO »

BlownPajero wrote:Looking good with the hotwires (H) :thumpsup:
have you got lowered springs in the front?
webby wrote::thumpsup:
Needs lowering a touch in the rear
Yeah.... lowered springs..... they are Makita-King Spring hybrids.... that i strongly suggest no-one else tries :lol:
and yeah, i have some lowering blocks here somewhere, might pop them in, had someone people sit in the back to lower the rear down and it improved the look by 2000%

Gormzz wrote:heard the mcm meet was a decent turnout. good to see your rig get there all good!
It was massive man, i was volunteering and ended up being part of the 3 man team responsible for getting 1000 cars all into the carpark somewhat neatly for the event, something that i dont think i will do on a regular basis, but it was well worth it, it was an awesome day.

Cheers
RyBj

Post by RyBj »

looking at that last photo gives me breathing problems. its looking so damn clean! so impressed man!
VGJONO

Post by VGJONO »

RyBj wrote:looking at that last photo gives me breathing problems. its looking so damn clean! so impressed man!
yeah... clean..... just mind the 100mph tape holding the vinyl on to the roof :lol:

but seriously thanks dude :thumpsup:
ozdusterdave

Post by ozdusterdave »

71GA wrote:Yes you are right,each to their own.Although, if you are going to take your car to an organised car cruise/photo day/meet up..whatever ..surely you could at least spend about 15 minutes washing your car quickly..maybe even clean the windows?! Otherwise wtf sort of car enthusiasts are we?!
I was trying to avoid getting into this but I spent a lot longer than 15 mintues cleaning my car (including windows) for that cruise and it wasnt up to your standards.

I really like your car VGJONO and i hope you got your dramas sorted.

Marty,[/quote]
Well Marty,if your car was one of the few clean ones..goodonya. :D
VGJONO

Post by VGJONO »

VGJONO

Post by VGJONO »

Well brakes are ready for new pads, might as well reco the calipers and get some new slotted and dimpled rotors
to top this all off the wheel bearing is also dead, only a year and a half old so i guess my dodgy suspension must have sped up the deterioration process a bit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rf0dLmH_zUg
VGJONO

Post by VGJONO »

Some new goodies showed up today, Thanks A112H :thumpsup:

A112H

Post by A112H »

All good mate, thanks for the easy transaction :thumpsup:
You will be amazed how much better the car will turn in and feel with these and the better brakes.
Don't stinge out on pads :thumpsup: :thumpsup:
VGJONO

Post by VGJONO »

got a decent set of pads that ive had stored for a few months, was going to just swap in the new pads but might aswell go the whole hog now :) brand is Stirling i thing, while not top of the line ive been told they are at the better end of the quality scale :)
VGJONO

Post by VGJONO »

Woo, more parts have arrived, got one more thing to look into before i start putting it all together and into the car. this gon be good (H)

Cheers
RyBj

Post by RyBj »

so soes that mean you can have jdm as fuk camber?
VGJONO

Post by VGJONO »

If i wanted to yes, but i dont and i am probably going to look into the feasibility of running these on standard strut tops temporarily, i want to make new plates for the strut top so its a proper 3 bolt pattern that will bolt up to the strut tower, unlike what it is now, of which i believe only has two bolt up to the strut tower and is kind of dodgy.
75glnt

Post by 75glnt »

If you're interested in selling the tops. Text me a pic of them and stuffs :P
N/A ALL THE WAY
VGJONO

Post by VGJONO »

Nah eventually i will be using them, getting a new top plate made up to suit the Galants shock tower stud pattern :)
75glnt

Post by 75glnt »

Fine :P haha

I'll have to go buy kmac's then
N/A ALL THE WAY
VGJONO

Post by VGJONO »

Finally got cracking on getting my front end sorted, been a rough few weeks, and between work and helping friends with their cars ive just been buggere, thankfully the struts ended up dropping out all nice and easy :)

More to come soon..... hopefully :)
75glnt

Post by 75glnt »

More to come now... NOW DAMN YOU!!! :D haha
N/A ALL THE WAY
VGJONO

Post by VGJONO »

Started on the brakes today and hit my first major roadblock, my R/H caliper is trashed, the piston and cylinder walls are badly pitted and it would be a waste to rebuild it and use it.

So now im on the hunt for a new caliper. Meanwhile the old girl is sitting infront of the house like this, taunting me every time i walk past it, whenever i get home and whenever i leave :(

Cheers
VGJONO
astronturbo77
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Post by astronturbo77 »

You realise.the piston.seal.seals.on the.piston right? If the piston surface.chrome isnt pitted or damaged that pitting in the bores not going to hurt chucking a kit through it
BUILT NOT BROUGHT BY ALGIE.
VGJONO

Post by VGJONO »

Yes i do know that, The piston is worse than the cylinder wall, just didnt get a picture of it, also something i didn't note is the slides were seized and it is full of rust inside :)
VGJONO

Post by VGJONO »

After a few weeks ive finally gotten back on track to getting these struts and brakes done, we done the bearings today, fitted the rotors to the hubs, and fitted them up to the strut, next will be finishing the front brakes and i should be getting my modified strut tops sometime this week :)

Photo taken by an overpriced potato

Cheers
ozdusterdave

Post by ozdusterdave »

they can still re sleeve the caliper u know...new piston,,rebuild kit.Should be ok.
VGJONO

Post by VGJONO »

ozdusterdave wrote:they can still re sleeve the caliper u know...new piston,,rebuild kit.Should be ok.
yeah i know, but "they" = money, and thats something im not rolling in at the moment :lol:

Cheers
VGJONO

Post by VGJONO »

So i was finally able to complete my brakes, ended up using just the Piston out of the spare caliper, both now have new seals, dust covers, freshly greased slides and a new coat of paint, cylinders in both have been honed aswell :)

Also i think i got my moneys worth from my old brake pads :P

Cheers