lc lancer hatch

Members Rides can be viewed here, remember when posting here to keep mechanical discussions for its appropriate forum.
Superscan811

Re: lc lancer hatch

Post by Superscan811 »

1. Remove the spacer at the bottom of the shock and make sure it doesn't get too hot when doing so (ie: NO BLUE FLAME SPANNER).

2. Machine out the center of the gland nut to suit..

Cheers.
orangelancer

Post by orangelancer »

Hey Scott,

I removed the spacer with a hack saw by hand and keeping an eye on the heat and taking several breaks. I still need tot idy up the cutting which will probably close the gap a little but more. Machining the sigma gland to the diameter of the shock would probably work as it would allow it to slide further down.

Cheers
Alex
orangelancer

Post by orangelancer »

Not much has happened in the last 6 months. Ended up blowing the 4g63 up while starting. it's now seized up and then lost all motivation. Saw a picture of when I took it to the drags and that has motivated me again so engine will be coming out in the next couple of weeks and will be building a new one.

On the lookout for a turbo motor but if I can't get one I'll just work with what I got. I will be sending the block away to get machines and going forged internals for future boost. Pictures will come as the work starts.

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.p ... &width=500" width="500" height="337" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true"></iframe>
orangelancer

Post by orangelancer »

Here is the car at the drags

Scorpma82
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Post by Scorpma82 »

Good photo of the car squatting hard on launch

Glad to see the motivation is back and see new life in the car
Built with pride, Driven in anger