75 GC Galant + pics

Members Rides can be viewed here, remember when posting here to keep mechanical discussions for its appropriate forum.
JRGC94

75 GC Galant + pics

Post by JRGC94 »

hey all.
This car was originally owned by my great grandfather, who passed in jan, the car was almost scraped but my father said he'd take it. The car had sat in his carport for 8 years before we got it, so the paint and motor was pretty tired, but with a fresh battery, oil and fuel she started first go! so the car had to come home with us! the car had been driven into a tree in his front yard so it squashed the right front guard and grille up a bit, but nothing we couldn't handle. so we got stuck into her we sprayed her in the original Silver Metallic, did all mechanical things i.e: points, spark plugs, filters, brakes and those things, replaced master, head gaskets, you know stuff like that. The car runs all original parts, motor, box, diff, carby, even the original seat coverings, the rear seat has possibly never been sat in, just everything in factory showroom condition, but with a strong smell of smokers (great grandad was the heaviest smoker you'd ever meet, (smoked 1/2 packet a day till he died aged 96!) and because we are only second owners of the car we know that the 94,000km that just ticked over yesterday are all original! but she was registared 13th of december this year, and goes like new, the car is my parents 3rd for me to drive! here are some pics for you guys to drool over! also if anyone has a spare single round headlight grille for GC, and a left hand indcator lense lying around we'd would mind getting them for the right price!
Cheers
Tom

[img]http://i1101.photobucket.com/album ... .jpg[/img]
Last edited by JRGC94 on Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
75wagon
Admin

Re: 75 GC Galant

Post by 75wagon »

Very nice :thumpsup:

It has Blue interior I imagine with that body colour?

Dave...
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
JRGC94

Re: 75 GC Galant

Post by JRGC94 »

no blue.... but black, so its nice and toasty warm after a hard days work, in the sun! haha. nothing on the car will be changed for now, will stay a nice stock streeter :)
Cheers
Tom
JRGC94

Re: 75 GC Galant + pics

Post by JRGC94 »

hey all
i put the car though its paces on the weekend, if anyone know the south coast of aus well, i drove the car from canberra to batemans bay (north durras exactly) it drove down a notorious mountain known as the clyde, very steep, lots of hairpins, no mobile reception, not the place you want something to go wrong, but my mighty galant drove down fine, didn't over heat, slight bit of break fade on the way down but nothing horrible, drove back up the mountain on sunday in one go, past many modern cars that overheated, she drove up fine got warm but stayed at half on the gauge, so super excited that a little gem did it! used a bit of oil (still leaking somewhere) and was great on fuel! can anyone answer me, the small reserve tank behind the wheel arch and the inner and outer panels of the fuel filler side, how much does that hold, also i'm told the fuel tank can hold 45 litres but i can't get that much in, how far have other people gotten on one tank around town with a standard 1600 saturn motor, i've got 320km out of a tank, but scared to go further, how much further can i go?
cheers
Tom
orangelancer

Post by orangelancer »

in my lancer i usually do 300kms to anywhere between 29-33 litres. i font really like going further because im afraid of the dirt in the fuel tank getting sucked into the engine. im pretty sure my lancer has a 50litre tank. however after 300ish kms the fuel guage is pretty low and i always refuel to right before it overflows.
A112H

Post by A112H »

Sounds like you have a little winner there and a nice looking one too.
They don't have a reserve tank, that little tank is a breather if I remember correctly, a member on here cut on up and it is empty, hose in hose out was all it does. I guess it is like a expansion chamber or catch can for fuel vapor.
You will never fit 45lt into a 45lt tank that isn't empty.
The best way I found to test your car is run two or three tanks until you conk out, carry a 5lt jerry can with you, and work out the average. Make sure you change the fuel filter after doing this. I think you should see close to 400k's from a tank.
2Lgalant

Post by 2Lgalant »

Well of 400 kms to a tank what's wrong with myn I go from Sydney to goulburn ( about 200 kms ) on just over a quarter of a tank so I take it my car must be great on fuel lol
Tj.

Post by Tj. »

A stock 4G32 is actually incredibly good on fuel, even by modern standards :mrgreen:

I'd love to see more photos of this car. I'm starting to develop a fondness for wagons these days.
1975 GC Galant Hardtop - 4G63 DOHC - Version 3.0 coming soon.
http://www.sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=485
ozgdgalants

Post by ozgdgalants »

Hi Galant wagons have a smaller tank than the sedans so you would not get as far as a sedan? . Also if it's a Auto they use more fuel too?.

Your Wagon looks great please post some more pics of the interior & engine also show us the rest please nice job keep loving it? & it will love u back as Galant Do?.

Cheers Wayne.