1974 Galant Wagon Daily driver

Members Rides can be viewed here, remember when posting here to keep mechanical discussions for its appropriate forum.
Wagontrain

1974 Galant Wagon Daily driver

Post by Wagontrain »

Hi all, just want to post a link to my pictures on Photobucket. The Wagon has been a part of our family for over 4yrs, and I still love driving it.
http://s781.photobucket.com/home/Glennj59/allalbums
I hope this works. Glenn.
GC=Good Car
oldn64
Oldn Engineering

Re: 1974 Galant Wagon Daily driver

Post by oldn64 »

Looks nice there. Couldnt read the paint code from the plate, got any ideas? What is the paint code?

Cheers
The way God intended it.....Chrysler for the win :D
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

Yep, looking good.
Thanks for posting pics.
What are the plans for them? Or is it just a driver and spare parts car?

Edit: I just saw your other post, I suppose that answers it?

Dave...
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
Wagontrain

Post by Wagontrain »

oldn64 wrote:Looks nice there. Couldnt read the paint code from the plate, got any ideas? What is the paint code?

Cheers
The 77 GDOH45 is "Topaz Gold" Code YQ Berg 4722, Trim L1, Options E12 D31 My wife used to call the sedan I had this colour some aweful names. The trim on this one is clean and much better than the daily driver.
The 74 GC4H45 is paint code AD Berg 4628, Trim B1, OPtions E12 D31 Not sure what colour this was originally, but the metalflake silver was a good choice.
GC=Good Car
oldn64
Oldn Engineering

Post by oldn64 »

AD - 4628 had an great colour name of Silver, was metalic and ran 73-early 75 was used across the complete valiant range.

YQ - 4722 was as stated Topaz Gold and ran 74 to late 78 deleted in 79.

I cannot find my other books at present but memory is thinking that E12 is engine code for 1600 and D31 manual 4speed floor shift

then there is the trim wish I have on microfiche somewhere and not even going to begin to guess these ones.

Both sound great cars....

Cheers
The way God intended it.....Chrysler for the win :D
Wagontrain

Post by Wagontrain »

Wagontrain wrote:
oldn64 wrote:Looks nice there. Couldnt read the paint code from the plate, got any ideas? What is the paint code?

Cheers
The 77 GDOH45 is "Topaz Gold" Code YQ Berg 4722, Trim L1, Options E12 D31 My wife used to call the sedan I had this colour some aweful names. The trim on this one is clean and much better than the daily driver.
The 74 GC4H45 is paint code AD Berg 4628, Trim B1, OPtions E12 D31 Not sure what colour this was originally, but the metalflake silver was a good choice.
Hi again, couldn't reply to the other message, but both the wagons are Auto's so D31 must be the auto option. The trims are carpeted on bottom of doors on theSilver, B1, and all vinyl on the doors of the Gold car with L1. I mustn't get too interested in these things, as they have to be sold to fund the 4x4 dream. The facebook pic of the v6 Como engine looks interesting tho..Glenn
GC=Good Car
PROSSER

Post by PROSSER »

hey are you still contemplating getting rid of your wagons?
Samual
Wagontrain

Post by Wagontrain »

Hi all, yes if anyone is interested enough to come to Sunny Queensland I am always open to offers on the wagons. Still driving the Silver bullet, and sadly have had to move the spare car out into the yard and put a cover on it. (Need a bigger shed)
GC=Good Car