My '84 Sigma engine overhaul for anyone interested

Members Rides can be viewed here, remember when posting here to keep mechanical discussions for its appropriate forum.
H8DAG8

My '84 Sigma engine overhaul for anyone interested

Post by H8DAG8 »

Posted up my panel and paint mission to share and got a lot of views so thought I'd do the same with my engine.

Yea that's right - my good old luck had it so a few weeks after the panel and paint was FINALLY finished the engine decided to sh*t itself.. chocolate milk on the dipstick ohhhhhhh great.

Bought a new head as it was cracked, put it together, then saw the balance shaft belt had snapped, awesome! Didn't spin as freely as the other one so had to de-balance the whole engine. While I did that I had pretty much everything replaced as the engine was full of gunk and rusted out waterpipes. Didn't do big end bearings and rings etc. as they were all mint as engine has only done 120ks.

Car still isn't going as I'm not waiting on a thermostat housing and trying to figure out why the fan clutch won't fit over the waterpump dowl :)

Enjoy the pics. (and if anyone has info. on big/lumpy cams and gilmers for these 4g63s PLEASE share your info.). Thanks.