Reliving the 70's, via Galants :)

Members Rides can be viewed here, remember when posting here to keep mechanical discussions for its appropriate forum.
Wagontrain

Reliving the 70's, via Galants :)

Post by Wagontrain »

I got my first GC 27years ago, when I was dating my wife. Must have had stars in my eyes as it handled better than anything I had before it. (Morris 1100, EJ, FJ holdens, Mazda ute....nuf said) Had another one a few years later, then needed a bus while the girls grew up. Bought my silver GC wagon from a mechanic friend 3-4 years ago. It came with a blown motor, and a 1400cc (Lancer I think) motor thrown in. Ended up putting new pistons, rings, timing chain and bearings in it, and it hasn't stopped since. The auto is sluggish changing, but I regularly give it a bootful just to make it work a bit. Gets used daily, and has been my daughters car for a few of those years. Last year I bought another wagon, with the dual headlights so I think it is a year newer. This brown one has each corner bumped a bit, and an auto gearbox problem. (no reverse and creeps in neutral). I am keeping it for spares and maybe a future project. Another car in the yard is a 91 Lancer, and having replaced it's engine I think it has the same block as the early Galant. Wish I had a bigger shed!

Wish I could work out how to put pictures in here.
Hey, maybe this will work.
My facebook pics are at http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=1 ... 6f62174c52
I am currently using the silver wagon, (74 GC I think) but have too many cars in the yard so am thinking of selling both of the wagons and spares to make room for the next project. I'm probably too far north for members to be interested but, when I've sorted out what I'm doing I'll post them on the right board, with pics. Cheers, Glenn
Last edited by Wagontrain on Sun May 02, 2010 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GC=Good Car
75wagon
Admin

Re: Reliving the 70's, via Galants :)

Post by 75wagon »

pm sent :thumpsup:

Dave...
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers