lc lancer hatch

Members Rides can be viewed here, remember when posting here to keep mechanical discussions for its appropriate forum.
ddt

Re: lc lancer hatch

Post by ddt »

Looks great!
I reckon it'd look pretty cool on some GJ sigma alloys (dunno their official name.. like the photochop below)
I reckon those rims would suit your lancer really well.
'Member's Rides' Link for LIL RED WGN: http://www.sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=4742
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

ddt wrote:I reckon those rims would suit your lancer really well.
They look ok, that's about all. These are pics of my old LB with the same rims on it. To tell the truth, they just don't have enough width or offset for the hatch guards. I think Lancer Hatches need at least 15's (those Sigma rims are 14x5's), anything smaller looks pretty ordinary on them.

Dave...
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
orangelancer

Post by orangelancer »

dave your old lancer looks great. i also like the pink under the hood. its different but in a good way. ddt you did a great job photoshopping those wheels on there. i already have a set of starion wheels for it just havent had time to put them on.

just a small update guys. my cousin found an iphone on the ground so he asked me if i could drive him to sydney uni to return it to it owner. we told the girl we would meet her at 11am but as usual i was running late. i was hammering the car through sydney uni and get to the arranged meeting point. as im sitting in my car this guy comes up to me and goes cool car. i was thinking nothing of it then he stops. as it turns out he (well his family) was the original owner of the car. The car was purchased by his great aunt who had the car right up to when she had passed away. she then had handed the car down to him and his brother. he then onsold the car to some bloke for 500 bux who sold it at his car yard to the people who had the car before me. It was completely random and im so glad and a little surprised that this would even happen.
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

metry wrote:dave your old lancer looks great. i also like the pink under the hood. its different but in a good way.
Such was the way back in the early 90's.
Bright colours where in if you wanted you car to be looked at (thus my Pink GB Galant, for those that have seen the pics).
Funny thing was, those pics were taken the day of the Fast 4's and Rotary Nat's 1994. The car that parked next to me was a fluorescent orange Gemini with purple pin stripes on it (it looked worse then it sounds). See what I mean about the bright colours?

Those pics were taken the day after it's first rego after the rebuild/spray. It wasn't long after that I asked the girl (that I'm now married to) to marry me, who also attended that day with me. She's still here with me 18 years later, and so are the Old School Mitsu's, but the bright colours aren't anymore :think:

Dave...
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
orangelancer

Post by orangelancer »

well not much has changed with the car. finally found the time to fit the 15 inch starion wheels and found an original gear knob for it. anyways here are the pictures.

Side profile

front diagonal

they fill the guards better now but still not enough

and the side again
bruggz351

Post by bruggz351 »

That is one tidy Lancer man....

:thumpsup:
'82 GJ GSR Silver (family heirloom):)
steveracer

Post by steveracer »

Nice with the Starion wheels. Do they clear upon jounce and when turning full left and right?

Keep up the pictures of Lancers, or Arrows or Celeste here in this forum. Mine should be back on the road shortly, before the end of January.
orangelancer

Post by orangelancer »

yeh mate they fit perfectly. as i said i wish they could fill the rear gaurds a little more but they are more than enough. throw some pics of yours up mate
orangelancer

Post by orangelancer »

ok guys, small update.

ive pulled the engine and gearbox out of the car. changed the clutch, thrust bearing, spigot bearing, flywheel and machined the flywheel. in the process of doing it i found the gearbox mount was broken and the clutch cable was snapped. got them all sorted. the welch plugs were leaking so decided to change them all. also i thought while im at it i may aswell do the timing belt, water pump and fan belt and heater hoses. only issue is now its all back together and driving it just keeps blowing fuses. the only one im concerned about it the one for the parking lights as it controls the dash lights. any ideas guys the only thing different between now and before i did all the work was i removed the old CD player to run the AM radio.

any input would help guys

cheers
alex
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

Sounds like a shorting problem?
I wouldn't imagine that the work you've done would have caused any of it? But maybe the wiring for the radio?

How many fuses is it blowing? (I'm after how many circuits it's blowing them on, and which ones.)
orangelancer

Post by orangelancer »

the fuse its blowing is the one for the parking lights. everything is fine until you twist the indicator to turn the parking lights on. headlights and high beams work perfectly fine. just nothing that runs of the parkers (eg dash lights, number plate light etc).
tre04z

Post by tre04z »

you'll probably find that its the head light relay thats giving you grief. its an all in one job that is a pain at the best of times i have replaced my relay with two separate relay that do the same job. the all in one that you get is exactly that ok at doing both jobs. but with two seperate ones you get two that do two jobs really well.
orangelancer

Post by orangelancer »

yeh my old man was saying that it could be the headlight relay. imma play around with it again tomorrow just gotta grab some more fuses
tre04z

Post by tre04z »

My electrician rigged my new relays as a plug and play arrangement. If you like I can come over plug it in and see if that helps you work it out. You've got my number so give me a call. I'm off till friday if that helps or it'll have to be next week for a weekend.

Cheers
Trev
orangelancer

Post by orangelancer »

thanks trev. imma have to inbox you to get your number. updated the software on my phone and lost it. turns out its not the relay. i disconected all the parkers and dash lights and the fuse still blew. so its shorting out somewhere. time to let the fun and games begin :facepalm:
orangelancer

Post by orangelancer »

ok guys its all sorted. turns out i had reconnected to the shifter light :facepalm: (car was a factory auo). so no more shorting. took it and got a pink slip but something happened with the codensor (something came loose didnt connect it up propperly ot something :facepalm: ) resulting in the car starting but not wanting to idle and would only run like shit if i kept pumping the acclerator. my old man had a tinker and fixed it so all is well now.

the cars driving better than before just need to find the time to give it a decent clean and ill throw some videos up
orangelancer

Post by orangelancer »

ok guys. cars got an over heating problem. ive narrowed it down to the radiator because its got a new water pump, thermostat and no coolant leaks. any ideas on what a good alloy radiator i could fit up is. modding is no issue have a few mates handy with a welder and alloy radiators are pretty cheep on ebay so long as you stick to pretty common cars.

eg
this is a core for 160 but its meant for a supra
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/3CORE-56MM-T ... 451wt_1397

cheers
alex
davetrees

Post by davetrees »

Have you tried getting the radiator professionally cleaned/flushed ? I had mine done earlier this year after car started running really hot and it fixed the problem instantly. Cost me about $100 - way cheaper than replacing it !

If the radiator is cactus, you could also look at getting it re-cored, maybe with a higher capacity. Just going alloy will probably make sod all difference to the cooling.
orangelancer

Post by orangelancer »

yeh was thinking of getting it cleaned but thought for the extra money i might be better off getting a better radiator and alloy ones look nicer in the engine bay
Scorpma82
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Post by Scorpma82 »

I'd have to agree with Davetrees......the biggest diiference bewtween factory and and alloy radiators are the cost.

If you get it re-cored (maybe get an extra core installed if the radiator has the space for it)

The other down fall is.....alloy radiators are nice and shiny....and if by chance you get pulled over (for whatever reason) and you get a 'smart' cop, he'll be asking you questions on why ur running an intercooler (sounds stupid i know.....but i've seen people get into more trouble for less trivial matters)

But yes your right, alloy radiators look awesome and instantly give the engine bay that 'High Performnce' look
Built with pride, Driven in anger
orangelancer

Post by orangelancer »

well got bored today so decided to make one of these. why idk. all i have to do now is get an eye ringlet thing to screw into the top and shell be done
Benharjon

Post by Benharjon »

Very Cool, i like it!! may have to steal this idea in the future... Great work :thumpsup:
Cheers Ben
orangelancer

Post by orangelancer »

yeh no worries. here is how i did it
http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2423032
orangelancer

Post by orangelancer »

a well over due update.

LONG STORY SHORT

Finally decided to pull my finger out and do this

Essentially what I have done is remove the old 4g32b and dropped in a 4g63 out of a 1989 galant GSR. Its mounted in there using Starion engine mounts and the sandwhich plate from my 4g32. Fuel system wise i have a 2l surge tank in the boot which is fed by a Carter p4070 Gold and a Bosch 044 Feeding the engine.

For the waterpump, I have used a starion one which Ive had to "machine" (angle grind) down bits and pieces and webbing so that it wouldnt interfere with the timing belt and its tensioners etc. Ive used the Jay Racing Thermostat relocation kit which we all know hits the water pump pulley so I went down to pick and pay and found a smaller pulley with the same amount of grooves as the 4g63's one and had that redrilled as well as a spacer made so that it would line up with the rest of the pulleys. The battery will be moved into the boot.

As is the car starts and runs. I can't drive it as I need to get an accelerator cable made for it.

At present all I need to do to get it finished :
  • Sort out radiator hoses
    get a pipe/hose to connect the airbox to the intake
    Fuel Filters
    A Battery Box
    Thermo Fans
    Re-assemble the interior (Piece of piss)
    An Exhaust including extractors
    A new fuel tank cause i cut mine up
    and a passenger window rail as mines rusted out
Anywho thats enough chit chat enjoy the photos

77galantv6

Post by 77galantv6 »

Good to see some overdue updates on this bad boy mate.
'77 Galant V6....

1977 Galant with Commodore V6 conversion.

leoca64

Post by leoca64 »

Looks fine!.
Do you have any additional plans for the brake set up in her?.
Taz

Post by Taz »

Lookin good mate, ill have to pinch some info off of you in the near future, about to register my LC tomorrow and have a 4g64 ready to drop in sometime next year.
orangelancer

Post by orangelancer »

leoca64 wrote:Looks fine!.
Do you have any additional plans for the brake set up in her?.
I'm working on the brake upgrade now. I have a pair of green struts ready to go in. New discs and pads only issue is that the springs sit unseated in the strut assembly as I am using kings lows (part no. kdlr-83).

I have these vb-vp commodore Koni Yellow Adjustables to go in only issue is I have nothing big enough to remove the gland nut to see how they fit. Hoping to have all this sorted out within the next two weeks

and Taz fire away with your questions
orangelancer

Post by orangelancer »

Pulled apart the new sigma/scorpion strut assemblys to drop the commodore inserts in. Turns out they are too tall in the strut body.

As you can see the gland nut doesn't even come close so idk how people have fitted them.
commodore gland nut

sigma/scorpion gland nut

there is a welded on spacer at the bottom of the shocks. I cut it off and they're still too big in the body (only just)

That leaves me with three options:
a) scrap the idea
b) get a bigger gland nut made up with about 5mm of extra thread
c) look into getting coilovers sleeved

I am yet to decide which way I will be going.

the old shock next to the konis
Scorpma82
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Post by Scorpma82 »

I'd probably go with option c......it seems to be becoming more and more common practice to do now
Built with pride, Driven in anger