75 2 door LA Lancer

Members Rides can be viewed here, remember when posting here to keep mechanical discussions for its appropriate forum.
Cunjie

75 2 door LA Lancer

Post by Cunjie »

Hi guys, I have posted the odd pic of the car on a few of the site's folders, however never via the member's ride folder. A few may remember the car from the old website, particularly wrt my prolonged sunroof patch dramas.

Quick summary: I have owned the car for many years & used it a as daily driver until a few years back, when I decided to throw some $ into it in order to restore & prolong longevity. As per the below pics, I had the car taken back to bare metal, the unused sunroof removed (which was in the car when I bought it - DOH) & the roof "suitable" patched. The car was then resprayed in the original colour. Unfortunately due to poor workmanship/shoddy panel beating, the sunroof patch failed after only 6 months - see below pics. After much debate & intercation with Dept of Fair Trading, I had the roof reskined via a donor roof.

Whilst the 2nd roof repair has turned out great, the repairer still managed to crack my windscreen & flawless dashboard in the process of removing/re-fitting the front windscreen. Needlees to say I have since moved on & the car is now in much loved hands again. The car is no longer a daily driver & will now be lucky to clock over more than a couple of hundred km each year from here on in.

The car is largely original - EL 1400, 4 speed, with the exception of a sports exhaust, wheels, side mirrors & interior door/panel trims. I would love to swap the 4 speed for a 5, however not sure the pain/effort will be rewarded or justified. I have just a few minor issues with the car, mainly a bit of slop in the steering (ready to swap/reco the steering box) and looking for a driver's side front combination lamp lens cover to replace the current cracked one. I hope to sort out these minor issues real soon & get around to a few of the cruise/show event here in Brissy area.

Back to bare metal

failed sunroof repair

Exposed bog over sunroof patch

Final product
GC75
Admin

Re: 75 2 door LA Lancer

Post by GC75 »

hectic amount of bog on the roof lol
Previous owner of a GC Coupe, a few GSRS and random Sigmas.
Converted to the Ultimate Driving Machines
75wagon
Admin

Post by 75wagon »

Only a couple of hundred km's a year? That's not much.
Shame to here about your dashboard, I did the same thing to my wagon. After I sprayed it I was putting it back together, had it out of the garage. I mowed the lawn and a rock hit the windscreen. I had to put my spare in. While I was putting it in I cracked the top of the dash. Not a big crack, but it was perfect the first time. :@

5 speed conversion is easy. http://www.sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=3635

Dave...
If you want any sigma-galant.com stickers, then look here for how to get them sigma-galant.com stickers
Cunjie

Post by Cunjie »

Only a couple of hundred km's a year? That's not much.
Shame to here about your dashboard, I did the same thing to my wagon. After I sprayed it I was putting it back together, had it out of the garage. I mowed the lawn and a rock hit the windscreen. I had to put my spare in. While I was putting it in I cracked the top of the dash. Not a big crack, but it was perfect the first time.

The km will just reflect the odd weekend local drive & the car events etc, whilst I hope to restore the dash (not myself) as I doubt I'll get another descent one from the wreckers.

5 speed conversion is easy. http://www.sigma-galant.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=3635

Yes I'd read that thread Dave, which was an excellent summary of the box needed and process. Should I get the time & energy I will more than likely go down that road.
DanTurboLancer

Post by DanTurboLancer »

Very nice Cunjie!!!
The Green looks great, and the wheels look awesome, and suit the car!

I would love to see more photos!
Interior, Engine bay diferent angles of the outside :)