GH Factory Sigma Turbo #292

Members Rides can be viewed here, remember when posting here to keep mechanical discussions for its appropriate forum.
timdensley

GH Factory Sigma Turbo #292

Post by timdensley »

Hi Guys... Finally got a 1981 GH Factory Sigma Turbo! Here are the details...

* November 1981 Blue/Black GH Sigma Factory Turbo #292 out of 500. It's a very tidy 2 owner car with 194,000 km on the clock. The car is totally original, right down to the Philips AM/FM Stereo Cassette Player and Speakers! I'm planning on restoring it to original condition, with a few small improvements. The plan is to have it looking basically stock with the original rims, interior and exterior.

I've got a gallery on Facebook with photos that will be updated as the work progresses... http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 626&type=3

Here is a link to a quick video that I put together... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaescLxM ... ature=plcp

Stay tuned for updates...
Last edited by timdensley on Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
A112H

Re: GH Factory Sigma Turbo #292

Post by A112H »

Hi Tim,
That is one very tidy and stock looking Turbo. Are you able to join us on the cruise this Sunday?

http://sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=8187
timdensley

Post by timdensley »

Hey Jason,

Thanks for the comments, much appreciated. I have wanted one of these since they first came out.

Mate I would have been totally up for the cruise but I only bought the car from a guy near Adelaide (Murray Bridge) and actually live in NSW. I drove it home the day after I picked it up. I'll be keen to check out the photos though!

Cheers,

Tim
Shifta

Post by Shifta »

Dam, nice ride and I echo Leigh's thoughts on it leaving the state :(. I guess it evens out though - mine originally came from QLD :). Congrats on the purchase :).
ghuphill

Post by ghuphill »

AWESOME!! i agree with the comments of these sigma turbo gurus ,but at least new south wales has another tidy stock example ,blue and black is my favourite colour for the sigma turbos,ive owned all 3 colours and have a silver one now ,but when they are neat and tidy it wouldnt matter what colour it is,keep us posted with what ever you do to the car :thumpsup: :thumpsup:
timdensley

Post by timdensley »

Thanks for the comments everyone, great to see such an awesome Forum in action :thumpsup:. If it's any consolation to the SA crew I'm originally from there and the rest of my family still reside in Adelaide, Naracoorte and Robe. Growing up my parents ran the local Chrysler dealership in Naracoorte, which later became a Mitsubishi one. I've been around these cars my whole life and I'm stoked that I've finally got my own factory Turbo.

The plan is to pretty much keep it stock, but maybe just tidied up a bit. It's in really good condition but you know how it is, every time I look at it I see something that isn't perfect. Anyway... definitely a long term project so I'll just keep working on it till I'm happy.

I'm keen as for the next NSW Cruise so hopefully there is one in the pipeline soon. Have a great night guys...

Tim
strx3

Post by strx3 »

Hi Tim

It is good to see a car in that original condition. I've have had at least one for the past 15 years.

Unfortunately it is up for sale now as I can't have more than one project.

Steven
timdensley

Post by timdensley »

Hey Steven,

Good luck with the sale. What is the other project that you're working on?

Tim
ddt

Post by ddt »

nice!! that's in beautiful condition. Congrats on the purchase.
Btw, on your video, you've got it down as #276
'Member's Rides' Link for LIL RED WGN: http://www.sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=4742
timdensley

Post by timdensley »

Hey DDT... Thanks mate! Yeah I had the numbers wrong but had already made the video. Thanks for the heads up :thumpsup: