PROSSER'S 1976 GD WAGON

Members Rides can be viewed here, remember when posting here to keep mechanical discussions for its appropriate forum.
PROSSER

PROSSER'S 1976 GD WAGON

Post by PROSSER »

Well on friday I picked up my new wagon. I love it :D theres plenty of work to be done but at the moment its still great as a daily. I also got with it the original owners operation and service manual with all the dates the car was serviced all the information of how to do different work to the car and information on anything and everything you want to know about galants and lancers.

When I get around to starting work on the old girl ill post pics in builds but for now.

the old bloke who I got it off had two floor mats on both sides and he reckons the seat covers are the same since he first got the car.

and heres a couple of stickers on the back window

This photo is for 75wagon :D

well yeah thats my wagon as she is right now I havent had a chance to do anything with her but will update every chance I get cheers.
Samual
ISKA8

Re: PROSSER'S 1976 GD WAGON

Post by ISKA8 »

man she is sweet.nice lookin car bro!
1984 SIGMA GK GSR (was EFI TURBO 10psi 194.0kw atw ) N/A head & cam
*1991 VN SS 5spd...HI COMP HEAD & CAM
2004 MITSUBISHI EXPRESS BIG RIG MOBILE DETAILING 0414017857!
MY NEW TOY F6310
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

Sweet wagon Prosser...
When are you going to let me see it in the flesh?

If you're interested I have a supplier for the plastic chrome strip around the front and rear windscreen rubbers (I see your back one is missing and your front is rooted), it'll cost $40 all up for both windows.

Dave...
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
Sigmaman

Post by Sigmaman »

Tidy ol' girl. I am SO jealous.
To say that social direction is not a product of belief is to say that
there is no intelligence. But that itself is not intelligent. You
cannot intelligently claim that there is no intelligence.
77GDWAGON

Post by 77GDWAGON »

Nice find. Looks pretty tidy.
1977 GD GALANT station wagon owned since 1988
PROSSER

Post by PROSSER »

Hey Thanks for the compliments shes not all pretty theres a little panel damage on the right hand side as you will see in these picks I took today.
Also Dave (75wagon) hows friday sound? Also id love some I defiantly need new ones :)

well heres some picks

Samual
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

Yep Friday it is.
I'm on holidays atm, so I should be home. Just text or ring me...

Looking forward to seeing it... :D

Dave...
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
PROSSER

Post by PROSSER »

Awesome. well today I took the seat covers off there was so much dirt and dust under them it was suprising but the seats still look brand new. Under the back seat where the jack is im going to clean this week because there is so much leaves and dust under there its not funny :) but yeah Im happy with her.
Samual
webby

Post by webby »

At least it's dust and not wet oily muddy slop like I found in my boot :(
Nice buy mate, looks good :thumpsup:
-Josh.
Daily: 7/96 EF Falcon, 4.0 SOHC, BTR95LE, 3.45:1 LSD/Lukey extractors, full 2.5” exhaust, EL intake, Tickford snorkel, 87DA cam, AU injectors, shiftkits.com.au single stage kit. PB 14.93@91mph.
Project: Red '81 Scorpion-http://www.sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=11889
DanTurboLancer

Post by DanTurboLancer »

Looks Great mate :thumpsup:
PROSSER

Post by PROSSER »

yeah dust is easier to clean then muddy slop lol and thanks Dan!
Samual
DVSGAL

Post by DVSGAL »

Teehee...cute!
How did the side damage happen?
PROSSER

Post by PROSSER »

the rear damage the old bloke had an altercation with his garage and the garage won and the door no idea.
Samual
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

How are you going getting those big feet for it?

I've been thinking about this wagon and I think the best thing for it would be if you sold it to me :P

Seriously though, looking forward to Friday. What time are you coming? Interested in helping lift some gyprock sheets up with me?
We are going to have to have some beers and get some photos of the wagons together.
If you want to see what my rims look like on yours we can do that too if you want?

Dave...
GC75
Admin

Post by GC75 »

nice car man :thumpsup:
Previous owner of a GC Coupe, a few GSRS and random Sigmas.
Converted to the Ultimate Driving Machines
PROSSER

Post by PROSSER »

yeah dave Im keen I wont make it up there until around 4ish because I dont get off work until 12 but yeah Im keen for photo's! :thumpsup:
Samual
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

Prosser brought this over for me to have a look at yesterday.
This wagon is pretty clean for rust.
Very tidy unit, a bit of panel damage but all pretty light (the worst being the rear drivers guard). It's all easily fixable.

Nice buy mate, wish I could have bought that one myself :P

Dave...
PROSSER

Post by PROSSER »

Thanks for the comments Dave!

ok so I got bored at work today and played around with two photos and this is the results lol :facepalm: :D

and this one

my favourite is the shot of the rear! What do you guys reckon?
Samual
PROSSER

Post by PROSSER »

Update!!!

ok tonight the car was sounding funny on the way home from the car wash so I get it home and look under the bonnet and I see feul leaking from here.

The part Im talking about i have the torch on ( I dont have my manual on me its over 200k's away so I can only guess what its)

now the fuel seems to be leaking from about the middle part of it im not sure if its a hose or not because it was too dark to see but the fuel only leaks while the car is running. Im not sure how long its been leaking for but its had a strong feul smell while i drive around since I brought it. Whenever Ive checked the engine the car has been mostly off so havent noticed it before.

Any help is much appreciated!
Samual
webby

Post by webby »

that's your fuel pump, i'd be fixing it asap. it'll be either the fuel hoses or the pump itself that's leaking
-Josh.
Daily: 7/96 EF Falcon, 4.0 SOHC, BTR95LE, 3.45:1 LSD/Lukey extractors, full 2.5” exhaust, EL intake, Tickford snorkel, 87DA cam, AU injectors, shiftkits.com.au single stage kit. PB 14.93@91mph.
Project: Red '81 Scorpion-http://www.sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=11889
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

If the fuel is coming from the hole on the side of the bottom, then you fuel pump diaphram is cracked/stuffed. That means that you now (most likely) also have fuel diluting your oil. Get a rebuild kit for it. Or a complete pump. The rebuild kits come with a new diaphram and new valves. They are easy to install.
If you get a new pump, there are 2 types, sealed and the type you have (serviceable). The sealed unit is for a 4G32B (belt drive) not a 4G32.
You know you are buying the right pump if it has screws on it to take it apart.

Dave...
PROSSER

Post by PROSSER »

Thanks guys!! any ideas on where I could get my hands on a rebuild kit or fuel pump? Im going to pop into repco tommorrow after work but I also am going to have another look to make sure its not just a hose popped off. I'll let you know how I go! Tommorrow night its getting serviced I'll take photos of the air filter for you all its F^&ked is the mostpolite way to put it the paper work the bloke gave my says it hasnt been serviced since august last year. Its probably easier to suck air through glass then the filter!
Samual
gaPhil

Post by gaPhil »

Bursons do them i think? Out at gateshead?
71 GA Galant - Project
Build thread is here: http://www.sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=5600
astronturbo77
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Post by astronturbo77 »

make sure you haven't got a sump full of petty and stuff your engine!
BUILT NOT BROUGHT BY ALGIE.
81GL
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Post by 81GL »

astronturbo77 wrote:make sure you haven't got a sump full of petty and stuff your engine!
Agreed!!

Also, they look like the factory fuel lines on there from the photo, I'd be grabbing some new fuel hose too if it were my car...

Nick.
Old school Mitsu's, its not a hobby; it's a life style.
A112H

Post by A112H »

If you pop your oil cap and have a smell you will know if there is fuel in your oil. If there is do an oil change ASAP, including filter. Having fuel in your oil will "wash" your bores and bearings clean of the oil and sieze that little sucker up tight in no time.
PROSSER

Post by PROSSER »

Hey I went to repco they reckon they don't do rebuild kits but they can get me a new pump for 235$. one question I have is what type of fuel pump do I have just wondering if anyone knew what type it is because the bloke at repco says there is 2 types one with return line to the fuel tank and one without. I cant really just walk out and check because the car is 2 hours away at the moment so i thought illl jump on here sand hope for the best :D I checked out my current fuel pump and found that the diaphragm has perished
Samual
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

PROSSER wrote:what type of fuel pump do I have
Yours has the non return type. So that's 2 outlets, 1 inlet and 1 outlet.
PROSSER wrote:Hey I went to repco they reckon they don't do rebuild kits but they can get me a new pump for 235$
That is way to much. try somewhere else, or come and borrow off me to get you buy and wait till a rebuild kit comes up on ebay.
PROSSER wrote:I cant really just walk out and check because the car is 2 hours away at the moment
Near Newcastle maybe?

Dave...
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »