MY GJ SIGMA TURBO Skids at Tailembend video...

Members Rides can be viewed here, remember when posting here to keep mechanical discussions for its appropriate forum.
ISKA8

Re: MY GJ SIGMA TURBO Now with Sparco seats and hydro handbrake

Post by ISKA8 »

webby wrote:Daresay it's tucked in behind the front bar out of sight like it should be, hacked bars and giant in-your-face coolers belong on kebab-spec VL's not Sigs :P
man ive tried to hide my cooler but it still seems to hang down...? its maybe too big though.
just like to see how he went about putting it behind the bar,with or without cutting anything? can you see it behind the lower grille,i cant?
1984 SIGMA GK GSR (was EFI TURBO 10psi 194.0kw atw ) N/A head & cam
*1991 VN SS 5spd...HI COMP HEAD & CAM
2004 MITSUBISHI EXPRESS BIG RIG MOBILE DETAILING 0414017857!
MY NEW TOY F6310
webby

Post by webby »

Pretty sure that's it in front of the rad support in behind the grille there, looks like it's mounted up fairly high?
Edit: my last post was probably a bit inflammatory, sorry about that :)
-Josh.
Daily: 7/96 EF Falcon, 4.0 SOHC, BTR95LE, 3.45:1 LSD/Lukey extractors, full 2.5” exhaust, EL intake, Tickford snorkel, 87DA cam, AU injectors, shiftkits.com.au single stage kit. PB 14.93@91mph.
Project: Red '81 Scorpion-http://www.sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=11889
ISKA8

Post by ISKA8 »

yeah i seen where it sits (barely) but like to see front view.
all good buds,i know you didnt mean it directly to me.. :thumpsup:
yeah he has got it pretty high?
ive got it as high as it can possibly go and still hangs down in the middle of the lower grille?
i guess just depends how big the cooler is. i didnt cut anything except for the bonnet hinge support in order for it to fit.
MY NEW TOY F6310
turbogj260

Post by turbogj260 »

OK, Ive been in the shed playing around with my power steering pump as i dont like the standard sig one cos of the tank as it sits to low and im finding the cap tends to leak fluid as its foaming at high RPM. So while ive had the front bar off (to run the lines for the external P/S tank) ide take some pictures to show you how i mounted the cooler. The P/S Pump to replace the Sigma one is a Starion unit. Managed to get a second hand one form upull it cheap and it runs a tank ontop of the pump but has a fluid supply line on the side that is made of steel (not rubber like the siggy one) and you can tun it 180 and have it facing forward. Ill throw up some pics of it asap. Was 2 friggen cold in the shed tonight!!

this is the B&M Engine oil cooler that sits in between the rad and intercooler

this is the cooler behind the bar

side pipes where the supports go for the bumper

View from inside of the engine bay

Top view

This is the Alloy tank for the P/S fluid. Only place i could really fit it and up the front up high. Was a bit of mucking around but I think its perfect.

Also fitted some new Koni Adjustables to the front Starion struts. They are Toyota MR2 rears, Had to put the strut tops in the lathe and machine the tops out so they held the inset in and i think they were 55MM spacers for the bottom to space the inset up.

strut tops original and modified next to each other as u can see what ive done to make them fit.

I think thats it so far. Had to fit a new front seal to the Pump as the starion one was a bit old and the seal went hard an was leaking. Ill get some pics up once its all back together and the surge tank setup im currently doing as well as removing the sound deader from the boot and seam welding the tubs as the rear drivers side has cracked. 2 many hard launches i think...
81 Turbo GJ SIG-260
04 BA GT BA GT
TUFSIG
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Re: MY GJ SIGMA TURBO Pics of Intercooler, P/S tank & MR2 koni's

Post by TUFSIG »

tidy setup man
TUFSIG
Boost Is the Only Way
1984 GK Sigma GSR, 2.6 EFI Turbo
1992 Aus Delivered 3000GT Twin Turbo
1984 GK Sigma GSR Stocka

77galantv6

Post by 77galantv6 »

i'm putting it out there, one of the nicest GJ's on this site top work :thumpsup:

can you tell me how you fitted the detachable wheel kit without it sticking out too far
(as in the steering wheel is too close to the driver)
'77 Galant V6....

1977 Galant with Commodore V6 conversion.

turbogj260

Post by turbogj260 »

Cheers 4 that! Been a big part of my life and hundreds of hours spent on it so ppls comments mean alot!
I machined down the boss kit about 35mm and then drilled and tapped it to suit the quick release. still a bit long but when you sit in the car the steering wheel sits just right, well so far. Hasnt seen the track yet so it it gets annoying ill take the quick release off or even get a flat steering wheel instead off the dished one. The release does make it easier to get in and out of the car tho.

And the seats were 800 each. 90 degree adapters 100 bucks a pair and sparco slides got them for 90 each. www.autosports.com.au
81 Turbo GJ SIG-260
04 BA GT BA GT
ISKA8

Post by ISKA8 »

77galantv6 wrote:i'm putting it out there, one of the nicest GJ's on this site top work
i agree 100%,its friggn insane and i love this car..i reckon will look even better in the flesh! :thumpsup:
MY NEW TOY F6310
turbogj260

Re: MY GJ SIGMA TURBO Now with NOS!!!

Post by turbogj260 »

So i havent been spending much time on my Sig lately due to buying my first home. Unfortunately the Kitchen, laundry, dining room and all carpet and tiles needed replacing. ANYWAYSSS , the sig got a bit of a present a NOS fogger Kit. I also have shown photos of the surge tank setup behind a removable plate in the spare wheel well.

The nos bottle is actually on the left hand side in the boot as that photo was only a dummy fit.
Ill post up some picts of the gutted out interior and race prep that ive been carrying out over the last few months soon...
81 Turbo GJ SIG-260
04 BA GT BA GT
SIC082

Post by SIC082 »

That is an absolutely awesome set up. Never thought of hiding it all in the wheel well like that. Love the engine bay too, well thought out. Whole car is pretty dam nice really. What sort of power is it making, or hoping to make
Who are you getting to do the tune for ya, with the nos.
natosig

Post by natosig »

Just been reading the build of this sig AWSOME IN EVERY WAY top work mate u have giving me inspiration to get more thing done to mine :thumpsup: :thumpsup
84 gk sigma
turbogj260

Post by turbogj260 »

Cheers guys. So far its 200Kw ATW but in saying that, that was the output on the dyno at Mildrens witch is known to rob a few ponys from your ride so as for the next tune im prob gonna go to the king for mitsi's Steve knight, but still uncertain at this stage. The nos will only prob be a 50HP shot, dont want to go too big straight off the bat... Even looking at doing the NOS tune my self as my MoTeC computer allows a digital input to be used to either advance or retard the timing so im looking at having a play with that (hopefully I dont blow the motor up :\ )
81 Turbo GJ SIG-260
04 BA GT BA GT
SIC082

Post by SIC082 »

Yeah be careful with that, NOS is a funny thing when it comes to tuning. Dont think Steve Knight has much interest in old school mitsis anymore, he is into the EVO tech more.
Good luck with it all. Great lookin car, giving me some inspiration that is for sure.
turbogj260

Re: MY GJ SIGMA TURBO Skids at Tailembend video...

Post by turbogj260 »

Went to Tailem Bend in Dec, Just 3 cars in total. 2 others doing drifting and myself with the Sig. Stuffed around with suspension settings and just out to get a general feel of the car with all the modifications that have been done over the last 2 years being off the road. had a few issues with Boost. initially the thing was running over 30psi when i got it off the trailer then wouldn't go over 5psi for the rest of the day. Def need to get the car tuned again with the Nos. Didnt have the nutz to use the Nos this time. :$

Here is the video my misses took of destroying the rears...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ak29XwfN_2s
81 Turbo GJ SIG-260
04 BA GT BA GT
turbogj260

Re: MY GJ SIGMA TURBO 4G63 2.4L TH350 Engine swap

Post by turbogj260 »

After years of the turbo 2.6L / W55 supra combo I have decided to do another engine swap on the car. Since the drag racing scene is back in adelaide im converting the GJ into a drag car. Not full blown with a shoot but half way between street car and drag car. Its been a while since ive posted on here as its been a big pain in the ass to get a TH350 trans to fit. Photos will explain...

Managed to pick up a 4G63 that was in a VR4. Was stroked to 2.4L, balance shafs removed, forged pistions, H beam rods, ARP bolts, Oversised valves, doubble valve springs, tititanium retainers. Was pulling 193Kw at all wheels with standard cams and bigger injectors. Guy had it in his car for 6 months, did 8 thousand ks on it and bent the car in the hills, so got it for a good price. (H) Bought a set of Kelford 280 Degree cams with 11mm lift... Hanging to get this thing going!!

Car with the new heart next to it ready for the removal...

ready to go.

Bought one of bills adaptor kits...

managed to get my hands on a cheap Autronic SM4 with CDI box

Went all out on a new TCI TH350 rated for 700HP with trans brake... No mucking around here...

Went and bought a Hurst Pistol grip shifter to suit

Got a Conver made 4500 stall, like i said not doing things by 1/2 here. Fitted the engine and trans together and went to fit it in the car... Trans hits the tunnel... Swear i read somewhere that they fit, but no way this was gonna clear. Out with old mate angle grinder and this is the result...

And then as a result a new tunnel needed to be made...

painted

Had to make a trans mount. Had a good friend come over and give me a hand with the mount and had worked for SA chassis service a few years back and highly recommed me to cap the rails and seam weld the rails in the engine bay to prevent twist...

Trans mount

1.6MM Cold rolled steel that i bent up to follow the form of the rails under the car

plugged welded rails under the car...

welded rails in the engine bay, and as a result i decided to pull everything out and paint the bay again. (been 9 years since i did it)

went for the Jet back engine bay this time...

Suspension and steering back in.

Will be getting around to finishing the tidy up of the rail welding under the car tomorrow and some of the wiring to the front of the car... More phots to come...
81 Turbo GJ SIG-260
04 BA GT BA GT
DVSSIGMA

Re: MY GJ SIGMA TURBO Skids at Tailembend video...

Post by DVSSIGMA »

:D