GE Sigma

Members Rides can be viewed here, remember when posting here to keep mechanical discussions for its appropriate forum.
75glnt

Re: GE Sigma

Post by 75glnt »

all good, glad i can help mate :)
N/A ALL THE WAY
BAD-SIG

Post by BAD-SIG »

Hey Ricky, long time no see! I'm Fabio, the guy who bought the 1.6 beige Sigma from you and towed it all the way from Bendigo to Frankston (took us like 5 hours!!). I'm still playing around with Sigmas, I did loose my interest a little bit for a while as I got a better job and bought a Series 5 RX7 Turbo, but since then my dad passed away and I've gotten back into the Sigmas for good now to fix one up in dad's memory. I've also started up a blog dedicated to Sigmas and other older Mitsubishis (but mostly Sigmas): http://bad-sig.blogspot.com.au. Very nice blue GE you've got there, reminds me a lot of my first ever car which was a blue GE SE sedan, which I still have but it's far too rusty to fix up unfortunatly...

If you can send me more photos of your Sigma so I can do a bit of a feature of it for my blog. You can email me via 20bsigma@gmail.com or via my old Optus email if you still have it. Here is a pic of the GE Sigma SE I'm currently restoring (i live in Ballarat now btw):

Please click below to visit my blog dedicated to my GE Sigma SE:
http://www.galant-sigma.com

Please click below to visit my cardomain website dedicated to my GE Sigma SE:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/293989

1979GE

Post by 1979GE »

Hi Everyone, Its been so long since i updated my thread... Unfortunatly my Blue GE was in an accident with a gumtree that provides great shade and a thunderstorm a couple of years ago, the tree was struck by lightning and fell onto it and crushed it down to the door frames. i have 2 GE's still, My wagon is a 1980 SE with 120k on the clock, was bought really cheap after a scrap guy got it and told me he had it, so i got it for scrap value and put bugger all into it to get it to where it is. pretty clean with minimal rust in the bottom of the doors, roof is rust free :) My seconed GE is a 1978 SE sedan. Its in great condition. I have only had it a couple of months, it was on gumtree for $1800 from tasmania. i have only cleaned it up but Ken the previous owner looked after it very well. its done 233k but looks like its done 100k.

You still around Fabio? Must catch up with you, i didn't see your last post mate, Sorry to be so rude. it would be great to catch up with you sometime.

here is some pics for you guys.. starting with the sedan

My wagon, will get more pics when shes out next..

My babies in bed lol

Thanks for looking :)
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

1979GE wrote:Unfortunatly my Blue GE was in an accident with a gumtree that provides great shade and a thunderstorm a couple of years ago, the tree was struck by lightning and fell onto it and crushed it down to the door frames.
Now that is unlucky :(

Glad to see you have 2 other tidy examples.
Very tidy examples :thumpsup:

Dave...
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
1979GE

Post by 1979GE »

i was pretty emotional at the time but theres really not you can do but to look for another one, she had alot of good parts to give before she went to the crusher. i still have the front bar with the number plate on it hanging up in the shed :P
BAD-SIG

Post by BAD-SIG »

Hey mate, sorry to hear about your blue GE. My blue GE SE went to the crusher too due to rust holes in the roof big enough to fit your fist through it! But my golden GE SE is going well, I put all the good rare parts out of my blue GE into it and loads more. But ever since I noticed a few bubbles under the vinyl roof of my golden GE SE, I decided to take it off the road and fix it. Now if I can only find the time and money and someone to help...
Please click below to visit my blog dedicated to my GE Sigma SE:
http://www.galant-sigma.com

Please click below to visit my cardomain website dedicated to my GE Sigma SE:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/293989

1979GE

Post by 1979GE »

yep, i know all about rust under vinyl roofs, had this clean GE GL, body was great but almost all the rear window was rusted out and the front window had 6inch holes in the roof... vinyl roofs are baaaaaad!

shame, was a low kay well looked after car, but the rust in the roof was epic!
ddt

Post by ddt »

Hi 1979GE,
sad to hear about your blue one getting wiped out by a fallen tree :( . Did you ever get around to repainting that one? i never saw any pics go up.

Congrats on your two new GEs -they are in amazing condition. I'm pretty sure that's the rare leather interior option in your white GE? - but I've never seen it in that colour.
'Member's Rides' Link for LIL RED WGN: http://www.sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=4742
1979GE

Post by 1979GE »

Hi ddt,
I cheated and only painted the roof and the rust repairs on the bottom of the guards, and buffed the rest out.. was not perfect but looked pretty good. the white GE is a 01/78 it has a few things differant that i have noticed. dark brown i have only seen in another GL before (78) the pockets on the front seats are elastic cord and not a vinyl pocket. interior and door mirror are slightly differant in shape, window winders again, only slightly differant, brake booster and the brake lines is something i have not seen before aswell.. i thought maybe it was an import or they changed some componants on the 79 GE. i have had my wagon for a few years now but i want to put them both on club rego, but i dont know the process yet. 4 regos is costing me a fortune :P

ps. sorry to all for my shocking spelling..... red lines everywhere lol