Limelight GC

Members Rides can be viewed here, remember when posting here to keep mechanical discussions for its appropriate forum.
llgc

Limelight GC

Post by llgc »

This is my GC only had it a few weeks, it was sold new in Redcliffe I bought it in Toowoomba now back in Brisbane. Has had a 4G62 fitted but otherwise original (as far as i know). Paint is not the best but it drives good!
astronturbo77
Sigma-Galant Police (Global Mod)

Re: Limelight GC

Post by astronturbo77 »

wow, nice example. engine pics please :D
BUILT NOT BROUGHT BY ALGIE.
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

Yep, I'd be happy with that.
Dragways look mad on 'em.
Are there spacers behind the front wheels? They seem to sit out as much as the wheels on my car on the front, but not on the back....

Dave...
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
llgc

Post by llgc »

Its a bit ugly under the bonnet, but if u insist!!
DanTurboLancer

Post by DanTurboLancer »

Looks Great :thumpsup:
llgc

Post by llgc »

75wagon wrote:Yep, I'd be happy with that.
Dragways look mad on 'em.
Are there spacers behind the front wheels? They seem to sit out as much as the wheels on my car on the front, but not on the back....

Dave...
No spacers on the front, I just grabbed the wheels off a bloke yesterday and stuck em on this arvo. I didn't measure each one but I'm pretty sure they are all same offset. I do think it would look better with the fronts tucked in a bit.
Cheers,
Mike
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

DanTurboLancer wrote: No spacers on the front, I just grabbed the wheels off a bloke yesterday and stuck em on this arvo. I didn't measure each one but I'm pretty sure they are all same offset. I do think it would look better with the fronts tucked in a bit.
Maybe the sedans have a larger rear guard then the wagons?
The GC/GD wagons share the same rear body shape as the GA/GB wagons...

Dave...
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
colta51

Post by colta51 »

very nice (H) so wat are yore plans for it?
My car: Colt/Galant AI standed. going AII GS speks!
DanTurboLancer

Post by DanTurboLancer »

75wagon wrote:
DanTurboLancer wrote: No spacers on the front, I just grabbed the wheels off a bloke yesterday and stuck em on this arvo. I didn't measure each one but I'm pretty sure they are all same offset. I do think it would look better with the fronts tucked in a bit.
Maybe the sedans have a larger rear guard then the wagons?
The GC/GD wagons share the same rear body shape as the GA/GB wagons...

Dave...

HAHA What?? is this program putting word in my mouth? haha
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

It took me a while to pic up what you meant then Dan... :lol:
Yeah I don't get why that happen using your name for the quote? I didn't notice when I posted it...
I have noticed that when I use quotes sometimes, random names come up, I don't know whether I'm doing something wrong or it's the site?

Dave...
shuggy

Post by shuggy »

thats very strange

PS love the ride, thats identical to my 1st galant :thumpsup:
llgc

Post by llgc »

Had alot of fun with this car, but its all over now. Was hit while parked outside my place on residential street, car is now stuffed. Offending driver has no insurance so I'm left without a car to drive and a whole lot of time and money wasted taking the bastard to court. I hate looking at it but this is what it looks like when I got home from work
PROSSER

Post by PROSSER »

nooooo!! why is it that the good that die young im sorry to hear about his! you should sell her on here or part her out on her so atleast some of her can be reused rather then letting it all go to waste!
Samual
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

Damn that's bad luck.
It was tidy as too.
What are you going to do with it now?
A112H

Post by A112H »

Bummer dude, that was a very nice and tidy example. Were you insured? Your insurance company should pay out or fix your car then chase him for the money.
Same thing happened to my VR4, I sold it to a guy in Perth, 2 weeks after he got it he was parked outside a mates house and got cleaned up.
It's a sad day for Galants :(
woops

Post by woops »

That is such a tragic sight to see. Hope you have the ability to see it parted out to try and recoup some of your losses. Do you have to keep it in it's current state to be able to still take him to court or are you able to try and get some money for it in the mean time? It'd be such a shame to see it go to a wreckers to see them make all the money from it instead of you.
'72 GB Galant Sedan nanna spec daily
'85 GN Sigma Wagon 4g63 SOHC Turbo almost ready for the road
'74 GC Galant Coupe long term project
EVL076
S-G Veteran

Post by EVL076 »

llgc wrote: Offending driver has no insurance so I'm left without a car
So you had no insurance either then?
Cos if you did, your insurance would have covered you!
No pity here about that fact...
Image Image
metaldrift

Post by metaldrift »

mate, sad to see that! if it wasn't insured and dosen't go on write off register you should fix her back up, I've fixed worse myself lol. If it isn't on w/off reg I'd even be interested in buying it! Good luck with it!
tandanus

Post by tandanus »

Heavy bummer...
But it looks fixable and worth fixing (desirable car), so....
What else can you buy for the cost of fixing it?
T.
The highest reward for a man's toil is not what he gets for it but who he becomes by it.
John Ruskin
woops

Post by woops »

That kinda or panel damage would probably cost a few grand to have a workshop do it. You could do it your self in a weekend or two with a cut from another car, some painting equipment and a mig welder. The sad thing is that parting it out would probably get a good portion of what it'd cost to get a replacement. Maybe you could find a good donor vehicle but it looks like you don't have a large amount of space to do that kinda thing.
'72 GB Galant Sedan nanna spec daily
'85 GN Sigma Wagon 4g63 SOHC Turbo almost ready for the road
'74 GC Galant Coupe long term project
llgc

Post by llgc »

I don't have comprehensive insurance but I won't be doing that again. Lucky the neighbour works niteshift so he was home and got the cops to come around. Fixing it isn't an option cos I can't even get anyone to quote on it apart from one bloke who said over $3000 if I could find parts. I can't do it myself cos i haven't got time or room to do it and I don't know one end of a welder from the other! Already had to take time off work and drive it round (not really legal without tailight) to try to get a quotation so I'm trying to cut my losses and get the bloke to pay me what I think its worth (can't discuss figures until court case) When he pays I'll just wreck it then.
ted

Post by ted »

this was a really nice car!!! i asked you if you wanted to sell it at chryslers on the murray!!!
ozgdgalants

Post by ozgdgalants »

Hi Limelight and So So Sorry to see your lovely galant in this conditon :( i liked the colour as the people next door to me purschased one new in this colour? not many around now.? please try to save this old girl if possible?

Whats going on in QLD with drivers do the hate old cars? First the mint YeLLoW GE siggy destroyed NOW your Mint condition Galant please no? MORE of this bad luck?.

Makes me cry to see this happen to these old cars that lasted in great condition for all there years to end up like this? I hope you get this bloke & make him pay every cent if possible to fix your car back to perfect condition?.

Thats all i can wish for you. again i feel so sorry for you and your Gally i feel your pain.
A mate that went to chryslers show down south told me about how good your car looked in real life?.

If you can fix her post up a parts wanted im sure S-G members would help you chase up parts me to you need any help i may have some parts? also it would be good if any Qld people no or are good at panel work to help you out i hope it all works out good in the end? see ya wayne ozgdgalants.
colta51

Post by colta51 »

very sad to see this happen to such a nice car :(
It is still possable to find NOS rear and roof pannels over seas... thats if you are willing to spend the $$ on getting them fitted?
My car: Colt/Galant AI standed. going AII GS speks!