GK GSR all original

Members Rides can be viewed here, remember when posting here to keep mechanical discussions for its appropriate forum.
Glenzo777

GK GSR all original

Post by Glenzo777 »

This is my 1984 GK GSR Sigma, I bought it in 1993 with 104000km as my daily driver, in good condition and not all that old then. I'd been looking specifically for a white GSR with bone trim and A/C. What I found after 6 months of looking was this one with factory power steering, central locking, electric windows, original premium digital stereo, A/C and original 1984 fitted alarm. In the hand book it stated Mitsubishi Motors (Vic branch) as being the first owner, so I guess it has been a demo or excecutives car. I used the GSR until 2000 when I sold it with 145000km, still in pretty good condition. In the mean time I'd bought an older GH wagon to do up a bit, but my missus said that if I keep the GH wagon she'd get her drivers licence and take it on as her first car. I said ok and she drove the GH for years, a great old car which me, being a hoarder, still have although it's been off the road for nearly 6 years now and very sad and that's another story. Getting back to the GSR, I always wanted to know what happened to it and eventually curiosity got the better of me and I started looking for it again, nearly imposibble now days with all the privacy laws etc so lots of dead ends. Then I thought I'd look around and buy another one for old times sake, I always enjoyed driving my GSR. I looked around for a while, but the ones I found were a bit rough, I guess they'd all aged a bit from what I'd remembered so not much happened. A couple more years passed and I thought I'd give looking for my original GSR one more go and to my amazement I found it! Still going and in daily use in Brisbane (originally a Melbourne car) The people I sold it to in 2000 still had it in the family, although it had been passed around a bit. I asked for first option to buy it should they want to sell, they agreed to do so. About 6 months later I received a call from them asking if I was still interested, a confident yes was my reply, they said it was as is and where is and my cost and responsibility to transport the car to Melbourne. We agreed on a price and I made arangements to transport it home in December 2008. It had been pretty well looked after and was still in original condition with 250000km. I've done a bit of work on it since cleaning and tidying it up, the most expensive repair being the power steering box rebuild, very worn and leaking badly, made all the difference to drive with that done. It isn't my daily driver now, but more of a weekender which I still really enjoy to drive, see you on the road one day. Image ImageImageImageImage These pics were taken in 2010
Last edited by Glenzo777 on Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shifta

Re: GK GSR all original

Post by Shifta »

Looks great mate - I love the look of a nice, clean GSR :)
PROSSER

Post by PROSSER »

clean as mate! would love to see a few more photo's.
Samual
Tj.

Post by Tj. »

Wow! what a fantastically clean and straight GSR!

This is what appeals to me about owning classic cars, the back story and the history. Especially when it's been a part of your life for so long.

That interior is mint by the way :thumpsup:
1975 GC Galant Hardtop - 4G63 DOHC - Version 3.0 coming soon.
http://www.sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=485
Glenzo777

Post by Glenzo777 »

Still driving my GSR as a weekender and enjoying it, need a heater tap and central locking mechanism for drivers door, otherwise all good, c ya, Glen.
TUFSIG
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Post by TUFSIG »

Nice GSR mate. never seen a white one with a brown interior before all the ones i have had have been blue.
TUFSIG
Boost Is the Only Way
1984 GK Sigma GSR, 2.6 EFI Turbo
1992 Aus Delivered 3000GT Twin Turbo
1984 GK Sigma GSR Stocka

Scorpma82

Post by Scorpma82 »

Great looking car mate.....it's incredible the amount of times I hear of people chasing their old car and actually finding.....we'll done on the purchase.......... What's ur intention on the GH wagon now?
Built with pride, Driven in anger
Glenzo777

Post by Glenzo777 »

TUFSIG wrote:Nice GSR mate. never seen a white one with a brown interior before all the ones i have had have been blue.
Interesting point. You have probably seen more GSR's than I have and I have only seen other white ones with blue interior also. I know mine was originally owned by Mitsubishi Australia Melbourne branch and was used as an executives car/demo car and that's why it was factory fitted with all the options. As for the trim as far as I know it has always been brown. Maybe specially ordered to show that colour? Is there a trim identification number on the ID tag? Might help to clarify.
Glenzo777

Post by Glenzo777 »

Scorpma82 wrote:What's ur intention on the GH wagon now?
I've been doing a bit of tidying up in the shed and sorting some Sigma parts and as a result I thought I'd do a few jobs on the GH wagon and now have it running again, the first time in 11 years, what now, not sure.
Glenzo777

Post by Glenzo777 »

Image I had my GSR out last weekend at Ballarat Cars n Coffee, a good turn out and variety of vehicles, see you at the next one next month. :)
TUFSIG

Post by TUFSIG »

Glenzo777 wrote:
TUFSIG wrote:Nice GSR mate. never seen a white one with a brown interior before all the ones i have had have been blue.
Interesting point. You have probably seen more GSR's than I have and I have only seen other white ones with blue interior also. I know mine was originally owned by Mitsubishi Australia Melbourne branch and was used as an executives car/demo car and that's why it was factory fitted with all the options. As for the trim as far as I know it has always been brown. Maybe specially ordered to show that colour? Is there a trim identification number on the ID tag? Might help to clarify.
Well by the sounds of it the dealer liked the brown more :)
where are you located i think i have seen your GSR before its on club rego yeah? I'm in Bacchus Marsh
TUFSIG
Boost Is the Only Way
1984 GK Sigma GSR Stocka

TUFSIG

Post by TUFSIG »

I picked up this one a couple of years back from a guy that worked at Baker Mitsubishi in Albury, owned it since new

TUFSIG
Boost Is the Only Way
1984 GK Sigma GSR Stocka

Glenzo777

Post by Glenzo777 »

I like your stocka! Fantastic. I'm in Ballarat, might see you out in your GSR one day.