GE Sigma

Members Rides can be viewed here, remember when posting here to keep mechanical discussions for its appropriate forum.
1979GE

GE Sigma

Post by 1979GE »

Hi Everyone,
I used to be a member of SG a long time ago, cant remember my old username. i used to have a clean silver GJ SE wagon and a Red Magna Elante. I sold a GE 1.6 sigma many years ago on this site to a guy called fabio?? Anyway, like all sigma fans your never too long without one, and so i bought this GE on ebay a few days ago for a new project. needs a fair bit of work but its got a great relitivly straight body to start with. Its got rust but nothing that cant be fixed. interior needs to go though, all up its a great start for only $300 dollars.

Its good to see that alot of people are still interested in these cars!! not too many GE's around anymore, getting harder to find straight ones. Will be looking for a blue GH SE interior if anyone knows where one is?

Thats enough out of me, Thanks for looking. Rick (H)
Sigmoe

Re: GE Sigma

Post by Sigmoe »

nice buy mate! looks good
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

Yep, $300 bucks, that's a steal.
Welcome and will be looking forward to see what you do with it.

Dave...
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
metaldrift

Post by metaldrift »

lol, nice car mate, I threw out a complete blue gh se sedan interior about 2 months ago lol, wish I'd kept it for ya now lol.
ddt

Post by ddt »

nice choice of sigma!
Every time i see a dashboard pic of a GE i can't help but look at the plastic running just above the heater controls -99% of the time it's distorted. Yours appears perfect though! :thumpsup: (just a neurotic thing i have..)
'Member's Rides' Link for LIL RED WGN: http://www.sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=4742
shuggy

Post by shuggy »

i have a complete blue GE interior if you want it?

http://www.sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.p ... ion#p40793
13bsigma

Post by 13bsigma »

ddt wrote:Every time i see a dashboard pic of a GE i can't help but look at the plastic running just above the heater controls -99% of the time it's distorted. Yours appears perfect though! (just a neurotic thing i have..)
i to have noticed that. . on my 2, the 87,000km one is a little distorter, the better one is ok :) you dont see many in such great cond :)
1978 GE sigma 57,000kms the toy called silvia. comming to the Gold Coast soon.
1978 GE sigma 87,000kms spare parts for the toy
1996 suzuki baleno turbo. $32,000 invested in it. $22,000 in the engine. $10,000 in sound
1996 suzuki baleno GTX. getting shaved and resprayed soon and receiving turbo engine
1980 GH sigma AKA JET.51G 18 PSI of T04 injected power.
1979GE

Post by 1979GE »

Thanks everyone, My mates and i were poking around it in the shed today and its pretty clean, so i have decided to bring it up to original spec, keep it clean looking and but a 2ltr turbo in it to make it move just a little quicker. the interior is pretty good apart from the carpets. so once i replace that and give it a really good clean it should be fine. also found that its had the same owner since 87 and they are he same numberplates since then, so once its painted i will send it in for its roadworthy and keep the original plates. so i will be going for a stock original look. so far i figure i will need, both front and rear bars. new carpets, and paint for the time being. it really doesnt need alot of body work before the paint :D really happr for $300!! cant believe it really, Thanks again for your comments :D
1979GE

Post by 1979GE »

G'Day All,
Did a little bit of work on GE over the weekend, As you could see from the first photos the interior needed a really good clean, So thats where i have started. The carpet was completely worn out, so i bought some brand new stuff on ebay, place called knox auto carpets. i think its really good value at $130 for the fron and back already molded for the GE floor. that alone made a huge diferance to the interior, i cleaned the front passenger vinal seat, the drivers one is next. the seats are in fantastic condition for thier age, the brown on the drivers seat is just from the seat covers, its cleaning off like the passenger seat. also found all the knobs for the orginal radio. i put an SE cluster in for the rev guage but put my odemeter behined it so she still has her orinal 150,000 kays showing. still have a bit to go, need to redo the roof lining ( has come down). i think its comming up pretty good :-)

Thanks looking! Rick.
13bsigma

Post by 13bsigma »

wow dude. the first thing i noticed before reading anything was the carpet :) it looks great :)
i cant wait to get my GE up here with me :) i am doing the same with the tacho cluster too :) yours looks in as good condition as mine. but traveled 3 time the distance. . which means it was well looked after.
1978 GE sigma 57,000kms the toy called silvia. comming to the Gold Coast soon.
1978 GE sigma 87,000kms spare parts for the toy
1996 suzuki baleno turbo. $32,000 invested in it. $22,000 in the engine. $10,000 in sound
1996 suzuki baleno GTX. getting shaved and resprayed soon and receiving turbo engine
1980 GH sigma AKA JET.51G 18 PSI of T04 injected power.
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

Just wondering if you've got any updates on this?
I like what you're doing with it so far, sounds and looks like something I'd do.
When I had my GE (it was a silver GL with burgundy vinyl interior), I resprayed the grill and the plate that goes behind the number plate, and just detailed the hell out of it. I even kept the original 13inch wheels on it. It looked so good that I couldn't bring myself to change anything on it. I bought it in 1997, it had 78000kms on it. Wish I still had it?

Dave...
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
1979GE

Post by 1979GE »

Hi Dave,
Not much has happened with it lately, i picked up a few parts, i managed to find 2 dead straight GE SE bars, i wanted GL ones but couldnt find a straight set, She will be painted hopefully early next year, im going to take the engine out and rebuilt it, and while its out i will strip back and respray the engine bay, it will be painted the stock colour. i also want to do something woth the rims, but they are abit rusty, i dont know what the coating is on them from factory? i might powder coat them in a similar color to get the factory, new look, i have to also find the chrome wheel trim as mine only has 2 left. i found a set of centre caps as mine only had 3. interior wise i need to make a new roof linning as with most sigmas, mines hanging down, i will go to a trimmer and see if they can match up the original vinal. apart from that the seats just need a really good clean, unfortunatly i havnt been able to spend much time on it due to work but im aiming for a february finish. im hopeing to take it own on a cruise in melbourne if theres one after feb sometime. thats about it, i will take some photos of her next weekend when i polish the chrome, straight bars made a big differance to it, Thanks for the intrest in my siggy :-)
Rick.
1979GE

Post by 1979GE »

Hi all, Thought id post some update pics, the car has been in the shed for the last couple of years, its now at the body shop having the rust cut out, should have it back in a couple of weeks, and then shes off to get painted, its going to be painted the same color so nothing special, from the start i wanted to restore this car to look original. i cant wait to get her back :-) will post some pics when i get it back with the rust/dent repair before it goes in for paint..... from the last post the bumpers were changed to the straight SE type that i found for $50, the wheels that i just bought from another S-G member, new tail light..... umm dunno, it was 2 years ago lol... Enjoy!

A112H

Post by A112H »

Been a while mate, glad to have you back and with updates, lol
I often check through old threads like yours and wonder what became of the build or project, glad to see you are back on track and looking forward to the new paint pics :thumpsup:
ddt

Post by ddt »

mmm, i like it with the new bars and mags- i actually have a set of those wheels that i've been meaning to try on the wagon..

It's gonna look sweet with new panel and paint :D
'Member's Rides' Link for LIL RED WGN: http://www.sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=4742
1979GE

Post by 1979GE »

ddt wrote:mmm, i like it with the new bars and mags- i actually have a set of those wheels that i've been meaning to try on the wagon..

It's gonna look sweet with new panel and paint :D
I think these rims really suit early sigmas, it also looks factory even though they didn't come out on GE's? I have seen plenty of GH's with them and on and in the sales brochures they were an option. i want to try and keep it as factory looking as i can, so i think these were the best option for me.
A112H wrote:Been a while mate, glad to have you back and with updates, lol
I often check through old threads like yours and wonder what became of the build or project, glad to see you are back on track and looking forward to the new paint pics :thumpsup:
Thanks mate, i cant wait to see it, the first thing i will do is post some piccys :-) the project is very much alive, just gotta find time!
ddt

Post by ddt »

I think these rims really suit early sigmas, it also looks factory even though they didn't come out on GE's?
I'm sure i've seen a brochure with them on a GE? It would have been late in the range -somehow i feel it may have been tied up with the larger 2.6L engine option?
TUFSIG
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Post by TUFSIG »

Very Nice GE mate
looking good
TUFSIG
Boost Is the Only Way
1984 GK Sigma GSR, 2.6 EFI Turbo
1992 Aus Delivered 3000GT Twin Turbo
1984 GK Sigma GSR Stocka

1979GE

Post by 1979GE »

ddt wrote: I'm sure i've seen a brochure with them on a GE? It would have been late in the range -somehow i feel it may have been tied up with the larger 2.6L engine option?
Hey, your right!! i did a little looking

This is awesome, so its tieing in with the factory look perfectly! (H)
TUFSIG wrote:Very Nice GE mate
looking good
Thanks mate!! love your turbo GSR too!
Scorpma82

Post by Scorpma82 »

Actually the first thing i noticed were the original plates.......even the colouring has faded on them

Where about in Vic u based in?
Built with pride, Driven in anger
1979GE

Post by 1979GE »

based in bendigo mate, you? yeah im the 3rd owner, the previous owner had it from 1987 to 2009 when i got it. she said the number plate was on it when she bought it so i believe its the ones that were on it when it was first regestered in december 79' :thumpsup:
Scorpma82

Post by Scorpma82 »

Im out in Pakenham area.....30mins S.E of melb.

And yes....they are from '79.......My dad had a GH made in '80 and its plate was AWV-???
Built with pride, Driven in anger
75glnt

Post by 75glnt »

this is the only model sigma i like. this is a really tidy siggy mate. theres one that looks identical to yours up here (qld) in the wreckers. but with the interior thats in the brochure thats colour matched blue. theres standard hubcaps in the back of it to. if you want and parts i can help you out? i could ask tell you the price of the part you want, get it, then sell it to you same + postage?
N/A ALL THE WAY
1979GE

Post by 1979GE »

awesome mate, where abouts are you? i have family up there in munruben! i go to visit them every couple of months, what wrecker is it mate? might head up there soon!
75glnt

Post by 75glnt »

ah yea. the wreckers is blacksoil wreckers. its off the warrago hwy. think its called abc wreckers? theres no wheels or anything, just the body and engine, diff, interior, struts (which i'll be getting tomorrow hopefully) all the rest of it. full car. theres also a red one. same situation. but no front seats. but really good chrome!
N/A ALL THE WAY
1979GE

Post by 1979GE »

if there is some tailights there in gc can you snap them up and i will pay you?
75glnt

Post by 75glnt »

righto mate. i'll try and get in there this week. its almost 100k drive there. dont worry about fuel as i'll pick the struts up when i'm there.
N/A ALL THE WAY
1979GE

Post by 1979GE »

cool mate, let me know how much i owe you :-) thanks, really appreciate it!
75glnt

Post by 75glnt »

all good mate, like i said. if ya want to pm me a list, i'll give you a quote on the parts there and go from there. so far just the tail lights?
N/A ALL THE WAY
1979GE

Post by 1979GE »

pm sent, cheers man!!