Dan's SPA57K GD Galant wagon and other Galants

Members Rides can be viewed here, remember when posting here to keep mechanical discussions for its appropriate forum.
Jordan1249

Re: Dan's SPA57K GD Galant wagon and other Galants

Post by Jordan1249 »

He lives up thr road from my girlfriends house where i stay most of the time and the other day i asked if he wanted to sell one of his r31 diffs and got talking about galants and your one came up and i asked if youd be on here and he said most likely so had a quick look with the help of jono
rx22nv

Post by rx22nv »

Jordan: Mad, I don't think you'll get a diff out of him, I've been trying to get one from them for ages.
He is a very talented and knowledgable bloke, he know's his stuff.

75Glnt: There isn't a lot of video around as camera phones and Youtube weren't real big when I was racing it. I'll see what I have.

2005 Jambo DVD has me racing it with a blown coil pack. It ran like crap but I won the untubbed/Ozmod class that day! (H)
GD Galant Wagon 2.6 T04E powerglide - 10.51@124,
GD Galant Sedan Starion powered
Jordan1249

Post by Jordan1249 »

haha idk he said he has 2 that his willing to part with i just needa make my mind up if i wanna do the conversation or not and yer i noticed how knowledgable he is from the 20 minutes i talked to him was telling me about his sons soarer 500KW at the wheels all work done by him.... Would love to get my galant doing wheel stands like yours :P
rx22nv

Post by rx22nv »

I have 3 r31 skylines and the diffs are all garbage. Personally I would convert a hilux diff.

The soarer is 500hp at the wheels but when they get it all going it should make some big numbers.

You can always make an offer and buy my car Jordan! A lot of the wheelstand action is because of the auto trans and the slicks. Astrons are torquey motors so it's always fun.
GD Galant Wagon 2.6 T04E powerglide - 10.51@124,
GD Galant Sedan Starion powered
Jordan1249

Post by Jordan1249 »

i would just i fill i wouldnt have enough $$$$ and im in love with my sedan not a big fan of wagons but you probably bring it along for the sydney meet or at least to Joes sometime and take me for a spin haha So its not just racing petrol that makes it wheel stand you can make it do that with normal petrol ?
Jordan1249

Post by Jordan1249 »

yer id like something strong that i can do burnouts on and it wont snap my axles and have LSD